Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEFC - To big?

Looking over the past few years ever since the merger with Grasshoppers, has NEFC become to big? The organization has had a major shakeup in structure over the past year. The addition of TG has helped there rep immensely as technical director. The central remains strong. What about the satellites of the South Coast and South Shore? The staff has seen major losses in the south shore and south coast. The lack of support in the satellite programs is alarming. Metro is fine, because it is still the Grasshoppers with NEFC gear. The question has to be asked is the club to big?

Where is Big? Do they have nice soccer fields there?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Where is Big? Do they have nice soccer fields there?
      I was wondering how someone would handle that. Well done. Except the poster isn't going to get it since he/she used 'to' instead of 'too' 3 times, so clearly not a typo.

Comment

Looking over the past few years ever since the merger with Grasshoppers, has NEFC become to big? The organization has had a major shakeup in structure over the past year. The addition of TG has helped there rep immensely as technical director. The central remains strong. What about the satellites of the South Coast and South Shore? The staff has seen major losses in the south shore and south coast. The lack of support in the satellite programs is alarming. Metro is fine, because it is still the Grasshoppers with NEFC gear. The question has to be asked is the club to big?
        No.

Look long term and it's safe to assume they aren't done. I suppose you can call some of the changes you see after each of their mergers as a natural or necessary transition and some unintended growing pains, but nothing that would cause them to deliberately stop growing.

Comment

No.

Look long term and it's safe to assume they aren't done. I suppose you can call some of the changes you see after each of their mergers as a natural or necessary transition and some unintended growing pains, but nothing that would cause them to deliberately stop growing.
          Why should they stop growing? The more teams the more money. I would not want anything to do with their b-g teams but their top teams are usually pretty solid.

Comment

Why should they stop growing? The more teams the more money. I would not want anything to do with their b-g teams but their top teams are usually pretty solid.
            While I know you're poking fun at the number of teams, some of their supposed c-d teams actually won tournaments last weekend. Some of their c-d teams would beat a lot of clubs' top teams.

Comment

Too

Are you aware that to, too and two have different meanings?

Comment

If you knew how club soccer worked outside of Mass you would recognize that someone in this state is going to have to grow to mammoth size if anyone around here wants to be competitive across the region/country. The small clubs are doomed to be nothing more than this generation's version of a town program. Going forward, with so many clubs now franchising themselves across the country, it will be all about the number of players in the club and their league affiliations. NEFC may not be the one who pulls it all together but don't for one moment think that any small club with limited geographic appeal is going to be the one to replace them as the future of club soccer.

Comment

We are in our seventh year with NEFC, three kids, different programs ("A and B" teams). Prior to NEFC our kids had been at different clubs over time including Stars, Scorpions, MPS. We have found NEFC to be the most organized and professional of this group (which some would argue are the top clubs in Mass). We were around for some of this growth (Puma, Grasshoppers) and have to say we think the club has handled it very well.

If someone is criticizing NEFC for their size, I'm willing to bet their kid got pushed to a lower team and they are simply disgruntled. The experience we've had is that NEFC delivers good competition and excellent training at a reasonable price.

Comment

If you knew how club soccer worked outside of Mass you would recognize that someone in this state is going to have to grow to mammoth size if anyone around here wants to be competitive across the region/country. The small clubs are doomed to be nothing more than this generation's version of a town program. Going forward, with so many clubs now franchising themselves across the country, it will be all about the number of players in the club and their league affiliations. NEFC may not be the one who pulls it all together but don't for one moment think that any small club with limited geographic appeal is going to be the one to replace them as the future of club soccer.
                    Read this...and then go read #19 in the GotSoccer points thread. NEFC = good. Scorps = bad. Duplicity 101. And then go read how NEFC teams C-D are winning tournaments (presumably very local tournaments because they wouldn't spend money out of step with the level of their teams).

Comment

Antitrust Law

USDOJ Antitrust Division is issuing subpoenas and yellow/red cards as I write this.
                      *** ppl?

Comment

While I know you're poking fun at the number of teams, some of their supposed c-d teams actually won tournaments last weekend. Some of their c-d teams would beat a lot of clubs' top teams.
                        Which teams and which tournaments?

Comment

Which teams and which tournaments?
                          I can tell you that my daughter's C team beat Western United (top team) this weekend and the Aztecs top team in the NEFC tournament and tied them during the regular season. So yes C teams (Central United) are winning games against A teams at other clubs! I'm not expecting my daughter to be the next Alex Morgan, but she's on a good team with good training and has a great coach.

The South Coast United team (another C team) has also done really well and beaten A teams.

Comment

Originally posted by perspective View Post
                            Read this...and then go read #19 in the GotSoccer points thread. NEFC = good. Scorps = bad. Duplicity 101. And then go read how NEFC teams C-D are winning tournaments (presumably very local tournaments because they wouldn't spend money out of step with the level of their teams).
                            This is how you end getting identified as a gay bashing Scorpions supporter.

Comment

My daughter has been with NEFC for 4 years now and she loves it! We have had nothing but positive experiences with the training and coaching staff. It's very professionally run with a consistent coaching staff who care about the development of the players. While she's not on the top team, I do feel that we get alot for the money and I've seen her improve tremendously over the years.

Club is what you make of it, you need to be prepared to take advantage of the additional training and do camps on your own to continue the development. The problem that I've seen is that parents expect that their kid is going to turn into Alex Morgan by practicing 3 hours a week and that's not the case with ANY club. I've seen parents get frustrated by the lack of development when in fact there's only so much a club can do for a kid. They need to be motivated on their own.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X