2013 Boys Eastern MA HS Soccer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I just don't think there are 10 big games per season. I was thinking 2-3-2 against needham, wellesley, weymouth and framingham, and 6-1-2 against the others. Thats 8-4-4
    So last year Brookline went 0-6-1 against these 4 teams listed and 3-3-3 against the rest of the BSL. Can you tell me what exactly has changed that they are going to play close to .500 against the big teams and close to sweep the rest?

Comment

So last year Brookline went 0-6-1 against these 4 teams listed and 3-3-3 against the rest of the BSL. Can you tell me what exactly has changed that they are going to play close to .500 against the big teams and close to sweep the rest?
      Yeah, it's a different team

Comment

Yeah, it's a different team
        Are they adding talent? Or is it just that the rising players are getting better? I'm not trying to be rude or anything and judging by your response I think thats how you are taking it. And considering this site, I can't blame you. I was just wondering where the improvement was coming from because going from 3-9-4 to 8-4-4 is a pretty significant jump in a competitive league like the BSL.

Comment

Are they adding talent? Or is it just that the rising players are getting better? I'm not trying to be rude or anything and judging by your response I think thats how you are taking it. And considering this site, I can't blame you. I was just wondering where the improvement was coming from because going from 3-9-4 to 8-4-4 is a pretty significant jump in a competitive league like the BSL.
          The BSL is a league where senior influence is immense. Last year, Brookline had zero contribution from seniors, whereas teams like Needham and Weymouth had huge senior influence. WHile most teams are losing their key players and starters, Brookline is returning all important pieces to the team. They are also adding a Revs player. With competition losing players and Brookline not losing anybody, it is certainly possible to go from 3-9-4 to 8-4-4. Also I take back my sarcasm. You seem like a nice guy/girl

Comment

The BSL is a league where senior influence is immense. Last year, Brookline had zero contribution from seniors, whereas teams like Needham and Weymouth had huge senior influence. WHile most teams are losing their key players and starters, Brookline is returning all important pieces to the team. They are also adding a Revs player. With competition losing players and Brookline not losing anybody, it is certainly possible to go from 3-9-4 to 8-4-4. Also I take back my sarcasm. You seem like a nice guy/girl
            adding a revs player?? what??

Comment

Brookline will beat Needham at least once this year. Needham will have trouble scoring. They lose their big guy up top and there 3 talented center mids. They also lost 2 3yr starters in the back. Brookline has a more balanced attack and if their player from DAP comes back, they will be at the top of the BSL. Look for Framing and wells to be the class of the 2013 BSL

Comment

Brookline will beat Needham at least once this year. Needham will have trouble scoring. They lose their big guy up top and there 3 talented center mids. They also lost 2 3yr starters in the back. Brookline has a more balanced attack and if their player from DAP comes back, they will be at the top of the BSL. Look for Framing and wells to be the class of the 2013 BSL
                Brookline has 3 players in DAP and one is supposedly coming back for sure. I don't know about the other two

Comment

adding a revs player?? what??
                  Yeahhhhhh dawg

Comment

Milton and Dedham should have moved to either the Hock or Tri Valley I will not be surprised if they do...I think Somerville has some new players so they will be helped..

Comment

Over 50 posts before graduation, just to get beat by Ludlow or whoever comes out of the west...

Comment

Over 50 posts before graduation, just to get beat by Ludlow or whoever comes out of the west...
                        how'd that one work out this year?

Comment

1-0 - a good shot by Amherst - with half the number of boys than the big EM schools...just adding a bit of humor to a much too serious discussion 3 months too early...

Comment

1-0 - a good shot by Amherst - with half the number of boys than the big EM schools...just adding a bit of humor to a much too serious discussion 3 months too early...
                            Fair enough, but there have been a fair number of smaller EM schools to won the title in the recent past.

Comment

Agreed on the smaller schools...which leads to...why??...a town's soccer culture (Ludlow), the best athletes gravitate to soccer (at least for the championship year(s))..3-4 star players...my thought is the culture AND best athlete..in HS you need those role players to complement the stars (who are mostly club players).

Comment

Needham had the best player in the state last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X