2013 Boys Eastern MA HS Soccer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Preseason starts a week from Monday. I like Framingham in the BSL, everyone else lost too much. Braintree could move up and be a tournament team again and no one wants to play them in the tournament. How will Weymouth fill the holes lost from last year? Can Needham stay atop?
    Wellesley. Strong at pretty much every position this year. Starting lineup will be mostly, if not entirely, made up of top level club players. This is their year.

Comment

Winchester boys looking for a head coach

Winchester boys varsity is looking for a new coach for the upcoming season. Interested and qualified candidates should see last week's Boston Sunday Globe for the job posting, or email juandiegolfs@gmail.com for application instructions.

Comment

Wellesley

Wellesley is going to be legit this year. The one way to beat them is to be physical with them. The are very technical but lack tuffness imo.
        Wellesley. Strong at pretty much every position this year. Starting lineup will be mostly, if not entirely, made up of top level club players. This is their year.

Comment

Preseason starts a week from Monday. I like Framingham in the BSL, everyone else lost too much. Braintree could move up and be a tournament team again and no one wants to play them in the tournament. How will Weymouth fill the holes lost from last year? Can Needham stay atop?
          Agree Framingham should do well, but not that everyone else lost a lot. Maybe Needham and Weymouth will be off from last year, but off could still be a contender for them. All the other large schools should be better this year (they can't get weaker than last year). Natick rose last year -- do they have the depth beyond their scorers to rise further?

Comment

Agree Framingham should do well, but not that everyone else lost a lot. Maybe Needham and Weymouth will be off from last year, but off could still be a contender for them. All the other large schools should be better this year (they can't get weaker than last year). Natick rose last year -- do they have the depth beyond their scorers to rise further?
            Needham graduated their all-world striker and 2 excellent creative midfielders. Those 3 made the team hum. They have some club players left, and will be tough defensively in the mid and back, but little in the way of offense. Top 2 seniors play DAP.

Comment

Needham will be solid but not great. They have been hurt by having three eligible players electing to play DAP instead. Still several solid club players left but not as much depth as they will likely need in order to go deep into the season.

Comment

If needham finishes as high as 4th it will be a great season.

Comment

Our JV Squad

Our JV team could have qualified for the post season with games against Norwood, Milton, Dedham etc...lol. Dont count us out, we will win it all, again lol.
                  If needham finishes as high as 4th it will be a great season.

Comment

Our JV team could have qualified for the post season with games against Norwood, Milton, Dedham etc...lol. Dont count us out, we will win it all, again lol.
                    Needham JV is always strong. Great coach I am told.

Comment

Needham will be solid but not great. They have been hurt by having three eligible players electing to play DAP instead. Still several solid club players left but not as much depth as they will likely need in order to go deep into the season.
                      3? I know about the 2 longtime Bolts who are on the U18 team. Is there a 3rd? Too bad for Needham but they seem to do okay last year without them.

Comment

I'm not counting out Needham by any means. They are always strong. But they won't even be close to the team they were last year. You don't lose the State player of the year and 2 other all state caliber players (BM & WC) and not regress.

Comment

3? I know about the 2 longtime Bolts who are on the U18 team. Is there a 3rd? Too bad for Needham but they seem to do okay last year without them.
                          Don't know about Needham but Natick has at least three players who would otherwise be playing for Natick High on the Revs. That's going to hurt them.

Comment

Emperor No Clothes

Isn't it great that scolarship kids get the free ride
                            to some of the best schools. Then they also get
                            to play there HS, because of course they were
                            not accepted to those schools for there soccer
                            prowess right? Meanwhile the kids who are
                            paying full freight, have to make a choice.
                            Sounds fair to me! I must be a real hater!!

Comment

Have another cold one. Hiccup.

Comment

Huh?? Who are you referring to? Needham??

Comment

Working...
                                X