X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US schoolboy joins Real Madrid academy

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/15...cademy?cc=5901

Wow! 4 hours and not one comment. This is a great story and every young boy/girl should be motivated by it. Just another example of how negative this blog has become. It's not a soccer blog, its a complaining blog. Nothing good is ever embraced here. Come on people, bring up all the negatives and beat this young kid and family down.
    - he's not big enough
    -He'll be washed out in 3 years
    - His parents are pushing him to hard
    - publicity stunt

Comment

It is a great story for the boy. The reason why no one has responded is yes too many negative people here and also only a few if any could just pack up and move to Spain so they feel a bit wonder if that could have been my kid if I was able to syndrome.

But great luck to that boy and whatever or however it turns out I am sure it will be an enriching life experience.

Comment

You mean to tell me that all these years the members of SAA Real Madrid weren't already part of the Real Madrid youth academy?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          It is a great story for the boy. The reason why no one has responded is yes too many negative people here and also only a few if any could just pack up and move to Spain so they feel a bit wonder if that could have been my kid if I was able to syndrome.

But great luck to that boy and whatever or however it turns out I am sure it will be an enriching life experience.
          No one can pack up and move to spain and everyone could pack up and move to spain. It's all about the will to do so. Thats all life is anyway.

Comment

No one can pack up and move to spain and everyone could pack up and move to spain. It's all about the will to do so. Thats all life is anyway.
            Lame comment. There are small details like other children's needs and oh yeah. Jobs.
            Try getting a work permit in an EU nation being from USA. Never mind that nation is in a deep recession. Now if you well to do or work off a computer then no problem. For the rest of us it is not an option.

Comment

man on the moon and obama a 2 term president but going to spain is impossible? it wouldn't be easy but doable. 13 million mexicans figured out how to stay in america somehow. tell me , are they more determined than you or just smarter?

Comment

Half brains and trolls should be banned from responding.

man on the moon and obama a 2 term president but going to spain is impossible? it wouldn't be easy but doable. 13 million mexicans figured out how to stay in america somehow. tell me , are they more determined than you or just smarter?
                The Mexicans can get free housing, food stamps, welfare, free health coverage, free higher education.

The Mexicans can also get hired to work.

As for Spain there are lots of road blocks to obtaining work. I just posted number 3 from a list.

-3-

Applicants for work or residence permits must also provide proof of medical insurance. American citizens must bear in mind that it is extremely difficult to find a Spanish insurance company that covers non-residents. Additional insurance that has coverage overseas may be required until the actual residence/work permit is approved.

Visas for student permits require documents demonstrating a school in Spain has accepted and enrolled the interested party. The Embassy observes that many American students not enrolled in a full-time study program or official study centre, were denied student permits.

Spanish authorities will issue a work permit only if it is demonstrated that there are no qualified European Union citizens available to fill the position. Temporary work permits are available for artists, professors or other skilled personnel to perform temporary jobs. These temporary work permits cannot be extended.

The law establishes severe penalties for those working or staying illegally in Spain. The Spanish government may deport any foreigner found living or working in Spain with out a proper permit. It may also detain such a person pending deportation orders from the office of the Civil Governor.

The foreigner is entitled by Spanish law to appeal the expulsion orders.

As a general rule, American companies operating in Spain employ Spanish nationals to the maximum extent possible. These companies employ very few Americans, usually executives. At the request of many of these firms, the Embassy does not make employment references. It is exceptionally rare for a company to seek the Embassy's help in finding an employee. Companies seeking employees often place advertisements in the publications listed on the General Info page.

Comment

It's common knowledge we take anyone in here in the US and give them freebies and tons of opportunities but pretty much everywhere else tells us to screw off.

Comment

11-year-old prodigy becomes first American to join Real Madrid academy

http://blog.foxsoccer.com/post/57270...n-to-join-real

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X