Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Does it make you feel better saying this? I watched a number of D1 and D3 games. Obv D1 is going to be better overall. But to try and demean D3 players and their teams in the NCAA semi’s is just being a plain old d*ck.
    Here we have a perfect example of a modern-day snowflake. Offer an opinion different from theirs and it automatically makes you a bad person and means you are mocking them or something personal to them.

I ran my original response through the Snowflake editing machine and here is something that you may like better.:

I think it is fabulous that Tufts and Amherst are in the finals of D3 soccer. I know the original poster claimed that they would fare well even in division 1 and even though I have seen many Division 1 games I will reassess my opinion that Tufts would get crushed because I do not want to disagree with the very very nice person who started this thread nor do I even want to remotely chance the possibility of offending a Tufts player. After all the only important thing about a game even if it took place was that all the players got along well and played nice with each other. Personally I would like scoreboards and scoring done away with in soccer matches. And I really don't even understand why they have different divisions in soccer. The whole thing to me just reeks of blatant racism and sexism. I go so far as to say I think a good girls college team could compete with most men's teams but we'll leave that subject for another day, lol.

Have a great day everybody and I apologize if I even inadvertently offended anyone. I've got sugar cookies in the oven and they're just about done so I got to go. Cheers!

Comment

I dont think the tufts poster is the snowflake in this conversation. You seem unable to accept that some d3s are capable of recruiting strong talent that would prefer to skip playing d1 for a chance to attend tufts or the like.

Comment

I dont think the tufts poster is the snowflake in this conversation. You seem unable to accept that some d3s are capable of recruiting strong talent that would prefer to skip playing d1 for a chance to attend tufts or the like.
        Of course this is true. The top D3 programs have 7-8 players that could have gone D1. Aside from academics, it’s much more likely a better college experience. Delusional bench D1 daddies don’t like that but so what?

Comment

I wish we could afford Tufts or Amherst. Amherst is one of the college my kid was interested in, until we ran the calculations for estimated financial contribution. Amherst is around $80k currently. She will play D1, but not because it is better soccer. It is purely a money thing...

Comment

I wish we could afford Tufts or Amherst. Amherst is one of the college my kid was interested in, until we ran the calculations for estimated financial contribution. Amherst is around $80k currently. She will play D1, but not because it is better soccer. It is purely a money thing...
            That is great and sounds like a smart decision. But is supports the argument that if money were no object, she might be a D1 players choosing to play d3.

Comment

That is great and sounds like a smart decision. But is supports the argument that if money were no object, she might be a D1 players choosing to play d3.
              The existence of Ivies blow this theory out of the water.

Comment

So the thread should have stopped after the initial post? No one is allowed to offer a different opinion based on what their eyes and experience tell them? And if they do it means they are automatically demeaning players and should be labeled a d!ck?

You snowflakes stick together.

Comment

Why would I lie about this? My HS senior son got offers from D2 schools and had interest from a D1 school. He has pretty much made up his mind to go to a D3 school for academic reasons. The soccer fan in me wanted him to try D1 . But as I step back and look at his choice, I am very proud of him as what is going to happen after college should be the priority.

Also, you are an ignorant A hole.
                  BTNT, you are so stupid for thinking others are that stupid. Anyone sending a kid D3 wouldn't be tuning in to a high level D3 game for the first time...or suddenly having a hot take opinion. And there was nothing in the post to give cause to call anyone an A hole either. Poor execution this time buddy.

Comment

D1 athletes with Williams grades go Ivy. D3 Athletes with same grades put NESCAC stickers on their car

Comment

Run along and watch your D1 soccer games full of all that affluent talent that turned down Williams and Tufts to play.

Comment

D1 athletes with Williams grades go Ivy. D3 Athletes with same grades put NESCAC stickers on their car
                        Many kids with ivy and Williams grades dont get into ivies and Williams or cannot afford them. There are more qualified students and athletes then spots. If you pay attention at all, you know valedictorian athletic studs that got rejected from ivy league schools.

Comment

Here we have a perfect example of a modern-day snowflake. Offer an opinion different from theirs and it automatically makes you a bad person and means you are mocking them or something personal to them.

I ran my original response through the Snowflake editing machine and here is something that you may like better.:

I think it is fabulous that Tufts and Amherst are in the finals of D3 soccer. I know the original poster claimed that they would fare well even in division 1 and even though I have seen many Division 1 games I will reassess my opinion that Tufts would get crushed because I do not want to disagree with the very very nice person who started this thread nor do I even want to remotely chance the possibility of offending a Tufts player. After all the only important thing about a game even if it took place was that all the players got along well and played nice with each other. Personally I would like scoreboards and scoring done away with in soccer matches. And I really don't even understand why they have different divisions in soccer. The whole thing to me just reeks of blatant racism and sexism. I go so far as to say I think a good girls college team could compete with most men's teams but we'll leave that subject for another day, lol.

Have a great day everybody and I apologize if I even inadvertently offended anyone. I've got sugar cookies in the oven and they're just about done so I got to go. Cheers!
                          This has nothing to do with being a snowflake. You’re just a jerk that can’t believe that D3 might actually have good and very good teams. Must suck to be you.

Comment

Many kids with ivy and Williams grades dont get into ivies and Williams or cannot afford them. There are more qualified students and athletes then spots. If you pay attention at all, you know valedictorian athletic studs that got rejected from ivy league schools.
                            They may have been valedictorians, but obviously they weren’t athletic studs.

Not being able to afford them is a real issue - especially for suburban families with death zone AGI ($150k - $300k) - but that applies equally to Ivies and NESCAC. So brings me back to original post, is they could afford Tufts, Williams Amherst, and can get in to those schools, they would have gone Ivy if they were true D1 athletes.

Comment

They may have been valedictorians, but obviously they weren’t athletic studs.

Not being able to afford them is a real issue - especially for suburban families with death zone AGI ($150k - $300k) - but that applies equally to Ivies and NESCAC. So brings me back to original post, is they could afford Tufts, Williams Amherst, and can get in to those schools, they would have gone Ivy if they were true D1 athletes.
                              Many, many soccer families will fall into that death zone, even worse if you're just applying for regular FA basically for families under $50K or s). Families in high cost of living areas get screwed worse/. You need a high income to live in these parts and that isn't taken into account

Comment

It is sad and funny to watch BTNT make a fool of himself day after day after day.

He really thinks his Trump card is the Ivies and other elite academic D1s. It's inconceivable to him that anyone, much less soccer players, would ever choose a D3 over a D1 institution. And so what if D1 players generally or usually are better. Like duh. Like who cares.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X