Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zlatan on football in the US

Zlatan on football in the US: "The sport is expensive, very expensive. For example, in order for my children to play in a good football team, I have to pay $ 3,500 per child. It is not for the figure, but for the whole concept. I dislike it very much because not everyone has the money needed and the sport should be something for everyone, because it unites people of whatever origin.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Zlatan on football in the US: "The sport is expensive, very expensive. For example, in order for my children to play in a good football team, I have to pay $ 3,500 per child. It is not for the figure, but for the whole concept. I dislike it very much because not everyone has the money needed and the sport should be something for everyone, because it unites people of whatever origin.
    Of course, everyone know this. Just cause the Zlantan observes it doesn’t make it any better.

What he should also follow up his comment with is...

“It’s a shame that futball in America doesn’t enjoy the same popularity and financial success that American Football, the NBA, and NCAA Football enjoy. If Professional futball in the US had that kind of money, certainly there would be financial incentive for Clubs and academies to invest in discovering and developing youth players.”

Comment

Wow! He didn’t pay much

Comment

Wow! He didn’t pay much
        Good one.

Comment

And herein lies the reason why the US men will never be as good as the best in the world.

The women are the best in spite of the system here. The only reason they're the best is because in much of the world women are not encouraged to play and are suppressed. As that changes, there will be more parity on the women's side. Actually it's already starting.

Comment

The problem isn’t cost, it’s culture. Until you can find a soccer field in every town like you do in even the poorest of towns in Europe. Parents who get their kids out of the house, off video games, and out playing. And have soccer be part of life like it is elsewhere, the US will still suck

Comment

The problem isn’t cost, it’s culture. Until you can find a soccer field in every town like you do in even the poorest of towns in Europe. Parents who get their kids out of the house, off video games, and out playing. And have soccer be part of life like it is elsewhere, the US will still suck
              truth

Comment

Zlatan has kids playing youth soccer. And that explains why he left the US.

Comment

you can travel the entire united states and you will find fields or courts in every city and town.

Comment

you can travel the entire united states and you will find fields or courts in every city and town.
                    but there are empty unless someone has leased them and the helocopter parents are there over seeing ever move their child makes

Comment

this is so true. most euro parents of pros just let their kids play in the local parks for free. never structured anything.

Comment

Zlatan said, american youth football coaches is like fiat manufacture and fiat manufacture does not produce ferraris.

Comment

Since when does America take the advise of a snobby foreigner?

Comment

Since when does America take the advise of a snobby foreigner?
                            Since us american are sons and daughter of foreigner. Are have you forgot?

Comment

The problem is very much cost. In addition to culture.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X