X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    DA is for for NTs - dumarse
    Silly me. I guess it is a worthwhile sacrifice for all those NT call ups.

Comment

You miss a couple of days , so wat - you do t get the perfect attendance ribbon at the end of the year- ain’t going to prevent you from getting into any of the ivy leagues -

Your kid will be fine

Complain on
      I know this poster is mocking the thread but the only schools that actually matter in terms of post graduate employment minus a law or medical degree are Ivy League schools

All others including graduating top of your class don’t really matter in the income you will earn the five years after getting your degree - look it up world news and reports article dated 2018

So missing a couple of days doesn’t actually matter

Comment

You miss a couple of days , so wat - you do t get the perfect attendance ribbon at the end of the year- ain’t going to prevent you from getting into any of the ivy leagues -

Your kid will be fine

Complain on
        My kid will be more then fine but i dont want her thinking missing school for soccer is a solid choice. It is a false choice and the league would be more desirable to more top players if they did something to address the problems.

Comment

DA is for for NTs - dumarse

Maybe for youth teams. Look at where the NT players hail from....pro teams, either domestic or international, and a handful of college players.

Comment

Agree. At many HSs missing a full day is significant. Not all HS are wasting half the instructional time available or even close to it. Find a better high school.
            Typical day has how much slop time between classes? How much time for lunch? How many teachers on any given day waste 1/3 of the class time with....whatever minutia it is that day? Worse yet...how many just mail it in and turn the kids loose with some learn on your own busy work assignment?

Yea...I’m sorry....half the day maybe a minor exaggeration, but guarantee it’s not far off at MOST schools.

I’m sure all the posters here have their little star pupils at the best HS in the state, though, so this obviously doesn’t apply to your prodigy.

Comment

Typical day has how much slop time between classes? How much time for lunch? How many teachers on any given day waste 1/3 of the class time with....whatever minutia it is that day? Worse yet...how many just mail it in and turn the kids loose with some learn on your own busy work assignment?

Yea...I’m sorry....half the day maybe a minor exaggeration, but guarantee it’s not far off at MOST schools.

I’m sure all the posters here have their little star pupils at the best HS in the state, though, so this obviously doesn’t apply to your prodigy.
              Well if it applies to your prodigy, maybe you could get off your ass and find her a better school.

Comment

Well if it applies to your prodigy, maybe you could get off your ass and find her a better school.
                Why?

She’s crushing school. Excelling. She killed her SAT and ACT. She will have her pick of several top colleges. And by top....I mean top 10-15 national academic schools.

It’s not because her HS is some “can’t miss a day because it’s such an amazing learning institution.” It’s because she’s smart, dedicated, self motivated, and gets stuff done on her own.

But, hey...what do I know? Keep that perfect attendance, I guess.

Comment

Why?

She’s crushing school. Excelling. She killed her SAT and ACT. She will have her pick of several top colleges. And by top....I mean top 10-15 national academic schools.

It’s not because her HS is some “can’t miss a day because it’s such an amazing learning institution.” It’s because she’s smart, dedicated, self motivated, and gets stuff done on her own.

But, hey...what do I know? Keep that perfect attendance, I guess.
                  They spend four years of their life in HS that they do not get back. If your kid's teachers are just dialing it in, I think you could try to do better for her time spent to be more valuable at school. Teaching quality is the only important factor IMO period. Suit yourself.

Comment

They spend four years of their life in HS that they do not get back. If your kid's teachers are just dialing it in, I think you could try to do better for her time spent to be more valuable at school. Teaching quality is the only important factor IMO period. Suit yourself.
                    She had a great 4 years and learned a lot. Great social experience and sports experience. Different situations allow for different kind of learning and development.

For example...her AP Physics teacher was terrible. Like...she could barely solve the class example problems on her own without constantly referencing the answer book...terrible. Actual teaching was almost non existent. My daughter learned to overcome that and self taught most of the course through you tube, a little family help, and online math labs. Very valuable lesson and skill IMO. 5 on the AP test.

She’s at a great HS overall. I’m just not blind to what goes on in most schools. None of them are perfect. Should I have spent 35-40k a year to send her to some super star private HS. Maybe, but I doubt it would have been a much better experience. And quiet honestly, I’m happy to have that money since I’ll be spending likely 65-75 a year for her at college. Hopefully, it will be less, but doubtful since the schools she’s interested in are need based aid only, unfortunately.

Comment

Where the money is

Your kid will be fine

Complain on
                      There is a WHOLE lot more money in academic scholarships.....I guess if your kid is dumb then the athletic ones will be something.

Comment

She had a great 4 years and learned a lot. Great social experience and sports experience. Different situations allow for different kind of learning and development.

For example...her AP Physics teacher was terrible. Like...she could barely solve the class example problems on her own without constantly referencing the answer book...terrible. Actual teaching was almost non existent. My daughter learned to overcome that and self taught most of the course through you tube, a little family help, and online math labs. Very valuable lesson and skill IMO. 5 on the AP test.

She’s at a great HS overall. I’m just not blind to what goes on in most schools. None of them are perfect. Should I have spent 35-40k a year to send her to some super star private HS. Maybe, but I doubt it would have been a much better experience. And quiet honestly, I’m happy to have that money since I’ll be spending likely 65-75 a year for her at college. Hopefully, it will be less, but doubtful since the schools she’s interested in are need based aid only, unfortunately.
                        And if a pile of unexcused absences(as that is what they are, vacation is not excused) result in 0's for Exams and a GPA drop, how would that work out on college apps?

Comment

These answers are all from club personal. They claim, kid can work hard and make up school work without going to school. They claim you don't have to send your kids to good school to do well. Stop fooling yourself. All the answer are design to justify being absent from school and believing in there ecnl program.

Comment

These answers are all from club personal. They claim, kid can work hard and make up school work without going to school. They claim you don't have to send your kids to good school to do well. Stop fooling yourself. All the answer are design to justify being absent from school and believing in there ecnl program.
                            agree, but don't limit to ecnl, da has the same justification

Comment

How will the Florida teams fair?

How many college coaches are scouting them? Any big time programs?

How do the coaches balance the competitive aspect of the game vs. getting everyone playing time in the showcase environment?

Are USSF scouts at the games?
                              Competitive, are you joking. Some team are going there with a losing record, to play teams that already beat them twice.

Comment

A partial scholarship for my kid works out to roughly 100k. Paying 30% instead of 100% is a pretty nice scam.
                                Does that 100k consist of athletic AND academic money? Or just athletic? Just curious.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X