X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECNL Girls Showcase South Carolina

How will the Florida teams fair?

How many college coaches are scouting them? Any big time programs?

How do the coaches balance the competitive aspect of the game vs. getting everyone playing time in the showcase environment?

Are USSF scouts at the games?

There are a lot of coaches registered to attend and some from pretty big programs. Here's the list:

https://tgs.totalglobalsports.com/pu....aspx?eid=1466

There will probably be more than what are registered.

National team coaches do attend these events. Whether they like to admit it or not, on a national basis there are still a greater number of talented players in the ECNL vs the GDA.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      There are a lot of coaches registered to attend and some from pretty big programs. Here's the list:

https://tgs.totalglobalsports.com/pu....aspx?eid=1466

There will probably be more than what are registered.

National team coaches do attend these events. Whether they like to admit it or not, on a national basis there are still a greater number of talented players in the ECNL vs the GDA.
      Being at the event and being at the actual games of the Florida clubs is a different story, so that’s what I want to hear about. Thanks.

Comment

Being at the event and being at the actual games of the Florida clubs is a different story, so that’s what I want to hear about. Thanks.
        You're not going to hear about that here. If your kid has reached out to coaches and did the work on her end, there's a good chance that the coaches she wants to be at her event will be there. Coaches usually just don't go to random games unless they're at a nearby field and see someone that piques their interest.

Comment

How do families handle the school absences required for these showcases? We have a game scheduled on a school day so my player had to inform her teachers she would be out and why. Was fine with some and did not go over very well with others.

Do most players just claim "illness" or just suffer the consequences of missing school for sports?

Comment

How do families handle the school absences required for these showcases? We have a game scheduled on a school day so my player had to inform her teachers she would be out and why. Was fine with some and did not go over very well with others.

Do most players just claim "illness" or just suffer the consequences of missing school for sports?
            No teacher that is a good teacher likes it when students miss school. Claiming an illness or lying about why the student is missing school isn't a good idea. A collegiate athlete wouldn't lie about why they're missing, would they? Just be honest with the teacher and state why there's a need to miss. Ask what is going to be covered and what, if anything, can be done when away. Teachers like it when a student asks if there is anything that they can do on their own when missing class. Often there isn't a substitute for a missed lesson, though.

This is common with collegiate athletes. It's good to get practice at doing it when in high school. This isn't that hard.

Comment

These sporting events should not be scheduled for school days. Sends the wrong message to the kids and upsets your paying parents. Please stop scheduling your events for while school is in session. That is what the weekends are for.

Comment

Ecnl is a scam. Player have to reach out to coaches. Paying anywhere between 5 to 10 thousand a year for the past 7 year. You may get a partial scholarship.

Comment

Coaches rarely show up to just watch a game. They will go see the players that are sending video and updating them with the schedule and showing interest. The showcase is a good avenue to get a lot of players that a school may be interested in all in one location.

Comment

Ecnl is a scam. Player have to reach out to coaches. Paying anywhere between 5 to 10 thousand a year for the past 7 year. You may get a partial scholarship.
                    That ship has sailed. Youth soccer , be it ecnl or gda, is monetized to the hilt. But can it please not encroach on school? The gda is even worse - some of those showcase requires missing several days of school - that is really difficult to do in high school and sends a terrible message to the students.

Comment

These sporting events should not be scheduled for school days. Sends the wrong message to the kids and upsets your paying parents. Please stop scheduling your events for while school is in session. That is what the weekends are for.
                      I agree and think that for the most part the events are scheduled to minimize absences from school. A few absences are unavoidable. As a previous poster mentioned, if a kid wants to play in college there will be some instances of missing classes. Learning how to manage that and making good use of time is a valuable skill for student-athletes.

My oldest is now a junior in college. She played ECNL and did need to miss some school but the total amount missed was not a lot - perhaps 3-4 days per year. There were kids that missed more but she would do things like fly out later when playing in the West. Missing only half of the day instead of the full day on the days of bus trips for regular conference games, etc. There are things that the kid can do to minimize the absences.

Comment

That ship has sailed. Youth soccer , be it ecnl or gda, is monetized to the hilt. But can it please not encroach on school? The gda is even worse - some of those showcase requires missing several days of school - that is really difficult to do in high school and sends a terrible message to the students.
                        My player is srong but could really not even consider gda sue to this issue regardless of the HS play issue.

Comment

I agree and think that for the most part the events are scheduled to minimize absences from school. A few absences are unavoidable. As a previous poster mentioned, if a kid wants to play in college there will be some instances of missing classes. Learning how to manage that and making good use of time is a valuable skill for student-athletes.

My oldest is now a junior in college. She played ECNL and did need to miss some school but the total amount missed was not a lot - perhaps 3-4 days per year. There were kids that missed more but she would do things like fly out later when playing in the West. Missing only half of the day instead of the full day on the days of bus trips for regular conference games, etc. There are things that the kid can do to minimize the absences.
                          But i really resent the conflict it sets up for the kids. I am telling my student that academics are absolutely the first priority and then these soccer programs come along and blow that up even though they claim to be supportive of academics.

Do not appreciate it at all and my player is very capable and absolutely belongs at this level of play. Sure we could just refuse to miss the school and show up late to the showcase but that does not work on a team sport. I also want to sent the message of being a team player.

I am fine with missing school for illness, or personal family needs, or visiting colleges at the direction of the students parents. n if it is at the Don't like it being imposed by sports activities. Just get rid of this unnecessary conflict.

Comment

The real question is, why are the parents complaining? The parent knew kid were going to miss school at the beginning of the season.

Comment

The real question is, why are the parents complaining? The parent knew kid were going to miss school at the beginning of the season.
                              Yes - that is why ecnl was better then gda. But I can still choose ecnla and be critical of this problem. We are not doormats that just accept solvable problems with no effort to fix them.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X