Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    JD doesn't double or triple team anyone. This isn't High school. I would have liked to see him game plan more, or make adjustments, but it was rarely done. I think that is also an important part of a players development, learning how to solve problems.
    Yes it is, but during the development you need to help out by putting the correct personnel out there, in the correct positions and also giving feedback from the sidelines to help correct. Because it IS development.

I see so many bad habits in college that should have been corrected in club (including stars). For instance, watch kids eye the ball as it goes over their head before moving to it; not getting to the position to receive it once it is hit. Don't even get into kids that just head a ball instead of receiving/settling it. Correctly receiving it (without it bouncing 10 yards back off their foot). This isn't them solving a problem. This is correcting a bad habit.
    And, it's not done.

Comment

Jason doesn't coach this team and most of the commits are to teams ranked in lower ranked D1.
      Is it his club? Then he should have input on how they are developed no matter where the commits are attending. He has an obligation to oversee the development; the correct development. That doesn't happen.

Comment

I think you misinterpreted what I posted. I was talking specifically about these two teams and their level of play: FC Stars ECNL and SSS DA

I do coach, and the way parents talk, they expect older teams to be better just because they are older. At this age (16/17) and level of play, all these girls are physically developed and athletic. Technical skills for this level are already at a certain level, and not much different between the two age groups. That leaves tactical, your "Soccer IQ". Cognitive development between a 15/16 and 16/17 yo girl at this level of play is not likely a significant factor. Coaches running sessions and developing a style of play at this level are all running similar training sessions and topics.

Bottom line, parents and posters getting worked up because a slightly older team couldn't score on a slightly younger team at this level of play and age for girls is sort of ridiculous. As to your assessment, no, not all soccer players are created equal. There is a huge drop off between the levels of play as opposed to the ages. Band the teams together based on level of play and you will still see close games regardless of age. Band the teams together based on age, and level of play will win out 9 times out of 10 from U15 up for girls.
        They are too wrapped up in wins up here.

And I disagree with your assessment about sessions and style of play (some kids don't understand even the basics of how to play; triangles vs long ball, dribble with the ball 4 feet ahead instead of very close with ball control, etc.).

Maybe because you coach up here you are used to it and don't see the lack of development.

I'm from the mid-atlantic area (lower NY, MD, NJ, PA, MD, VA, lower NY). They coach differently and it shows as that is a hot bed of recruitment and actual college playing time on top teams.

Comment

Yes it is, but during the development you need to help out by putting the correct personnel out there, in the correct positions and also giving feedback from the sidelines to help correct. Because it IS development.

I see so many bad habits in college that should have been corrected in club (including stars). For instance, watch kids eye the ball as it goes over their head before moving to it; not getting to the position to receive it once it is hit. Don't even get into kids that just head a ball instead of receiving/settling it. Correctly receiving it (without it bouncing 10 yards back off their foot). This isn't them solving a problem. This is correcting a bad habit.
          And, it's not done.
          This! I see it up here in college, too. Not development.

Comment

JB didn't double team ir triple team her.

QUOTE=Unregistered;2618040]JD doesn't double or triple team anyone. This isn't High school. I would have liked to see him game plan more, or make adjustments, but it was rarely done. I think that is also an important part of a players development, learning how to solve problems.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Just curious the highest level of play JB played at?

Not saying that is requirement for good coach, but the things he does seems to make me think he didn't play at high level.

Would expect that as DOC on such a great program.

Comment

Just curious the highest level of play JB played at?

Not saying that is requirement for good coach, but the things he does seems to make me think he didn't play at high level.

Would expect that as DOC on such a great program.
                I think it is safe to say there a rea not many fans of JB even amongst his own teams. Most girls feel he is a creep and very immature. Not sure why he is kept on.

Comment

All this so a mom could vent her frustrations with JB.

feel better now luv?

Comment

It is honestly dangerous for club the way JB interacts with girls.

Comment

It is honestly dangerous for club the way JB interacts with girls.
                      That should have been taken care of with the new US soccer social media policy.
                      That being said, that is a big accusation. Irresponsible to say on an anonymous forum.

Comment

That should have been taken care of with the new US soccer social media policy.
                        That being said, that is a big accusation. Irresponsible to say on an anonymous forum.
                        A lot of people don't like him but agree, irresponsible.

Comment

This thread has potential to be very entertaining and I am here for it.

Comment

Not accusing him of anything. Glad to hear there is a policy with rules and guidelines.

Comment

Heard we beat some really terrible teams!!

So great.

Comment

I get a kick out of the idea that some people find some of these posts more inappropriate than what this thread is about.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X