Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That being said I do think Messi’s athleticism could have translated to American football. He is quicker and faster than Wes Walker was.
    Wes Walker lol thats a name ! What about Rocket Isma he was fast !OR Christian Coleman THROUGH BALL HE GONE

Comment

Wes Walker lol thats a name ! What about Rocket Isma he was fast !OR Christian Coleman THROUGH BALL HE GONE
      Ok boomer I think he meant Wes Welker not walker

Comment

That was brilliant how you made an auto correct mistake into a stupid jab when you ignore the whole point. Real point is you are wrong. America has better athletes in other sports. If we don’t steal some of them for soccer the next generation will remain crappy.

Comment

The stupidity is the fact that you don’t realize that Lamar Jackson is both faster and quicker than Messi. If you never heard of him just say you don’t know. Don’t explain the definition and ignore that I was speaking of BOTH speed and quickness. Messi is really fast and super quick, Jackson is just faster and quicker as a world class athlete.
          How about giving us a few examples of players in the entire history of soccer quicker than Messi and more than 210 lbs.? Certainly there must be a lot of them because the rest of the entirety of the world doesn't even play professional football so all of their big men must have played soccer and some of them must have been more than 210 lb like Lamar Jackson and at the same time quicker than Messi.

...if you just don't know one just say it.

...but Lamar Jackson, yes, I've heard of him. Beat my 6 time world champ Patriots just a few weeks ago.

Comment

It’s not just him it’s almost every cornerback in the NFL and division 1 point guard in basketball. I am not talking about the rest of the world but American sports besides soccer.

Comment

It’s not just him it’s almost every cornerback in the NFL and division 1 point guard in basketball. I am not talking about the rest of the world but American sports besides soccer.
              But surely the rest of the world must have produced at least one player quicker than Messi, in all of history,who weighed more than 210 pounds like Lamar Jackson?

Or maybe there isn't. And maybe there's a reason. But again, please prove me wrong and name just one.

Comment

That is the point idiot. We are talking about speed and quickness of Americans not slow ass Europeans. Why is weight even relevant. It only is an example of how superior a large amount of our athletes have been. Deion Sanders, Mugsey Bogues, Barry Sanders, Walter Peyton, Reggie Bush, and countless others. Look at any SEC football roster and there are a few. Not sure your point. We are not selecting American soccer players from other countries.

Comment

That is the point idiot. We are talking about speed and quickness of Americans not slow ass Europeans. Why is weight even relevant. It only is an example of how superior a large amount of our athletes have been. Deion Sanders, Mugsey Bogues, Barry Sanders, Walter Peyton, Reggie Bush, and countless others. Look at any SEC football roster and there are a few. Not sure your point. We are not selecting American soccer players from other countries.
                  But our colleges and MLS teams are selecting players from other countries. 12+ years of BDA and that trend has only accelerated. We no longer qualify for international events we did before BDA. Yes there's been progress, but world soccer keeps progressing too. We're forever playing catch up. There are some talented younger players playing professionally and getting rid of the old squad would help improve the squad. But they also need better coaching and training as a team.

Comment

That was brilliant how you made an auto correct mistake into a stupid jab when you ignore the whole point. Real point is you are wrong. America has better athletes in other sports. If we don’t steal some of them for soccer the next generation will remain crappy.
                    yes, that is truly the point

Comment

yes, that is truly the point
                      It's a cultural thing. Basketball is played on streets everywhere here.

Comment

So is soccer around the world. The countries with street soccer produce the best players. We can steal that formula but refuse to.

Comment

Give me ten 5'7" Lionel Messi's and Jan Oblak in goal and we will shred your team to pieces
                          You won't be able to defend anyone.

Comment

Ok boomer I think he meant Wes Welker not walker
                            Liberal Douche.

Comment

So is soccer around the world. The countries with street soccer produce the best players. We can steal that formula but refuse to.
                              We can't magically create a culture that doesn't exist. The top three sports are simply more popular here and more kids aspire to play those, not soccer. their friends and families watch those sports, not soccer. Those sports pay a lot more too. We also don't have the club infrastructure to support a vast free or super-cheap network to give kids a chance. Soccer is largely pay to play here. If you're luck and good enough to get a scholly at a club then eventually make it to a free MLS club, you've already defied the odds.

Comment

Every sport’s culture is created. There was a time when all those sports were small. It takes investment and vision. This defeatist attitude ensures nothing will change. UFC was **** years ago and now it’s as big as boxing despite the fact that most wrestling programs were cut around the country.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X