Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Saved/saving my $ for better soccer at the older ages, when it matters. Never went to Disney, never will.
    Your intention are good. Right now my child enjoy playing competitive soocer. When my kid get older the kid my not want to play anymore. Kids change there mind all the time. I am glad you are saving your money for the older years when soccer is more important. You will still end up at a tournament
    that is over price, playing on a club that is overprice. Spin the situation however you like.

Comment

It’s funny how all these people complain about how WE spend our money. Yes save all yours and when your kid gets older and decides he wants to play they’ll get to pay against our kids who have been playing for over 10 years..together in formed teams ...good luck then...Disney showcase is great and if we want to go there guess what we can...HATERs gonna hate no matter what...

Comment

Your intention are good. Right now my child enjoy playing competitive soocer. When my kid get older the kid my not want to play anymore. Kids change there mind all the time. I am glad you are saving your money for the older years when soccer is more important. You will still end up at a tournament
        that is over price, playing on a club that is overprice. Spin the situation however you like.
        Look if Disney is local for you or you can crash at someone's place, go ahead. But Disney it not what it used to be, especially by U14 at the latest. Most of the better teams and players are in the top leagues and not going to Disney. Find a good local coach, see where your kid goes in the nest few years. Chances are high they won't even be playing by high school.

There's a reason the Mouse does youth sporting events - it's a money machine for them.

- an old timer thankfully almost done with this circus

Comment

It’s funny how all these people complain about how WE spend our money. Yes save all yours and when your kid gets older and decides he wants to play they’ll get to pay against our kids who have been playing for over 10 years..together in formed teams ...good luck then...Disney showcase is great and if we want to go there guess what we can...HATERs gonna hate no matter what...
          Best advice is to embrace it. We've been there before and will be there this year. If you want to complain about the entry fee and the parking go ahead and be miserable. If you want to have a fun experience with your kid over the Thanksgiving week just pay it and have fun with it regardless of the scores. My guess is 2 Fl teams make it to the final 4 and hopefully one of them can win it.

Comment

Best advice is to embrace it. We've been there before and will be there this year. If you want to complain about the entry fee and the parking go ahead and be miserable. If you want to have a fun experience with your kid over the Thanksgiving week just pay it and have fun with it regardless of the scores. My guess is 2 Fl teams make it to the final 4 and hopefully one of them can win it.
            Well stated. The haters are likely Armada parents/coaches. They harbor a lot of negative energy.

Comment

If your kid is still playing in 10 years with the same group together on their “formed team” then good luck. No chance in hell that team is any good.

Comment

https://events.gotsport.com/events/r...r=Girls&Age=12

Will a florida team win or a team from out of state?
                Richmond will win bracket a, EDA will win bracket b, bracket c will be Chelsea and FESA.

It doesn't appear that a FL team will win this.

Comment

If your kid is still playing in 10 years with the same group together on their “formed team” then good luck. No chance in hell that team is any good.
                  The poster who said that has some fuzzy math - they're 11 years old, hence, playing together 10 years prior or moving forward would be impossible. A team that can even retain 50% of it's U12 players by U18 is an outlier. Some will move up to top level teams, some stop playing or still move to other teams. By HS many teams have collapsed altogether.

Comment

Richmond will win bracket a, EDA will win bracket b, bracket c will be Chelsea and FESA.

It doesn't appear that a FL team will win this.
                    It look like WFF will win the tournament. Best talent and development

Comment

It look like WFF will win the tournament. Best talent and development
                      WFF are in the group of death. They might not win a single game.

Comment

The poster who said that has some fuzzy math - they're 11 years old, hence, playing together 10 years prior or moving forward would be impossible. A team that can even retain 50% of it's U12 players by U18 is an outlier. Some will move up to top level teams, some stop playing or still move to other teams. By HS many teams have collapsed altogether.
                        No fuzzy math, just using a number for an example...if you’re kids start playing at 6 or 7 years old...potentially can be in a club for 10 years...yes players will come and go, my point was if the haters don’t let their kids join until they are 16 or older, by then all the other kids have more years of experience with a club/competitive soccer. Good luck then. I hear parents all the time in REC oh my kids team is the greatest they are undefeated....lol... they have no clue as competitive soccer is a while different world level.

Comment

No fuzzy math, just using a number for an example...if you’re kids start playing at 6 or 7 years old...potentially can be in a club for 10 years...yes players will come and go, my point was if the haters don’t let their kids join until they are 16 or older, by then all the other kids have more years of experience with a club/competitive soccer. Good luck then. I hear parents all the time in REC oh my kids team is the greatest they are undefeated....lol... they have no clue as competitive soccer is a while different world level.
                          Players going to the disney tournament have no idea that there is a whole other level of soccer that would pound those disney teams.

Comment

Agreed I would say most parents have no idea about all the levels of soccer... I don’t think most clubs do either! If you ask me it’s a huge confusing mess.. it all makes no sense. I think if it were all streamlined and made somewhat uniform across all regions it might help US soccer overall...

Comment

Yep, by the time my son was a U18, he was playing with only two other kids from his U12 squad. That's pretty normal.

Comment

Yep, by the time my son was a U18, he was playing with only two other kids from his U12 squad. That's pretty normal.
                                It is...

Once kids get to high school age they start to figure out what they want and what is important to them. Playing soccer in college my not be the dream anymore, they may fall in love with another sport, academics become a bigger priority. Essentially, club soccer becomes less and less important. It's great seeing these kids find what they really want to do.

I have seen it with my daughter's former team. They started playing together as u12s and through u15 that team saw zero turnover. Then slowly over the next few years more and more girls left the program. Some just wanted to play high school, others became involved in other activities, some got jobs...it is just part of growing up.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X