Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That's interesting. So let me ask, you are concerned about the US making the Gold Cup? If you are that's concerning considering they are the host nation, which gives them an automatic bid regardless of their results. That's not to say there shouldn't be a general concern that they need to get their crap together, because they do. But the Canadian game was insignificant and not a reflection on the state of US Soccer.
    No such thing as insignificant in int’l matches

Comment

Maybe it is time to replace Bradley in the midfield. Or at least sub out the old man in the second half

Comment

Or, let the women’s national team play instead of the men. Let Rapinoe show how much she is worth.

Comment

That's interesting. So let me ask, you are concerned about the US making the Gold Cup? If you are that's concerning considering they are the host nation, which gives them an automatic bid regardless of their results. That's not to say there shouldn't be a general concern that they need to get their crap together, because they do. But the Canadian game was insignificant and not a reflection on the state of US Soccer.
          My concern is they can’t beat teams they should beat. Friendly or not, every game counts. You don’t perform lousy in certain games and rest on the fact you are the host country if you want to actually do well all the way to the WC. And it is a reflection on US Soccer. Every time they put on the national team uniform and step on the field to represent our country, it counts.

Comment

The US team isn't good enough to not care about all the games they play. They are not on that level where loosing to a team they should beat is okay. They have to learn how to win every game to prove they can compete with other countries.
            One thing also let's please not talk about the younger players coming up and how good they can be. I've herd that a bunch of times before where these players are going to bring the US to compete with the rest of the world hasn't happened yet not sure it will. I hope it does but unfortunately with US soccer you have to wait and see with out getting your hopes up.

Comment

The US team isn't good enough to not care about all the games they play. They are not on that level where loosing to a team they should beat is okay. They have to learn how to win every game to prove they can compete with other countries.
              One thing also let's please not talk about the younger players coming up and how good they can be. I've herd that a bunch of times before where these players are going to bring the US to compete with the rest of the world hasn't happened yet not sure it will. I hope it does but unfortunately with US soccer you have to wait and see with out getting your hopes up.
              I still don't understand how they are not good? Since January they have lost 3 games (2 to Mexico and 1 to Canada in Canada w/out their best players). So why is that we all go right to the world is on fire mentality. Nnnnoooooowwww if we wanted to discuss how the coach really got his job and whether he is qualified going forward, then we have a discussion, but to state that this is a poor product or a reflection on the current youth system then I strongly disagree.

Comment

I still don't understand how they are not good? Since January they have lost 3 games (2 to Mexico and 1 to Canada in Canada w/out their best players). So why is that we all go right to the world is on fire mentality. Nnnnoooooowwww if we wanted to discuss how the coach really got his job and whether he is qualified going forward, then we have a discussion, but to state that this is a poor product or a reflection on the current youth system then I strongly disagree.
                They also lost to Jamaica and Venezuela and tied with Chile and Uruguay this year. And the teams they beat are weak. A country like the US with the amount of talent and resources we have should not be struggling with teams in our own backyard that have relatively little. And I disagree that our youth system hasn’t failed us. We consistently need to look to Americans living or playing abroad for talent to put on USMNT and MLS rosters when thousands of kids are coming up thru our youth system here.

Comment

What’s your favorite koolaid flavor?

Comment

Maybe it is time to replace Bradley in the midfield. Or at least sub out the old man in the second half
                    Bradley should not be on the field again for the National team. He will be 35 at the next World Cup. Time to move on

Comment

Or, let the women’s national team play instead of the men. Let Rapinoe show how much she is worth.
                      That’s a good one. Dumb comment she is a winger

Comment

Bradley should not be on the field again for the National team. He will be 35 at the next World Cup. Time to move on
                        Pulisic had a good run for Chelsea in Champions league.
                        20 minute game changer.
                        Wish him well.

Comment

Pulisic had a good run for Chelsea in Champions league.
                          20 minute game changer.
                          Wish him well.
                          Fantastic match today for the young man...well done

Comment

He is not that good. Chelsea make a big dumb mistake buying him. He cannot get into the starting 11 for the blues. I am laughing because this was predictible and to think you people thought he was Hazard.
                            Amazing insight....you must coach for NEFC.

Comment

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usn...%3fcontext=amp

Stewart said this because he is Gregg’s brother, Jay’s, ventriloquist dummy. You can almost picture Jay’s hand in his back making his mouth move. All this “not winning is are ok so long as we develop players” BS won’t keep them in their jobs if we fail to qualify for the next World Cup.

Comment

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usn...%3fcontext=amp

Stewart said this because he is Gregg’s brother, Jay’s, ventriloquist dummy. You can almost picture Jay’s hand in his back making his mouth move. All this “not winning is are ok so long as we develop players” BS won’t keep them in their jobs if we fail to qualify for the next World Cup.
                                This is excuse making at it's finest. Any coach knows technical development is the primary focus from Ulittle to U14. From U15-U18 the focus is tactical development, physical development and learning to compete to win. From U19 on, it's about winning.

Not for nothing, but Canada's team is mostly MLS and kicked our tails in the last match. Mexico's team is a combination of LigaMX and MLS and is much better than us currently. We have players playing for top teams in the Bundesliga and EPL and the rest are in MLS. What's our excuse for not performing again?

Jordan Morris's Seattle Sounders just won the MLS Championship. Why does he look so flat and unimpressive when playing for the USNT? Comes down to a lack of vision, poor selection of players, poor understanding of the strengths of our team and an overly complicated system of play. Fire Berhalter and get someone else who knows more and will play less complicated soccer. We're not a build-from-the-back-possession team. We're fast and athletic. Play simple, play to our strengths. Stop trying to play like the Europeans or South Americans, we don't have the technical or tactical foundations to do it better than the competition.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X