Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wait, I thought it was the '05 dad who gets your panties knotted up?

Either way, good to see this thread dissolving into yet another pi55ing contest.
    Wait. You mean there is more than one poster who thinks you're a tool and that SUSC has no business in DA (girls or boys)? Say it ain't so!

Comment

Wait. You mean there is more than one poster who thinks you're a tool and that SUSC has no business in DA (girls or boys)? Say it ain't so!
      And this concerns you how?

Comment

Somewhat true. Stars pulled out of DA for financial reasons due to their being on the board with ECNL. They also weren't fond of the monitoring/oversight/paperwork involved.

Funny, talking to some friends who play for Stars ECNL and they actually find playing for HS nothing more than a distraction. They like the club, like the coaching and have no desire to leave, but taking 3 months off for HS frankly stinks for them. I don't think that is a majority-opinion (have no way of knowing), but was surprised to here it from a few different people.

Seacoast will never compete with Stars on a personnel level and they never claim to.

Hmmm, well maybe those kids are on very weak HS teams? Or, aren't really into the social aspect of school soccer or whatever... but honestly, they can take 3 months off then or practice their "skills" and/or get a personal trainer to turn them into a little Mia or similar. No one is forcing anyone to do anything here...

Comment

Hmmm, well maybe those kids are on very weak HS teams? Or, aren't really into the social aspect of school soccer or whatever... but honestly, they can take 3 months off then or practice their "skills" and/or get a personal trainer to turn them into a little Mia or similar. No one is forcing anyone to do anything here...

I don't think the teams are that bad; D1 in NH and in the upper half.

You are correct, nobody is forcing them to do it. I think the social aspect, personally, is overblown. But, your are spot on.

Comment

I don't get the animosity of some people. Play where you want, for whom you want, when you want, and just enjoy the game.

Such a strange way to go through life. Being anonymous has it's perks, I guess.
            Says the poster who still uses Unregistered as their name... #hypocrisy

Comment

A few on that team being recruited by high D1's.
              Anyone who has watched that team knows there are not high D1s playing.

Getting recruited and getting offers are two different animals. I was recruited in HS for DI football by Maine, UNH, BU and Northeastern (they used to have football)... I played DII at New Haven because that's where the best offer and school option came from. I could say I was recruited by DI - does not mean a thing.

Comment

I don't think the teams are that bad; D1 in NH and in the upper half.

You are correct, nobody is forcing them to do it. I think the social aspect, personally, is overblown. But, your are spot on.
                You found ECNL parents who dislike HS. You think the social aspect is overblown. You will say virtually anything to support the decision you made for your D (yeah, yeah, it's her choice, sure) and it's pretty transparent.

Comment

No one should be surprised that 1) NE GDA is poor quality 2) SUSC probably shouldn't be in it.

All of it was predicted

Comment

You found ECNL parents who dislike HS. You think the social aspect is overblown. You will say virtually anything to support the decision you made for your D (yeah, yeah, it's her choice, sure) and it's pretty transparent.
                    Nope. Just that playing HS isn’t the carrot some make it out to be. But like someone mentioned-nobody is forcing them so can’t be all bad. They’re happy with their club which is all that matters.

Curmudgeon.

Comment

No one should be surprised that 1) NE GDA is poor quality 2) SUSC probably shouldn't be in it.

All of it was predicted
                      exactly! renaming the same group of girls 'DA" doesn't make them any better.

Comment

exactly! renaming the same group of girls 'DA" doesn't make them any better.
                        Correct -

I mean WOW - another stellar showing for the SUSC GDA program this weekend. Man all those high DI recruits are killing it for the NH based club. Between the 4 GDA teams this weekend they had 13 goals against and only 1 scored.

This program is aces mate!

Same players, different players, same coaches, new coaches... for the 2,397th time: New Hampshire does not have the depth of talent to compete in USA Soccer DA! Boys have never been competitive and the girls will not either.

Parents keep writing those checks and players keep drinking the Kool Aid. SUSC depends on it!

Comment

for the 2,397th time
                          Yep, at what point with your relentless yelling into the wilderness do you realize nobody is listening to you?

Making factually incorrect statements over and over doesn't eventually make it right. You work for CNN?

Comment

What are last year’s u17 DA girls doing for club soccer this year since Seacoast doesn’t have u18 girls DA?

Comment

What are last year’s u17 DA girls doing for club soccer this year since Seacoast doesn’t have u18 girls DA?
                              Same thing this years u17s will do next year too - NPL where they actually belong in the 1st place.

Comment

What's going on with the 04s? HS is overrated (according to their superfan) so I know that's not why they only had 9 of their own players. I know it's all in the name of development, but jeez. Probably was a lot more fun winning in NPL than embarrassing yourself with own goals in GDA. Sad what the parents will put those kids through so they can tell everyone how elite their kid is.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X