Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    When all organizations from soccer with evidence from parents and players decide to keep a bad coach, it is an example that coaches are not afraid of that behavior because of no consequences. Safe Sport, FYSA, US Soccer Da all organizations had several and formal complaints and did nothing.
    Parents need to protect children from abusive adults. Doesn’t matter if it’s your team or not, you need to address it. If the DOC was there and thinks it’s okay, they should both be fired. I’d contact the board, and if that fails, go to The Rush national office. This coach could do permanent psychological damage to these girls.

Comment

snowflakes

Comment

snowflakes
        You're right. A 10 year old girl should be threatened with watching her teammates be pushed so hard physically that they literally throw up from exhaustion. She should be threatened with causing this to happen, and being made to watch this torture, after the team is made aware that it is her fault.

You, and this coach, are very sick.

Comment

You're right. A 10 year old girl should be threatened with watching her teammates be pushed so hard physically that they literally throw up from exhaustion. She should be threatened with causing this to happen, and being made to watch this torture, after the team is made aware that it is her fault.

pussification of america sign her up for chess

Comment

You should get your kid away from this sadistic coach. He's going to do long-term damage to kids by even threatening to physically punish their teammates while they are made to watch. That is a sick man.

Comment

hmm

I sort of hate threads like this. Because the coach could have said this in a joking way, or in a threatening way, etc....

Obviously if your kid is on this team and the coach is behaving in a bad way you should just leave.

I also highly recommend only paying your club dues in the smallest installments that they will allow.

There is just so much drama and lots can go wrong at any club. If they got your money they will do what they want. If they don't have your money than you can take your kid elsewhere.

Comment

I sort of hate threads like this. Because the coach could have said this in a joking way, or in a threatening way, etc....

Obviously if your kid is on this team and the coach is behaving in a bad way you should just leave.

I also highly recommend only paying your club dues in the smallest installments that they will allow.

There is just so much drama and lots can go wrong at any club. If they got your money they will do what they want. If they don't have your money than you can take your kid elsewhere.
                You can almost always go elsewhere, but you may take a financial haircut in the process. I don't advocate quitting generally because kids should learn it's important to tough it out. But sometimes a situation is untenable (physical or emotional safety) or a coach is simply destroying your kid's confidence and love of the game. A truly abusive coach isn't rational so there's little point talking to them. All you can do is go to the club, even better if a group of parents do it because there's strength in numbers. Document your complaints. If they don't take action then decide if your kid can stick it out or not.

Comment

I agree, but in my bad experience I learned that rotten coaches mistreat parents or players to get rid of them. Sometimes when you stay you see how bad they really area and the extent of some illegal practices. That way you uncover a coach and probably raise awareness among parents. Keep your phone handy and start recording!

Comment

You can almost always go elsewhere, but you may take a financial haircut in the process. I don't advocate quitting generally because kids should learn it's important to tough it out. But sometimes a situation is untenable (physical or emotional safety) or a coach is simply destroying your kid's confidence and love of the game. A truly abusive coach isn't rational so there's little point talking to them. All you can do is go to the club, even better if a group of parents do it because there's strength in numbers. Document your complaints. If they don't take action then decide if your kid can stick it out or not.
                    We’re going to notify the boy’s DOC, and the president. We’re also sending letters to Rush National. Hopefully they remove him. He has no business coaching girls if mmmthis age

Comment

You should leave a club if your kid is in danger. Physically or mentally due to a behavior that you cant control. This obviously excludes your kid feeling bad due to not being good enough. But if there is a bully on the team, a bully coach. Character matters and if you have a choice than choose carefully.

Comment

You should leave a club if your kid is in danger. Physically or mentally due to a behavior that you cant control. This obviously excludes your kid feeling bad due to not being good enough. But if there is a bully on the team, a bully coach. Character matters and if you have a choice than choose carefully.
                        In this case, the kids aren't the ones that need to leave. Sounds like this coach needs to go. No club should allow this to happen.

Comment

We’re going to notify the boy’s DOC, and the president. We’re also sending letters to Rush National. Hopefully they remove him. He has no business coaching girls if mmmthis age
                          Bullies suck, especially as coaches. I would say if they don't address it immediately, go the media. Local news stations would love to cover this.

Comment

Bullies suck, especially as coaches. I would say if they don't address it immediately, go the media. Local news stations would love to cover this.
                            I will support you! Yes!!!! Media! Call sponsors and start recording those coaches. They will be out of FL soon because competition is growing and that pushes them out!!!

Comment

Yes I'm sure the media will be interested in hearing the concerns (which may or may not even be legit) of a dad on a DIFFERENT team has about a coach at his own club.

Comment

Looks like there will be an exodus from the two teams. A parent went to the club, and the club blew them off and said they would watch a few sessions. Our team is already three players short, the other has several with one foot out the door. When will clubs learn not to hire bullies who get off threatening ten year old kids?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X