Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post

That is an unjustified, dangerous statement to make when you say, “I have heard stories” there is no truth or validity and in a court of law that’s hearsay. Making salacious comments without first hand knowledge is just wrong. You sound like a scorned parent whose kid didn’t get playing time. Here is a fact, coaches play to win and play those players who give them the best opportunity to win. If your kid deserved to play then they would be playing meaningful minutes.
    Okay. How about I know as fact?

Comment

And the kids played pulled down level when higher level kids were taken off field. Better now?

Comment

And by the way...no names of schools or programs in the statement. Slander is very specific. Stick to what you know, likely not much.

Comment

That is an unjustified, dangerous statement to make when you say, “I have heard stories” there is no truth or validity and in a court of law that’s hearsay. Making salacious comments without first hand knowledge is just wrong. You sound like a scorned parent whose kid didn’t get playing time. Here is a fact, coaches play to win and play those players who give them the best opportunity to win. If your kid deserved to play then they would be playing meaningful minutes.
          Hahaha...thy protests too much, me thinks. Hit a chord it seems.

Comment

Not all coaches play to win as not all coaches know how to win. Good players play to win. Some coaches screw that up.

Comment

Unjustified? Dangerous? The college admissions scandal opened up people’s eyes to what most suspected. Real money passing hands, real fake athletes, real perp walks, and real jail time. If after all that you think it’s “salacious” to say coaches take money for PT then you’re blind. If they take money to put an unqualified player on their team, they’ll do anything!

UCLA head men’s coach got caught, but I don’t know how Cromwell didn’t since the player was actually on her team. Maybe she was a cooperating witness if her role was minor.
              Didn't the AD and some ath dept staff get fired?

But how could her role be minor? The unqualified player was on her roster. She is in charge on signing off on all the athletes on her roster. Did this player magically elevate from a rec league/hs level player to a quality fit to be on the roster of one of the best college soccer programs in the country? Hogwash. She likely flipped and has qualified immunity. IMHO

Comment

I do as well. It is out there and plain to see if you pay attention.

Comment

Not all coaches play to win as not all coaches know how to win. Good players play to win. Some coaches screw that up.
                  Indeed. And no matter how hard you play, you can not overcome a terrible coach. This is a reason some stop playing and become students.

Comment

An alarming over reaction in this response. Usually where there is smoke, there is a fire.

In case you are not aware, this is a blog not a court of law. It is full of hearsay. Doesn't mean there isn't truth in some of the statements.

Comment

Did you get your law degree at Trump U? Stick to your day job. Also, if you're going to get upset about anonymous rumors and accusations then TS isn't the place for you.

Comment

Did you get your law degree at Trump U? Stick to your day job. Also, if you're going to get upset about anonymous rumors and accusations then TS isn't the place for you.
                        Or truth. And yes, went to Wharton as well.

Comment

Upset about TS parents anonymous rumors or accusations, couldn’t care less. Just pointing out the BS to those that read TS and make it real that being anonymous with these statements are false. Anonymous gives you the freedom to say anything with no thought if its true.

Comment

Upset about TS parents anonymous rumors or accusations, couldn’t care less. Just pointing out the BS to those that read TS and make it real that being anonymous with these statements are false. Anonymous gives you the freedom to say anything with no thought if its true.
                            Maybe you should try reading the news or watching TV. Everything referenced about college coaches taking money is factual. Just Google it. There’s a bad element in any profession, but when you see coaches at top schools like Harvard, Yale, UCLA, USC, Georgetown, etc. getting caught it just shows how pervasive the problem is. If the FBI had bothered to go after lesser schools in lower level conferences (A10, Patriot, etc.) they would have found plenty of other instances. No point getting angry at posters saying the obvious.

Comment

And as another pointed out; speaking truths because it is anonymous. Don't be surprised. A parent wearing a wire to a shakedown with a college coach sounds very far fetched until it wasn't. Not all are rumors and accusations.

Comment

Maybe you should try reading the news or watching TV. Everything referenced about college coaches taking money is factual. Just Google it. There’s a bad element in any profession, but when you see coaches at top schools like Harvard, Yale, UCLA, USC, Georgetown, etc. getting caught it just shows how pervasive the problem is. If the FBI had bothered to go after lesser schools in lower level conferences (A10, Patriot, etc.) they would have found plenty of other instances. No point getting angry at posters saying the obvious.
                                Varsity Blues were all linked with Singer and his scheme. Without concrete info that there is someone else like Singer infiltrating multiple schools this isn't something the FBI would investigate. All cases would be individually based, school by school. Schools that want to protect their reputation no doubt started doing more deep dives on athletes. They should scrutinize donations also. I like the idea of donation caps.

I also think Varsity Blues shook up some parents too. They lost jobs, reputations etc just to try and get their kids into a school. To what end? Students should be at a school where they will be challenged, not struggling. Going to a top school helps open some doors but ultimately it's up to the individual to build their own career.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X