X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYSA Poaching rule reminder for all

401.5 POACHING
    There is to be NO improper contact between the prospective team and the player/parents of currently
    registered and/or rostered players. Any coach or member of a team having contact with a player after a
    player is registered and/or rostered, without first obtaining written permission from that player’s coach,
    will be construed as having had improper contact with a player, and such action can result in a charge of
    poaching.
    1. Improper contact is defined as any communication with a player other than the most casual, cordial
    communication necessary such as congratulations at the end of a match or similar such conversations.
    This contact specifically includes, but is not limited to, players participating in practices, training
    sessions, scrimmages or other soccer-related functions.
    2. Improper contact shall also include, but is not limited to, meetings with players/parents, attendance at
    team social functions when the player is not registered to that team, etc.
    3. Any such improper contact, no matter how generated, is prohibited without prior written notification
    and written consent of the player’s current head coach, the club director of coaching and/or players, or
    the Agent of Record of the club to which the player is currently registered and/or rostered. A
    coach/volunteer or member of a team having contact with a player is charged with the knowledge of
    that player’s registration and/or roster status and shall be held accountable for any unauthorized
    contact with any player currently not rostered to his team, regardless of how that contact is initiated or
    by whom.
    A. No coach, assistant coach, trainer, team representative, registered player, parent or advertisement may
    offer any kind of inducement to recruit a player and/or to transfer from his/her respective team, during
    the seasonal year as defined September 1 though August 31.
    Inducing a player includes, but is not limited solicitation to leave the current affiliate, offering a
    currently rostered player a roster spot on an existing team, or a roster spot for the next seasonal year.
    Coaches are responsible for the actions of the all of the above listed participants of their team.

B. Players:
    All currently registered players shall become free agents at the completion of FYSA’s State Cup Final
    Four or elimination from National Championship Competitions (whichever is later) or at a date as
    may be set by the BOD.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    401.5 POACHING
    There is to be NO improper contact between the prospective team and the player/parents of currently
    registered and/or rostered players. Any coach or member of a team having contact with a player after a
    player is registered and/or rostered, without first obtaining written permission from that player’s coach,
    will be construed as having had improper contact with a player, and such action can result in a charge of
    poaching.
    1. Improper contact is defined as any communication with a player other than the most casual, cordial
    communication necessary such as congratulations at the end of a match or similar such conversations.
    This contact specifically includes, but is not limited to, players participating in practices, training
    2. Improper contact shall also include, but is not limited to, meetings with players/parents, attendance at
    3. Any such improper contact, no matter how generated, is prohibited without prior written notification
    and written consent of the player’s current head coach, the club director of coaching and/or players, or
    the Agent of Record of the club to which the player is currently registered and/or rostered. A
    coach/volunteer or member of a team having contact with a player is charged with the knowledge of
    that player’s registration and/or roster status and shall be held accountable for any unauthorized
    contact with any player currently not rostered to his team, regardless of how that contact is initiated or
    by whom.
    A. No coach, assistant coach, trainer, team representative, registered player, parent or advertisement may
    offer any kind of inducement to recruit a player and/or to transfer from his/her respective team, during
    Inducing a player includes, but is not limited solicitation to leave the current affiliate, offering a
    currently rostered player a roster spot on an existing team, or a roster spot for the next seasonal year.
    Coaches are responsible for the actions of the all of the above listed participants of their team.

B. Players:
    All currently registered players shall become free agents at the completion of FYSA’s State Cup Final
    Four or elimination from National Championship Competitions (whichever is later) or at a date as
    may be set by the BOD.
    Do you know how many actual poaching charges have been brought since this rule went into effect?

Comment

Just say your recruiting for US club team then it's okay . That's why NPL ENCL DA Pre DA and Super Y can have tryouts whenever they want .

Comment

Just say your recruiting for US club team then it's okay . That's why NPL ENCL DA Pre DA and Super Y can have tryouts whenever they want .
        Not if they have FYSA passes as well. It is all coming to an end.

Comment

Cumming on my face

Comment

The kids are minors the parents are custodial guarding ship screw the contract on a minor parents will talk and coaches is not proper but parent do it all the time no contract on a minor has no wait in court BS making profit on a child and parents pay to play.

Comment

401.5 POACHING
              poaching.
              by whom.

B. Players:
              may be set by the BOD.
              Warning to FYSA. This "rule" would not survive a day in a civil court of law. On the contrary, if it is ever challenged in court, not only would it not stand but FYSA would be facing a civil suit and possibly criminal charges relating to child exploitaition. That is why is has never been enforced and never will. FYSA is just counting on our collective ignorance of the laws of this country so they can keep on helping private clubs in business. If they ever dare to enforce this "rule", It will be my great pleasure to have our firm handle this case pro-bono.

Comment

Warning to FYSA. This "rule" would not survive a day in a civil court of law. On the contrary, if it is ever challenged in court, not only would it not stand but FYSA would be facing a civil suit and possibly criminal charges relating to child exploitaition. That is why is has never been enforced and never will. FYSA is just counting on our collective ignorance of the laws of this country so they can keep on helping private clubs in business. If they ever dare to enforce this "rule", It will be my great pleasure to have our firm handle this case pro-bono.
                That is wonderful that you would do it on principle. I like that. I just may have to "poach" so we can get FYSA to "enforce" it. Would love to see FYSA get it rammed up their ar**es by your firm.

Comment

These poaching rules have been and will continue to be enforced and courts will rarely overturn decisions of youth sport sanctioning bodies. No attorney will claim that these rules won't stand, let alone that FYSA could ever face criminal child exploitation charges because of them.

Comment

That is wonderful that you would do it on principle. I like that. I just may have to "poach" so we can get FYSA to "enforce" it. Would love to see FYSA get it rammed up their ar**es by your firm.
                    We go to law school for cases such these but we rarely get the chance in the real word. I can think of one young attorney in our firm that just came to us from NYC where she spent two years defending child abuse and exploitation victims in regards to human trafficking. She is now finally making a good living with us but she dearly misses the work. She is relentless, passionate and has the advantage of youth. I will have her look into it, read FYSA's rule and get her views. This is not my field but from my brief examination, we may not even need an actual event to take place. It is such an obvious disregard for basic minors rights that FYSA attorneys will probably recommend them removing it from their rule book. Although suing them for damages on an actual case would send a stronger message to the rest of the youth soccer community. My grandson plays soccer and I hear the stories from my son connected with youth soccer and the abuses by clubs and coaches, FYSA in particular. Maybe the time has come to put an end to it. The media coverage would be a nice bonus.

Comment

We go to law school for cases such these but we rarely get the chance in the real word. I can think of one young attorney in our firm that just came to us from NYC where she spent two years defending child abuse and exploitation victims in regards to human trafficking. She is now finally making a good living with us but she dearly misses the work. She is relentless, passionate and has the advantage of youth. I will have her look into it, read FYSA's rule and get her views. This is not my field but from my brief examination, we may not even need an actual event to take place. It is such an obvious disregard for basic minors rights that FYSA attorneys will probably recommend them removing it from their rule book. Although suing them for damages on an actual case would send a stronger message to the rest of the youth soccer community. My grandson plays soccer and I hear the stories from my son connected with youth soccer and the abuses by clubs and coaches, FYSA in particular. Maybe the time has come to put an end to it. The media coverage would be a nice bonus.
                      This is exactly why US Club Soccer doesn't have this rule. You are free to take your pass elsewhere with a simple request to transfer. They don't care if the club has not collected fees as that is not the business of the sanctioning body.

Comment

These poaching rules have been and will continue to be enforced and courts will rarely overturn decisions of youth sport sanctioning bodies. No attorney will claim that these rules won't stand, let alone that FYSA could ever face criminal child exploitation charges because of them.
                        You are obviously an FYSA representative and not an attorney. Can you spell "Class Action"? You have a history of abuses and corruption to include embezzlement or did you forget that little event in your not so far past?

Comment

.... This is not my field but from my brief examination, we may not even need an actual event to take place. It is such an obvious disregard for basic minors rights that FYSA attorneys will probably recommend them removing it from their rule book....
                          While trying to create that impression, you have not even claimed to be a licensed attorney.

Again, the courts will rarely overturn the decisions of youth sport sanctioning bodies and no attorney will claim these poaching rules won't stand, let alone that FYSA will be subject to any criminal child exploitation sanctions because of them.

Your belief that the FYSA poaching rules so obviously disregard basic minor's rights that FYSA attorneys will recommend removing them from its rule book is simply ludicrous.

Comment

Please name one case involving FYSA and this rule that has made it into a court of law. One case.

Comment

While trying to create that impression, you have not even claimed to be a licensed attorney.

Again, the courts will rarely overturn the decisions of youth sport sanctioning bodies and no attorney will claim these poaching rules won't stand, let alone that FYSA will be subject to any criminal child exploitation sanctions because of them.

Your belief that the FYSA poaching rules so obviously disregard basic minor's rights that FYSA attorneys will recommend removing them from its rule book is simply ludicrous.
                              LOL. You have made an old rich man laugh. Nothing more dangerous than wealth in the hands of a bored old man with death near. We will do this for my grandson and every child whose dreams you take advantage of every day. I will not respond to this post anymore. Glad my son brought it to my attention though. Good cause.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X