Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Lets be honest. At the D1 level, there is often 22-28 players on a roster and maybe 16 are getting any play time. If you are player number 17+, whether you have a scholarship or not, you have to be wondering if changing schools/divisions wouldn't get you on the field.

Lots of reasons to change schools, but I doubt that players are transferring if they are happy with their minutes and their education. IF they aren't getting the minutes, the question is why? Overreach on the part of the player? Poor recruiting on the part of the coach? Injury? Not in shape? Whatever... why speculate.

This debate about D3 vs. D1 is like ******* into the wind, it's stupid and everyone gets wet and smelly. Look at the rosters of D3 and compare the player's backgrounds to D1. Plenty of HS players, town players and lower level club players at D3. Little to no players without at least NPL level play and plenty of DA/ECNL at D1. If you think there isn't a difference between leagues, you are beyond help and no arguing on the internet will change that.
    LOL. Nice try. At top 30 and probably at least top 50-60 D3s there are ZERO high school and town players and almost no low level club players. Almost every single player on top 25 teams played a high level of club with most playing DAP. Learn something before you write.

Comment

Through you posters I learned that there are helicopter dads as well as helicopter moms. You obviously hover and obsess over everything soccer in your son's life so you can't understand it when you encounter someone who doesn't. My son is an independent thinker and his college decision revolved around his preferred major. And it's only offered at select schools and the soccer was way behind in priority. So why would I waste my time going to see inferior soccer at D3 schools when there is excellent D1 soccer close by.

Get the basement ready for junior when he graduates. Sounds like that's what you've prepared him for. You might want to set up a couch down there for you also. You've probably driven your wife pretty crazy by now also.
      Very good response time. Suddenly you're here all the time. It must be fun to get into your snowflake and basement rants but those only out you more vividly. What D3 is he attending? Is he really that bad? And if he's good enough for D1 and D2 isn't he miserable at the thought of playing with a bunch of losers? Heck, I bet your kid can even juggle with 10 touches in a row. But why is he even bothering with soccer if it's that low a priority? You might have seen that question being asked a lot regarding D3 players.

Comment

Through you posters I learned that there are helicopter dads as well as helicopter moms. You obviously hover and obsess over everything soccer in your son's life so you can't understand it when you encounter someone who doesn't. My son is an independent thinker and his college decision revolved around his preferred major. And it's only offered at select schools and the soccer was way behind in priority. So why would I waste my time going to see inferior soccer at D3 schools when there is excellent D1 soccer close by.

Get the basement ready for junior when he graduates. Sounds like that's what you've prepared him for. You might want to set up a couch down there for you also. You've probably driven your wife pretty crazy by now also.
        Need any help with naming this puppet, BTNT?

Comment

LOL. Nice try. At top 30 and probably at least top 50-60 D3s there are ZERO high school and town players and almost no low level club players. Almost every single player on top 25 teams played a high level of club with most playing DAP. Learn something before you write.
          BS. Amherst College, ranked #2 in New England. Currently has players from Bruno (NEP), NJ Stallions (EDP), GPS, SDFC, Manhattan Soccer Club, etc. Those clubs compete in NEP, EDP, USYS, some in NPL, etc. They also have a number of ECNL players. I never said ECNL players couldn't play D3 and Amherst is a good program, but there are plenty of lower level players on that squad that wouldn't be on a D1 squad.

I'm not going to go through the rest, but the bottom line is even the top D3 squads have mid-level players and plenty of D3 have town and HS players. Do your own research, but don't spout lies or try and talk up the level of play. The truth is right there in front of you.

Comment

BS. Amherst College, ranked #2 in New England. Currently has players from Bruno (NEP), NJ Stallions (EDP), GPS, SDFC, Manhattan Soccer Club, etc. Those clubs compete in NEP, EDP, USYS, some in NPL, etc. They also have a number of ECNL players. I never said ECNL players couldn't play D3 and Amherst is a good program, but there are plenty of lower level players on that squad that wouldn't be on a D1 squad.

I'm not going to go through the rest, but the bottom line is even the top D3 squads have mid-level players and plenty of D3 have town and HS players. Do your own research, but don't spout lies or try and talk up the level of play. The truth is right there in front of you.
            Show me the town/high school players on top 30 teams. Please. And you can use the women although I was talking about men.

Comment

Show me the town/high school players on top 30 teams. Please. And you can use the women although I was talking about men.
              There are 440 D3 Women's soccer programs. I never said Town/HS/Non-Club players were on top D3 teams. I said there were plenty of low level players at the D3 level and there are. However, since you asked, here you go: Tufts Women's Soccer, ranked 4th in NE, has a player who played for Cajun Soccer Club which is part of Lafayette Youth Soccer, a town-based program. Not a premier club, town.

Admit you're wrong and move on.

Comment

#4 Franklin & Marshall:

BG: 2 year varsity starter (Wow!)

SJ: 3 year varsity starter, played for FC Europa?

That’s 2 out of the first 3 on the roster. Do I need to keep going?

Comment

There are 440 D3 Women's soccer programs. I never said Town/HS/Non-Club players were on top D3 teams. I said there were plenty of low level players at the D3 level and there are. However, since you asked, here you go: Tufts Women's Soccer, ranked 4th in NE, has a player who played for Cajun Soccer Club which is part of Lafayette Youth Soccer, a town-based program. Not a premier club, town.

Admit you're wrong and move on.
                  How much does she play, this one player you found?

Comment

Wait. Thought you needed ECNL/DA just to make the roster at a top level D3?

Comment

Because of soccer my daughter got into one of the top NESCACs that she would not have gotten into without soccer. She used her soccer ability to get a foot in the door, just like other students do with D1 scholarships. The NESCACs are need blind, so our FA is awesome, and she is still local enough for us to see her play. She could have gone to a bigger school for just academics, she could have played at UMASS Lowell or UNH, but she loves her small school on a beautiful campus. We are paying the same tuition we would have at one of those bigger schools, but she has been a starter, and is getting a great education. I don't understand why people would argue about this?

Comment

Nope, that's not what was said. If you want to talk about the bottom 100 out of 400 on the women's side, fine. No one said there were no lower level players at the bottom end. The top programs are loaded with high level club players. So you should move on.

Comment

Because of soccer my daughter got into one of the top NESCACs that she would not have gotten into without soccer. She used her soccer ability to get a foot in the door, just like other students do with D1 scholarships. The NESCACs are need blind, so our FA is awesome, and she is still local enough for us to see her play. She could have gone to a bigger school for just academics, she could have played at UMASS Lowell or UNH, but she loves her small school on a beautiful campus. We are paying the same tuition we would have at one of those bigger schools, but she has been a starter, and is getting a great education. I don't understand why people would argue about this?
                          BS. No one gets into a NESCAC because of soccer, they get in because their grades say they belong there. Anything else is a our lie.

Comment

Nope, that's not what was said. If you want to talk about the bottom 100 out of 400 on the women's side, fine. No one said there were no lower level players at the bottom end. The top programs are loaded with high level club players. So you should move on.
                            Only because their stupid parents drank the Koolaid. Soccer at even the best of the best D3 programs is still a secondary activity.

Comment

And....BTNT is already drunk. So disrespectful to his Dad who is doing a great job again tonight. LOL, BTNT cares more about D3 than the Celtics! Go figure.

Comment

Make vs play?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X