Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOMENS GPY soccer transfer to SNHU?

Rumor has it she’s leaving the Sunshine State??

No surprise here - I have said this for the last 2 years on this board: NH is not a hotbed of DI talent. She’s good but not DI Elite 8 good (FSU lost in the quarter finals). She played less than 30 minutes all year and appeared in just 2 games.

If she worked and stuck it out possibly a starter by junior season- typical for her ability and skill level. FSU is a powerhouse program, top 20 every year.

She will be a starter at SNHU and be all conference. Good for her and I will enjoy watching her play here in NH.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      No surprise here - I have said this for the last 2 years on this board: NH is not a hotbed of DI talent. She’s good but not DI Elite 8 good (FSU lost in the quarter finals). She played less than 30 minutes all year and appeared in just 2 games.

If she worked and stuck it out possibly a starter by junior season- typical for her ability and skill level. FSU is a powerhouse program, top 20 every year.

She will be a starter at SNHU and be all conference. Good for her and I will enjoy watching her play here in NH.
      What you neglect to realize is that she probably wouldn’t be a starter by junior year. That team will constantly replace starters with new stud international players. Also, transferring doesn’t always have to do with soccer. Maybe she doesn’t like the school or the FL weather. No one except her and her parents know the real story.

Comment

What you neglect to realize is that she probably wouldn’t be a starter by junior year. That team will constantly replace starters with new stud international players. Also, transferring doesn’t always have to do with soccer. Maybe she doesn’t like the school or the FL weather. No one except her and her parents know the real story.
        Yes this is all true and also most scholarships are year to year especially at that level. So even if she didn’t see game time they were assessing her this year and could very well have said “Sorry but no money for you next year and you’re out.” Scholarships and playing at different levels really need to be thought through. Transfer rates are very high for a variety of reasons. Often big programs will take on 12-15 recruits the first year giving most of them low percentages knowing that several will cut it.

Comment

It may be best to avoid speculating and commenting on issues of which you have no knowledge.

Why she chose to give it a go at a big school like that, and FSU specifically, and why she is moving closer to home are reasons that the family knows and doesn't do much good in anonymously speculating.

Comment

It may be best to avoid speculating and commenting on issues of which you have no knowledge.

Why she chose to give it a go at a big school like that, and FSU specifically, and why she is moving closer to home are reasons that the family knows and doesn't do much good in anonymously speculating.
            Agreed - I think it will be awesome if she does come back to NH and play soccer here so we can have a local kid doing great things for a local school! I say support her and go watch her play when you can!

Comment

Agreed - I think it will be awesome if she does come back to NH and play soccer here so we can have a local kid doing great things for a local school! I say support her and go watch her play when you can!
              Good move for her. Was not good enough to play there as most people without a vested interest knew. She wasn’t even the best player in the state that year quite frankly. Just not technical enough. Nonetheless a player that is very solid and will thrice at a D2 school.

Comment

Good move for her. Was not good enough to play there as most people without a vested interest knew. She wasn’t even the best player in the state that year quite frankly. Just not technical enough. Nonetheless a player that is very solid and will thrice at a D2 school.
                Continue to be amazed at parents who bash other kids on here. IMHO she was the best player we played against for 2 years straight.

Comment

Continue to be amazed at parents who bash other kids on here. IMHO she was the best player we played against for 2 years straight.
                  Far from bashing from what I see. Just an opinion by someone and one that I would probably agree with. Her teammate was as effective as her not to mention another player who went to play Div 1 (not as good a team but decent and she was playing from what I see). And that poster is right...definitely not as technical as many others which is a big component of playing div 1 at that level. Great player but just not at that level.

And if you want to say that is bashing then so be it

Comment

Far from bashing from what I see. Just an opinion by someone and one that I would probably agree with. Her teammate was as effective as her not to mention another player who went to play Div 1 (not as good a team but decent and she was playing from what I see). And that poster is right...definitely not as technical as many others which is a big component of playing div 1 at that level. Great player but just not at that level.

And if you want to say that is bashing then so be it

The tell is in the statement "not even the best player in the state that year." you totally have a vested interest, probably your interests lies in that other Div 1 player, hello Bedford parent. She did have a very good teammate who was effective b/c teams had to triple team Paige. I stand by my statement she was the player our team faced for the last two years. We could stop the very fast Bedford player.

Comment

The tell is in the statement "not even the best player in the state that year." you totally have a vested interest, probably your interests lies in that other Div 1 player, hello Bedford parent. She did have a very good teammate who was effective b/c teams had to triple team Paige. I stand by my statement she was the player our team faced for the last two years. We could stop the very fast Bedford player.
                      Well since the comments are from two different posters and mine does not refer to a Bedford player. No one on Bedford was on par with PL....but it is also laughable to say that teams double and triple teamed her. So if anyone has a vested interest, then maybe it be you

Comment

As mentioned, there are situations that arise that cause the need for people to change their paths. This is one.

The reality is a unique set of circumstances enabled her to give FSU a shot. It was always going to be a stretch but good for her to put herself out there. She is a D1 talent, but not a Top 5 D1 talent. Tough area of the country for that.

Credit to her for giving it a go, but also credit for switching if it wasn't going to work out. UNH wasn't going to be an option due to some earlier activity so I think SNHU is the best local option for her. EM is an excellent coach and she'll do well there.

Comment

As mentioned, there are situations that arise that cause the need for people to change their paths. This is one.

The reality is a unique set of circumstances enabled her to give FSU a shot. It was always going to be a stretch but good for her to put herself out there. She is a D1 talent, but not a Top 5 D1 talent. Tough area of the country for that.

Credit to her for giving it a go, but also credit for switching if it wasn't going to work out. UNH wasn't going to be an option due to some earlier activity so I think SNHU is the best local option for her. EM is an excellent coach and she'll do well there.
                          "unique set of circumstances"...let's call it as it is...mommy knew the coach

Comment

Agree with the last 2 posts...given a shot because of people knowing people (which isn't just unique to her). Is D1 level but not at the top of D1 or close to it. Good place for her to end up at to succeed. Strong, local program.

The points have been made. I don't think anyone argues that she is a strong player. What was in question is if she was top tier in country which I still maintain she isn't. And would argue that there were 1 or 2 other players better than her in the state....subjective yes.

Comment

"unique set of circumstances"...let's call it as it is...mommy knew the coach
                              Just can't help yourself, can ya'?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X