Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class of 2021 - Predictions for June 15?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So where do we stand now that's it's December? Are 2021 spots all filled?
    My daughter has had a few on campus meetings with D1 coaches but no offers to date. The coaches that my daughter has had the most contact with have all made it clear that they are evaluating her at the January through May Showcase events and will be at as many of her games as they can. It sounds like my daughter is in the pool of 3-5 next level prospects that they want a better evaluation on. They have made offers to their top prospects at this point.

Comment

everyone is so interested... crazy

Comment

My daughter has had a few on campus meetings with D1 coaches but no offers to date. The coaches that my daughter has had the most contact with have all made it clear that they are evaluating her at the January through May Showcase events and will be at as many of her games as they can. It sounds like my daughter is in the pool of 3-5 next level prospects that they want a better evaluation on. They have made offers to their top prospects at this point.
        True for us too. Two schools we’ve been talking to since summer told us this too. I know several players committed early fall but haven’t announced including one 2021 Yale recruit. Nor sure of her situation and don’t want to ask.

Comment

everyone is so interested... crazy
          Not really. If your kid is in the process you're interested. If they're not there yet, you're probably curious how the rule changes are altering the timeline. Is there a new normal?

Comment

I know a few 2021s who won't have the same coach on campus as the one they committed to. I'll be interested to see how that plays out.

Comment

So where do we stand now that's it's December? Are 2021 spots all filled?
              No. My d has spoken with some local D1s and they are all still looking to fill spots. Anywhere from 2-4 players on the various teams.

Comment

Ivy has a later time table as they want to see grades from 1st term of this year. They also don't really want you to announce commitment on social media.

So to answer your question it just depends.

Comment

Ivy has a later time table as they want to see grades from 1st term of this year. They also don't really want you to announce commitment on social media.

So to answer your question it just depends.
                  Ivy had first wave of 2021 commits as early as last spring and more announced labor day.
                  Agree that as a whole Ivy is later. The last few commits will come much later because they are needed to swing AI of prior commits. If recruiting class needs AI boost coach adds smart cones. if wave 1, 2 commits have strong AI, they bring in soccer players.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                    True for us too. Two schools we’ve been talking to since summer told us this too. I know several players committed early fall but haven’t announced including one 2021 Yale recruit. Nor sure of her situation and don’t want to ask.
                    Which club?

Comment

Which club?
                      Has to be Stars or Scorps, Nefc currently does very little to help kids with recruiting.

Comment

Has to be Stars or Scorps, Nefc currently does very little to help kids with recruiting.
                        Agreed. We switched away from NEFC and got so much more recruiting help it was shocking to us (and sad that we missed out while at NEFC).

Comment

Agreed. We switched away from NEFC and got so much more recruiting help it was shocking to us (and sad that we missed out while at NEFC).
                          What type of help?

Comment

What type of help?
                            Advocating actively with coaches that our child had contact with. Checking in frequently for updates on progress. Advice on communicating with coaches. Helped us talk through final decision when trying to choose between schools that wanted her.

Comment

Advocating actively with coaches that our child had contact with. Checking in frequently for updates on progress. Advice on communicating with coaches. Helped us talk through final decision when trying to choose between schools that wanted her.
                              I think it is very coach dependent regardless of the club. We get that with our NEFC coach (not NB) Some are just better than others at it.

Comment

How’s are the 2021 parents doing?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X