Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    See post #688. The track record of Revs players in college is terrible and their placements keep getting worse each year.
    And the reason for this is well known. The Revs stopped attracting the top area players about 3-4 years ago. College coaches have followed the talent elsewhere.

Comment

Get real

And the reason for this is well known. The Revs stopped attracting the top area players about 3-4 years ago. College coaches have followed the talent elsewhere.
      The pool of academically smart AND excellent soccer players (I’m talking D1 starting players as freshman) is very small. I can count them on one hand for 2019 (as the OP has shown). Lower the requirement to academically smart AND D1 starting players as juniors and seniors, it’s still around 10 players. The remaining 30 or so players are either bench players, subs with token playing time, or have quit the team during the four years - all this is the OPs finding not my own.

Then there’s smart AND D3 level players - this is the category most “top” soccer players in MA fall into.

Comment

The pool of academically smart AND excellent soccer players (I’m talking D1 starting players as freshman) is very small. I can count them on one hand for 2019 (as the OP has shown). Lower the requirement to academically smart AND D1 starting players as juniors and seniors, it’s still around 10 players. The remaining 30 or so players are either bench players, subs with token playing time, or have quit the team during the four years - all this is the OPs finding not my own.

Then there’s smart AND D3 level players - this is the category most “top” soccer players in MA fall into.
        In just a few years the Revs have gone from getting just about all of their graduating class recruited - and not all to good academic schools either - to almost none. Based on another post almost none of the players who were recruited since 2016 are playing or are impact players. Seems college coaches have figure out the Revs blow at development.

Comment

Based on another post almost none of the players who were recruited since 2016 are playing or are impact players. Seems college coaches have figure out the Revs blow at development.
          Wrong

Two revs academy players from 2016 - Aaron James and John Wilkins are still playing a lot

Only one non revs player from 2016 is still playing a lot - joe Kellet NEFC

Comment

In just a few years the Revs have gone from getting just about all of their graduating class recruited - and not all to good academic schools either - to almost none. Based on another post almost none of the players who were recruited since 2016 are playing or are impact players. Seems college coaches have figure out the Revs blow at development.
            'Not all to good academic schools' Get over yourself, you pompous db.

Comment

Wrong

Two revs academy players from 2016 - Aaron James ... still playing a lot
              I don't know if "still" is the operative word. He played 10 minutes in 2017, 86 minutes in 2018, and 231 minutes in 7 games so far in 2019. His persistence and patience are finally being rewarded.

Comment

I don't know if "still" is the operative word. He played 10 minutes in 2017, 86 minutes in 2018, and 231 minutes in 7 games so far in 2019. His persistence and patience are finally being rewarded.
                Shhhhhh, you’re ruining the narrative.

Comment

So what? Maybe he was injured. The point is he was still respected enough as a player to get a ton of minutes in his senior year. It’s your narrative that is wrong! Blatantly wrong.

Comment

Let’s see how the freshman are doing. Criteria is starting 50% or more of their games.

Player/team/G/GP/GS/G/A

Amos Shapiro Thompson/BC/6/5/5/2/0
                    Galen Lewis/Harvard/4/2/2/0/0
                    Quinn Serafino/UMass/6/6/6/1/0
                    Griffin Roach/BU/6/6/5/0/0
                    Andrew White/Lehigh/5/4/4/0/0
                    Owen Schwartz/Brown/4/2/2/0/0

One of the smallest D1 classes recently which is good IMO, but 6of 35 starting or 16%. Take note.
                    Other kid from CT

also Jack Ostrosky/Holy Cross/14/12/12/1/3

Comment

===
                      Kevin Veng @ PC was a Rev 2 years ago and gets good minutes

Comment

===
                        Kevin Veng @ PC was a Rev 2 years ago and gets good minutes
                        He's a 2018. Doesn't start much but comes on as a sub often...and he's from RI (this is for MA folks)

Comment

how'd the commits do now that the season's over? Thanks for all your hard work!

Comment

Did I miss the end of season stats updates? Or did the person who does them retire? Always enjoy seeing where each class ends up.

Comment

Did I miss the end of season stats updates? Or did the person who does them retire? Always enjoy seeing where each class ends up.
                              try clicking on prior pages. Reading is a good thing.

Comment

Decided to stop. Site manager knows why.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X