Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monetize you say?

Not liking how the for profit professional Soccer entity Timbers/Thorns (aka Peregrine) intersect with youth clubs by administering OYSA leagues & Cups and their role in USYS/OYSA-OPD/RTC. Seriously?

Contrast their role (Peregrine) with nearly every classic/rec local non profit club that extorts extra monies in a myriad of deceptive practices from naive families; via additional staff private training, the conflict of interest ploys steering families to 'privates' with RCP, RCF and U90stills (funneling parents $$ straight to DOC and Staff coaches- nice double dip huh), one off summer & winter tournaments (using community fields at a cost of next to nothing) raking in margins/profits, creating acronym riddled- club pools of rec players aged 7, 8, 9 & 10 and charging them thousands to train with 'pool age group' coaches with the only barrier to entry being money, no line of demarcation based on actual talent . Agreeing to be part of a neighborhood boys 'DA program' that costs thousands and is offering nothing more than it's traditional club teams in coaching or competition. Throw in the 2 local girls clubs that charge 10's of thousands to travel in their incredible race to nowhere just for giggles and lunacy.

This is business as usual in our non-profit Soccer clubs and people are upset at the Timbers who actually INVEST in developing youth by subsidizing DA programs for both Boys & Girls?

The whole thing is a follow the leader (Pergrine-Timbers/Thorns) culture with no clean hands to be found.

Oregon Youth Soccer.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not liking how the for profit professional Soccer entity Timbers/Thorns (aka Peregrine) intersect with youth clubs by administering OYSA leagues & Cups and their role in USYS/OYSA-OPD/RTC. Seriously?

Contrast their role (Peregrine) with nearly every classic/rec local non profit club that extorts extra monies in a myriad of deceptive practices from naive families; via additional staff private training, the conflict of interest ploys steering families to 'privates' with RCP, RCF and U90stills (funneling parents $$ straight to DOC and Staff coaches- nice double dip huh), one off summer & winter tournaments (using community fields at a cost of next to nothing) raking in margins/profits, creating acronym riddled- club pools of rec players aged 7, 8, 9 & 10 and charging them thousands to train with 'pool age group' coaches with the only barrier to entry being money, no line of demarcation based on actual talent . Agreeing to be part of a neighborhood boys 'DA program' that costs thousands and is offering nothing more than it's traditional club teams in coaching or competition. Throw in the 2 local girls clubs that charge 10's of thousands to travel in their incredible race to nowhere just for giggles and lunacy.

This is business as usual in our non-profit Soccer clubs and people are upset at the Timbers who actually INVEST in developing youth by subsidizing DA programs for both Boys & Girls?

The whole thing is a follow the leader (Pergrine-Timbers/Thorns) culture with no clean hands to be found.

Oregon Youth Soccer.
    Get over yourself- timbers academy is no different than all the rest. We wish you would just admit you are using everyone's fees for your own profit and partially to fund the academy that is racked with a lack of integrity and is also riddled with corruption and rich parents buying spots for their undeserving (talent and potential wise). Stop trying to rationalize any of it

Comment

Get over yourself- timbers academy is no different than all the rest. We wish you would just admit you are using everyone's fees for your own profit and partially to fund the academy that is racked with a lack of integrity and is also riddled with corruption and rich parents buying spots for their undeserving (talent and potential wise). Stop trying to rationalize any of it
      You are you replying to? The Timbers & Thorns DA programs at the older ages are fully subsidized for boys and over 60% to 70% for girls, they are part of the national platform sponsored by US Soccer. No club in Oregon has this cache or distinction or funds their teams. BTW, they (Timbers/Thorns) are not a non-profit club like all OYSA clubs. So they are in FACT different than all the rest, are you really that clueless. Since peregrine is a private business all of their income is fungible and has no ability to be tracked in the accounting narrative you fabricated, (club reg & odp fees create profit that fund the academy).

You have a serious paranoid delusion regarding the local pro sports club, they don’t even know who you are or who your kid is, they could frankly care less. Not unlike the non profit (wink-wink, nudge,nuge) soccer clubs.

This is not an indictment for anything timbers da or anything negative towards the local club, it’s just our sick culture of monetization and lack of community. my kid plays for snowflakes United with the baby boomer coach. It’s hilarious.

Comment

Oregon Youth Soccer.
        So I take it you haven't bought your Southlake Park auction tickets yet?

Comment

So I take it you haven't bought your Southlake Park auction tickets yet?
          You Willamette folks need to grow a spine but that was funny.

Comment

You are you replying to? The Timbers & Thorns DA programs at the older ages are fully subsidized for boys and over 60% to 70% for girls, they are part of the national platform sponsored by US Soccer. No club in Oregon has this cache or distinction or funds their teams. BTW, they (Timbers/Thorns) are not a non-profit club like all OYSA clubs. So they are in FACT different than all the rest, are you really that clueless. Since peregrine is a private business all of their income is fungible and has no ability to be tracked in the accounting narrative you fabricated, (club reg & odp fees create profit that fund the academy).

You have a serious paranoid delusion regarding the local pro sports club, they don’t even know who you are or who your kid is, they could frankly care less. Not unlike the non profit (wink-wink, nudge,nuge) soccer clubs.

This is not an indictment for anything timbers da or anything negative towards the local club, it’s just our sick culture of monetization and lack of community. my kid plays for snowflakes United with the baby boomer coach. It’s hilarious.
            Your attitude is amusing, and no I am not paranoid or delusional actually quite the opposite. What is funny is you think you know all and that is all that matters. Know that the rest of us don't give two chits. The local youth academy program is a fing joke just look at the results. The coaches do know my kid and invited him but we declined ahole. Move along and you are all bark and no bite...

Comment

What is funny is you think you know all and that is all that matters. Know that the rest of us don't give two chits. ...
              Thanks for replying with such insight and substance. It's refreshing and reassuring to know the rest of 'us' have such an intelligent spokesperson.

Appreciated,

The Silent Masses

Comment

Why the Timbers DA fully subsidized? Because it is an MLS requirement.

Why is the Thorns DA partially subsidized? Because they had to in order to field a competitive team.

How do you think the Timbers/Thorns fund there DA programs? Thru contracts with OYSA for all of the profitable pieces.

For most of the parents complaining Timbers making money from youth soccer, we have you to thank for this. The reason why the Timbers are involved is because OPL almost put OYSA out of business and OYSA signed a deal with the devil. Youth soccer is profitable and the Timbers are not leaving. Subsidizing a portion of the Thorns DA teams are a fraction of what they pull in on the girl's side of youth soccer.

Comment

You Willamette folks need to grow a spine but that was funny.
                  Trust me, the joke is on us. Now please excuse me - I have to go wash my son's soccer gear from his 6:00 am training session at RCP so he has something to wear when we hit the Upper 90 this afternoon, followed by a private training session with one of our club coaches.

Comment

Trust me, the joke is on us. Now please excuse me - I have to go wash my son's soccer gear from his 6:00 am training session at RCP so he has something to wear when we hit the Upper 90 this afternoon, followed by a private training session with one of our club coaches.

None of these endeavors makes anyone a better ‘team’ player.

All you need is a ball and a wall., for passing and receiving skill development, which is free.

Dribbling moves are all over you tube with free tutorials if that’s your thing.

Finally creating your signature moves and style is done with imagination and creativity based in your heart and soul.

Comment

Maybe buy some additional gear so you don't have to do the wash after every session.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X