Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The refs shouldn't know and shouldn't care. They should simply officiate the game properly. If a team knows the accumulation rule and gets bounced, shame on them and their coach. The game officiating shouldn't be altered or it becomes dangerous, especially on the boys side.
    It shouldn't happen but it most definitely does

Comment

If I was a ref and told before a game by a coach that his team was in jeopardy, I think it would have the opposite effect. I think I would then have it stuck in my head that the team were a bunch of criminals looking for kindness. Any close calls would likely then go against said team knowing they have a strong history of violence. If I was the coach, I would put out a stern warning to my players (not the refs) and have a very short leash, especially if it was only 2 or 3 hotheads that were creating this issue.
      Yellow cards are given for a variety of reason to equate them to violence is silly

Comment

Does anyone know if yellow cards accumulation and the potential for disqualification continues into conference or state championships. Or is just regular season

Comment

I am not sure that's publicly available. My kids team was briefed where they stood by AD as they had a bunch of cards early

The stupidity of the rule is that refs stop giving yellow cards to teams that are close. Just raise the limit and enforce the rules.
          Sounds like you are a parent of staples girls

Comment

Yellow cards are given for a variety of reason to equate them to violence is silly
            99.9% of all yellow cards are given for on-field actions. Don't be silly. Teams that are more physical tend to wrack these up like candy and as long as one player does not get two in a game, there are generally no long term repercussions for being an overly physical (violent) player, let alone team. Team's can win because they can play soccer or because they are dirty and batter other teams and put fear into them by being thugs. I like the rule. I guess we know where your kid's team lies on this spectrum.

Comment

99.9% of all yellow cards are given for on-field actions. Don't be silly. Teams that are more physical tend to wrack these up like candy and as long as one player does not get two in a game, there are generally no long term repercussions for being an overly physical (violent) player, let alone team. Team's can win because they can play soccer or because they are dirty and batter other teams and put fear into them by being thugs. I like the rule. I guess we know where your kid's team lies on this spectrum.
              My understanding is that if a player obtains 3 yellow cards they must be suspended for one game.

Comment

Of course they are for onfield. The point I was making is that to categorize yellows for violent actions is wrong. If it's violent it should be red. Physical doesn't equal violent.

Yellow cards aren't issued for violent actions red cards are. Yellow are issued for physical but can also be given for diving, persistant fouling, dissent, or shirt pulling. None of those are violent but all are violations of the laws of the game.

Comment

My understanding is that if a player obtains 3 yellow cards they must be suspended for one game.
                  You are correct for every three fouls a HS player needs to sit. If team gets 16 yellows roughly one per game the team is barred from state tournament. Clearly there are ramifications for yellows both at the player and team level

Comment

Refs stink. Wouldn't know what to do with their cards if they had video instruction. Tournament quarter final game. Opposing player goes right through the back of our defender who has the ball leaving our 18, defender goes down in a heap, jumps up angrily, ref steps in. No yellow. No free kick. Guy thinks he's Ghandi or Mandella or somesuch, makes the two shake hands, awards a drop ball just outside our 18. Drops the ball, other team gets it first, kick, score. We go down 0-1. Lose the game by one. Refs stink.

Comment

Refs stink. Wouldn't know what to do with their cards if they had video instruction. Tournament quarter final game. Opposing player goes right through the back of our defender who has the ball leaving our 18, defender goes down in a heap, jumps up angrily, ref steps in. No yellow. No free kick. Guy thinks he's Ghandi or Mandella or somesuch, makes the two shake hands, awards a drop ball just outside our 18. Drops the ball, other team gets it first, kick, score. We go down 0-1. Lose the game by one. Refs stink.
                      If he wants a drop ball give it back to the keeper. What a dotard

Comment

Of course they are for onfield. The point I was making is that to categorize yellows for violent actions is wrong. If it's violent it should be red. Physical doesn't equal violent.

Yellow cards aren't issued for violent actions red cards are. Yellow are issued for physical but can also be given for diving, persistant fouling, dissent, or shirt pulling. None of those are violent but all are violations of the laws of the game.
                        Yellows are generally issued for contact fouls when it is more than just physical. Fouls occur when there is just some physicality; formal warnings (yellow cards) areissued when there is an added element of unsafety or brutality to the foul. You don't get reds in this state unless you punch someone, get two yellows, or occasionally wipe someone out directly from behind with a slide tackle or violent two-handed shove. Of the latter fouls, most reds are still rarely given. Repeated abuses by a team or player warrant penalties to protect all of the teams that are actually out there to try to play decent soccer and not getting into a kick-boxing match. You sound like you are against this policy. For the life of me, I can't understand why; excessive force ruins the game ....watch hockey or rugby instead.

Comment

Yes it's always the refs fault. Score another goal. Problem solved.

Comment

Yes it's always the refs fault. Score another goal. Problem solved.
                            This wasn't a blown call (okay, it was, the foul) insomuch as the ref trying to be a mentor to the players -- not his job to be a blue helmet. Thanks for giving the quarterfinal to the other team in an even match.

Comment

Couldn’t score in 90 minutes is why you lost

Comment

Yellows are generally issued for contact fouls when it is more than just physical. Fouls occur when there is just some physicality; formal warnings (yellow cards) areissued when there is an added element of unsafety or brutality to the foul. You don't get reds in this state unless you punch someone, get two yellows, or occasionally wipe someone out directly from behind with a slide tackle or violent two-handed shove. Of the latter fouls, most reds are still rarely given. Repeated abuses by a team or player warrant penalties to protect all of the teams that are actually out there to try to play decent soccer and not getting into a kick-boxing match. You sound like you are against this policy. For the life of me, I can't understand why; excessive force ruins the game ....watch hockey or rugby instead.
                                I have seen yellows given this year for simulation and two for dissent.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X