Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High school yellow card count

Anyone know where to find yellow card team totals?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Anyone know where to find yellow card team totals?
    As in for a specific team online? Schools are supposed to submit them to CIAC but I don't think they are publicly posted online

If you mean what are the limits. It's 13 for probation and 15 for state tournament elimination

Comment

Yes I was looking to see what teams are in jeopardy of
      being eliminated.

Comment

being eliminated.
        I am not sure that's publicly available. My kids team was briefed where they stood by AD as they had a bunch of cards early

The stupidity of the rule is that refs stop giving yellow cards to teams that are close. Just raise the limit and enforce the rules.

Comment

being eliminated.
          I'd be curious, mostly because I see so few ever hoisted in HS games despite some seemingly obvious infractions

Comment

I'd be curious, mostly because I see so few ever hoisted in HS games despite some seemingly obvious infractions
            Boys or girls. I have a boy. I saw them early but referees are swallowing their whistles now

My theory is that refs don't issue nearly as many yellow in second half of the year as they do in first half. The refs are keenly aware of accumulation rule and don't want teams eliminated

Comment

Are they keenly aware before they get to the game? Or are they made keenly aware right before game time by a worried coach?

Comment

Are they keenly aware before they get to the game? Or are they made keenly aware right before game time by a worried coach?
                That's a good question. Definitely the Coach emphasizes it before the game. However the refs may have a listing that's not public. Any HS refs out there who want answer and lift the veil

Comment

I think they want to avoid controversy or be the reason for a game outcome. I've seen plenty of obvious fouls in the box but they don't call it - god forbid there be a PK!

Comment

Yes refs should not know this information. The honestly lies squarely on the AD to bring it to league officials attention and eliminate themselves from the tournament.

Comment

The refs shouldn't know and shouldn't care. They should simply officiate the game properly. If a team knows the accumulation rule and gets bounced, shame on them and their coach. The game officiating shouldn't be altered or it becomes dangerous, especially on the boys side.

Comment

The refs shouldn't know and shouldn't care. They should simply officiate the game properly. If a team knows the accumulation rule and gets bounced, shame on them and their coach. The game officiating shouldn't be altered or it becomes dangerous, especially on the boys side.
                        If I was a ref and told before a game by a coach that his team was in jeopardy, I think it would have the opposite effect. I think I would then have it stuck in my head that the team were a bunch of criminals looking for kindness. Any close calls would likely then go against said team knowing they have a strong history of violence. If I was the coach, I would put out a stern warning to my players (not the refs) and have a very short leash, especially if it was only 2 or 3 hotheads that were creating this issue.

Comment

how many Shelton threads are we going to have?????

Comment

ridiculous rule. some yellow cards are necessary and tactically smart. the rule should only apply to certain rules violations, not all yellows.

silly american hs rules

Comment

ridiculous rule. some yellow cards are necessary and tactically smart. the rule should only apply to certain rules violations, not all yellows.

silly american hs rules
                              Disagree.
                              The number of " necessary and tactically smart " misconducts are not the major concern.
                              Picking and choosing about what is more egregious complicates the issue.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X