Michael Bradley thought being captain meant being a giant SJW

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2125503How sad and pathetic must some people be to obsess about this.[/QUOTE]

Including the Cheetoh in Chief

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Oh, I accidentally landed in the White Power thread. My bad, it should have been titled differently.

So some athletes choose to stand up for the rights of others . . . whatever. That has nothing to do with on field performance. Go burn your crosses somewhere else. How sad and pathetic must some people be to obsess about this.
      Typical attack plan by the victimisation crowd. With your logic burning a cross would be the same as kneeling for the national anthem.

Comment

I am a Christian and have no problem with the gay lifestyle. Christ, whom you profess to believe in if you are a Christian, did not discuss gays, did he? When he walked the earth preaching, trying to teach us all some important spiritual things? I don't recall it being a particularly big issue for him, if at all. He did have a lot to say about judging others, and he was very anti religious establishment, and I do believe it was some religious establishment that decided something is wrong with the gay lifestyle. And he was kinda sent here to save the world and teach us all what really matters, wasn't he? There are many many Christians who don't believe that God has a problem with the lifestyle of gay people. He created gay people for Christ's sake. (hee hee, pun intended) Please don't speak for Christians like that. You really do create the wrong impression.
        Say it this way then SOME Christians do not agree with the gay lifestyle. Just because someone does not agree does not mean they discriminate.

That is the biggest issue just because I do not agree with you I must not like you and wish you harm. I will not accept you. That is the total bs argument the victimization crowd uses all the time.

In my business, I work with and employ a rainbow collection of people. I learned this in serving my country 11b in the army. There is only one color. That color is Green. In business the same thing is true but now it is about Money.

Comment

Here is a question.

The argument is the by not allowing an NFL player to kneel during the national anthem violating their 1st amendment rights.

You can agree or disagree with that.

The 2nd amendment gives me the right to bear arms. In FL you can get a concealed weapon permit to carry.

My employer does not allow his employees to carry firearms on company property or in company vehicles.

The question is does the employer have the ability to restrict my rights?

Comment

Here is a question.

The argument is the by not allowing an NFL player to kneel during the national anthem violating their 1st amendment rights.

The 2nd amendment gives me the right to bear arms. In FL you can get a concealed weapon permit to carry.

My employer does not allow his employees to carry firearms on company property or in company vehicles.

Yes, just like I could stop you from coming onto my property with a gun.

Comment

Yes, just like I could stop you from coming onto my property with a gun.
              Didn't mean I would stop you with a gun, I would stop you from bringing a gun onto my property. I have the right to not have guns on my property.

Comment

Here is a question.

The nfl said the sons of bitches can kneel and many teams have said they can kneel so they can kneel. If the nfl or the team owner changes their rules then they change their rules.

Comment

Didn't mean I would stop you with a gun, I would stop you from bringing a gun onto my property. I have the right to not have guns on my property.
                  you see my point. NFL players are employees. The US Constitution is about negative rights to prevent government tierney.

It states what the government can not do. That is compared to positive rights constitution that states what a government can do. Example the USSR constitution

Comment

A supposed Christian leader

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...n_5035640.html

Comment

you see my point. NFL players are employees. The US Constitution is about negative rights to prevent government tierney.

It states what the government can not do. That is compared to positive rights constitution that states what a government can do. Example the USSR constitution
                      -No one can force you to stand or say the pledge or sing the anthem (Supreme Court ruling protected free speech)

-The government cannot tell private employers how to handle their employees (unless breaking the law - see point one)

- If the NFL tried to impose standing into player contracts (it is currently not in it) it most likely would never stand up in court. From a labor relations standpoint they know they cannot do it now; the ship has sailed

- The NFL only started the anthem dedication in the late 2000s at the request of the military to pump up support. The easy but chicken solution is to stop having the teams on the field while the anthem is being played. The fans in the stands can do what they want.

- We are one of the few nations that does this at sporting events. Do you heard "God Save the Queen" play before English Premiership games? No.

Comment

The national anthem is played because the league has a right to make its own rules. The NFL is a private and not public entity. Its the same reason that private religious schools can have prayer. Just like any employee at any business, you are free to find other employment if you don't like the rules. The NFL has announced some decisions in the past few days so if you work there you need to follow. I don't like to wear a shirt and tie to my job every day but that's my company's policy so I do it.

Comment

-
                          - If the NFL tried to impose standing into player contracts (it is currently not in it) it most likely would never stand up in court. From a labor relations standpoint they know they cannot do it now; the ship has sailed
                          Wrong. A private company may impose terms or restrictions on its employees in relation to that employment. Constitutional free speech is a right related to what the government cannot do to public actors. NFL players are not public actors, but private. Because they are under contract and not "at-will" employees, they cannot be fired on a whim. Dismissal would need to be proven as a violation of their moral's clause. Same idea if they violate a drug, alcohol, domestic violence, social media, or uniform clause. If it is in the contract, then it must be complied with. The player is not under duress to sign the contract.

Comment

-No one can force you to stand or say the pledge or sing the anthem (Supreme Court ruling protected free speech)

-The government cannot tell private employers how to handle their employees (unless breaking the law - see point one)

- The NFL only started the anthem dedication in the late 2000s at the request of the military to pump up support. The easy but chicken solution is to stop having the teams on the field while the anthem is being played. The fans in the stands can do what they want.

- We are one of the few nations that does this at sporting events. Do you heard "God Save the Queen" play before English Premiership games? No.
                            Sad but the best solution is to just have the players come out after the National Anthem. The players can come out and kneel all they want after the National Anthem. Just don't disrespect the men and women who have fought and died so they can be free in this country. Will these football players and their kids go fight for this great nation in time of war?

Comment

Sad but the best solution is to just have the players come out after the National Anthem. The players can come out and kneel all they want after the National Anthem. Just don't disrespect the men and women who have fought and died so they can be free in this country. Will these football players and their kids go fight for this great nation in time of war?
                              Some veterans are in support of the kneeling players and some are not. Veterans are an enormous group and they have many different opinions.

Kneeling was never a protest about military service in any way. To you the anthem may be about military service but to another person the anthem is about other aspects of being an American. One hundred folks hearing the anthem will have a hundred different thoughts in their heads.

Comment

Some veterans are in support of the kneeling players and some are not. Veterans are an enormous group and they have many different opinions.

Kneeling was never a protest about military service in any way. To you the anthem may be about military service but to another person the anthem is about other aspects of being an American. One hundred folks hearing the anthem will have a hundred different thoughts in their heads.
                                And you just hit the nail on the head. The "protests" have no central message. If a protestor has to spend more time explaining WHY they kneel versus the actual thing they are protesting, then the method of protest is not working. Is it about the plight of the black community, the actions of Trump, anti-military, anti-America...? Like you said, everyone has a different opinion of what the kneeling means. Message lost, anger develops.

If the NFL and its players want to become a new source for political positions, then do something that actually brings attention to the topic, not the method it is being expressed. A moment of silence, a special presentation during the game, banners, etc. They were very successful with the Play 60 program. Everyone understands that. No protests, no confusion.

And just as a side note, with all of this kneeling at the games, has anyone seen a single player announce their new initiatives outside of their protest? Maybe a non-profit? TV commercial? Even a small add in SI or USAToday? Yeah, me either.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X