Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U17 USNT is this the One

I really like this group, your Opnions gentleman.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is a very strong group. Numerous young pros in the group. Sargent is the real deal. The squad is DEEP

The 20s are also very good but I think 17s are deeper.

Right now the outlook is looking up for the younger national teams

Comment

This is a very strong group. Numerous young pros in the group. Sargent is the real deal. The squad is DEEP

The 20s are also very good but I think 17s are deeper.

Right now the outlook is looking up for the younger national teams
      Agree, you see it too.
      Very composed group as an individually talented Ghana pressed, but no surprise to the US coach and players to handle it as those African players always play for themselves and it allows them easily to be shut down. I would have thought the heat would have given Ghana advantage but the US seemed more comfortable
      US will be tested fully against Colombia and should be a good game .

Comment

Agree, you see it too.
        Very composed group as an individually talented Ghana pressed, but no surprise to the US coach and players to handle it as those African players always play for themselves and it allows them easily to be shut down. I would have thought the heat would have given Ghana advantage but the US seemed more comfortable
        To combat the heat, the US has been in India for awhile. The US also used their depth. Durkin was bossing the midfield.

Comment

To combat the heat, the US has been in India for awhile. The US also used their depth. Durkin was bossing the midfield.

In a word, no its not.

Comment

In a word, no its not.
            You used more than one word. Care to use multiple sentences to explain why

Comment

Actually, they spent a lot of time in Dubai getting ready for this tournament.

Comment

"Gentlemen" Hahaha thats funny. "Dirtbags"is more like it.

Comment

You used more than one word. Care to use multiple sentences to explain why
                  I think there are some good players on this team, but Im not convinced they have what it takes. I think they need more in midfield. I thought they got all the breaks today. Clearly you need that, but Im not convinced they are as good as some think.

Comment

I think there are some good players on this team, but Im not convinced they have what it takes. I think they need more in midfield. I thought they got all the breaks today. Clearly you need that, but Im not convinced they are as good as some think.
                    If you are talking CAM or a creative mid I would probably agree. However, up top and in back including CDM they are very good. That can carry a team a long way.

Comment

"Gentlemen" Hahaha thats funny. "Dirtbags"is more like it.
                      Yourself included obviously.

Comment

Agree, you see it too.
                        Considering Ghana beat colombia i dont think this will be a good test for the US. Likely no real competition until the elimination rounds. Likely to meet England or Mexico in second round of those games.

Comment

You all made good points Pro and Con but Colombia should give us an idea of where we are.
                          No disrespect but India team doesn't count but I was impressed by them , tiny in stature they looked young I also love the location and country for this event, the Indian people look to be having fun as they cheer all the teams . They are demonstrating good sportsmanship of all the teams who show skill and creative plays.
                          This was a good decision in that part of the world for FIFA

Comment

Considering Ghana beat colombia i dont think this will be a good test for the US. Likely no real competition until the elimination rounds. Likely to meet England or Mexico in second round of those games.
                            If the US wins group A they play the 3rd team from groups C/D/E If they finish second in group A with a loss to Colombia they play second C

Neither England or Mexico are in those groups. Only way to play England or Mexico from group F is to finish third and that's not possible

Comment

Agree, you see it too.
                              Ghana should've won this game

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X