Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tournament start times

Can someone explain to me why tournaments need to start games at 7 in the morning? Do these money grubbing idiots realize that people work all week and rising at 4:30 on a Sunday to drive an hour across the state for a start time just after dawn is a little bit of a pain in the ass? Do they do this so they can play a championship game at 1 p.m.? How about starting at 10 and playing the title game at 4 or even 5? Soccer is great and all but getting a teen to rise and play at this time is foolish. Youth sports are the only sports who demand their teams to play at this time. Start it later and maybe you'll sell a few more tee-shirts.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can someone explain to me why tournaments need to start games at 7 in the morning? Do these money grubbing idiots realize that people work all week and rising at 4:30 on a Sunday to drive an hour across the state for a start time just after dawn is a little bit of a pain in the ass? Do they do this so they can play a championship game at 1 p.m.? How about starting at 10 and playing the title game at 4 or even 5? Soccer is great and all but getting a teen to rise and play at this time is foolish. Youth sports are the only sports who demand their teams to play at this time. Start it later and maybe you'll sell a few more tee-shirts.
    7 AM is too early. i have seen 8 AM and do not like it but 7 is really bad.

Comment

7 AM is too early. i have seen 8 AM and do not like it but 7 is really bad.
      Lemme guess: CFC Columbus Day Tournament. We have an 8am game.....

Comment

Yep, CFC, aka 3k 2play...mofo's need to get a grip on when to start play. Of course I wouldn't be so angry or tired if I got to wear sweats and sleep until noon every day during the week.

Comment

Yep, CFC, aka 3k 2play...mofo's need to get a grip on when to start play. Of course I wouldn't be so angry or tired if I got to wear sweats and sleep until noon every day during the week.
          Whaaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaaa!

Comment

Said the bloated money grubber from 3k2play

Comment

Said the bloated money grubber from 3k2play
              Don't go. That'll teach em. Or go and enjoy your time with your kid. Either way quit belly aching.
              Not with CFC. So save your cute 2k answer.

Comment

Whaaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaaa!
                Exactly. Entitled Ulittle daddies. Too early. That's a beauty.

Comment

Entitled? Nope just reality from a working class American. 7 am is a start time made by bloated morons who think they can never be called out on anything, including price gouging. Charging 3k2play youth sports is price gouging. Failing to recognize unreasonable tournament start times is bas business. The question was reasonable, your responses are moronic. Any insight you can provide on why tournaments start at 7 a.m. would suffice.

Comment

Entitled? Nope just reality from a working class American. 7 am is a start time made by bloated morons who think they can never be called out on anything, including price gouging. Charging 3k2play youth sports is price gouging. Failing to recognize unreasonable tournament start times is bas business. The question was reasonable, your responses are moronic. Any insight you can provide on why tournaments start at 7 a.m. would suffice.

Comment

Well, you're barking up the wrong tree. I have to get on a train every morning at 6:30, as do plenty of others I'm sure. Some people work the first shift, which begins at 6:00, so quit your crying over having to get up early one day a year to spend time with your kid. Or tell your story walking, because no one cares.

Comment

It's not price gauging when nearly every club charges close to the same. It's called market pricing. No one is forcing you to pay it. You could have your kid play for a cheaper club, but there is a saying that you get what you pay for.

Comment

Well, you're barking up the wrong tree. I have to get on a train every morning at 6:30, as do plenty of others I'm sure. Some people work the first shift, which begins at 6:00, so quit your crying over having to get up early one day a year to spend time with your kid. Or tell your story walking, because no one cares.
                          I get it and I get up before the sun too. That is why I am asking why the need to start so early? Love my child and the game he plays but we may both love it a little more at 10 or 11. Why 7, especially on a day when only one game is definite. Is it to build time in? Or is it just for personal convenience of self-serving organizer(s)?

Comment

It's not price gauging when nearly every club charges close to the same. It's called market pricing. No one is forcing you to pay it. You could have your kid play for a cheaper club, but there is a saying that you get what you pay for.
                            Point taken but I disagree. It's price gouging set by the perception from the name on the shirt.

Comment

Exactly. Entitled Ulittle daddies. Too early. That's a beauty.
                              $100 you've done your fair share of complaining over the years.

7am is absurd. If you have to start that early you've gone cheap on the number of fields and have to cram more games in

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X