Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    In the context of his racist comments regarding Mexicans and the proposed wall only being with Mexico, the intent and who it is directed towards is very clear. Except to folks like you who voted for him.
    Nees flash!!!
    Mexicans are not a race, so by your definition his statements cant be racist
    And the wall allows legal migration to either side so it seems to be directed at illegal activity from anyone coming from that side of the border not just mexicans- so again anti criminal activity not simply anti mexican criminal activity
    So tell me again ,what exactly are you bitching about

Comment

He's the last person you want on your side.
      Not at all- anti ciac gu has staying power and is a true believer in his cause
      He at least doesnt succumb to PC pressure

Comment

Not at all- anti ciac gu has staying power and is a true believer in his cause
        He at least doesnt succumb to PC pressure
        Yes. I do walk the walk.

Comment

Nees flash!!!
          Mexicans are not a race, so by your definition his statements cant be racist
          And the wall allows legal migration to either side so it seems to be directed at illegal activity from anyone coming from that side of the border not just mexicans- so again anti criminal activity not simply anti mexican criminal activity
          So tell me again ,what exactly are you bitching about
          see. it seems there are some "very fine people" who voted for Drumpf too.

Comment

see. it seems there are some "very fine people" who voted for Drumpf too.
            answer the question
            what exactly is your bitch with the wall- are you for criminal activity?

Comment

answer the question
              Not the OP but I'll give this a go. 1) Mexico isn't paying for it. I was promised Mexico would pay for this. I don't want to spend a dime on it. And, it's too expensive. Give us healthcare first. 2) Immigration is effectively zero. 3) It's an ecological nightmare. 5) Like the Maginot line, it's not going to be effective.

Comment

Were the same complaints voiced when others (previous administrations, candidates) advocated for something remarkably similar

Comment

Not the OP but I'll give this a go. 1) Mexico isn't paying for it. I was promised Mexico would pay for this. I don't want to spend a dime on it. And, it's too expensive. Give us healthcare first. 2) Immigration is effectively zero. 3) It's an ecological nightmare. 5) Like the Maginot line, it's not going to be effective.
                  ok at least that a reasonably thought out answer without the usual BS attached
                  1-who pays for is a legit concern -and i can see both sides- also many ways to get the $$$$ from the mexican side
                  2- illegal immigration is certainly not zero the numbers ranges from 11-33 million( not a small number. a lot of other illegal things happen to come across the border as well.
                  3-there are ways to do construction with minimal ecological impact but there will be some for sure
                  4- you skipped it
                  5- the maginot line was a fixed defensive position surrounded by land- the germans simply drove around it(thats the french for you)
                  the wall is a barrier along known routes of transport- it will certainly disrupt and impede
                  the Berlin wall comes to mind-it was pretty effective in keeping westerners out but for them more importantly keep the east germans in- our wall has doors that swing both ways even though those wanting in outnumber those begging to leave

Comment

Custers Last Stand

answer the question
                    Not the OP but here it goes.

It's a bridge to nowhere. We're talking about a 3000 mile border. Think about that for a moment. Oh yeah Mexico is paying for it right?

It's not going to work. As long as there's poverty and money to be made by selling drugs to Gringos they cannot stop it. Where there is a wall, there's a way. Ever heard of tunnels? Guess who's really good at building those? Drug dealers.

We have bigger problems. Our infrastructure is crumbling. Houston can you hear me?

Why stop at Mexico? I'm pretty sure there's more than a few illegal Canadian crossings. No "bad hombres" coming in from Canada you say?

The enemy is within. The biggest Terroristic threat to America democracy is Americans. Stop blaming Mexicans, Muslims, Gays, Liberals, Black Lives Matter, Native Americans, Women rights & Football players.

Comment

1-who pays for is a legit concern -and i can see both sides- also many ways to get the $$$$ from the mexican side
                      2- illegal immigration is certainly not zero the numbers ranges from 11-33 million( not a small number. a lot of other illegal things happen to come across the border as well.
                      3-there are ways to do construction with minimal ecological impact but there will be some for sure
                      4- you skipped it
                      5- the maginot line was a fixed defensive position surrounded by land- the germans simply drove around it(thats the french for you)
                      the wall is a barrier along known routes of transport- it will certainly disrupt and impede
                      the Berlin wall comes to mind-it was pretty effective in keeping westerners out but for them more importantly keep the east germans in- our wall has doors that swing both ways even though those wanting in outnumber those begging to leave
                      Not the op but

1) Ain't no way Mexico is paying for it. Good luck trying to get them to
                      2. Illegal immigration has slowed tremendously and is forecasted to decline this year to due a hostile US president and environment. Two-thirds of illegal immigrants have been in this country for a decade+ http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...on-in-the-u-s/
                      3). Really there isn't an environmental solution - because it's a WALL only birds can get around it. It also impacts US cattle ranchers who regularly cross back and forth over the border with their herds. Many agree it's a stupid idea, even through they want to address immigration and many voted for Trump https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/24/u...hers.html?_r=0
                      4). Other guy skipped #4, but US citizens are going to lose their property because of this absurd wall. http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/03/us/emi...te-land-cases/
                      5. It is estimated (I will grant statistics are tough to come by) that 40% of illegals arrive by air. Many illegals are "overstays" - they enter legally on Visas etc then never leave. A now 5 year old estimate shows Mexicans as only making up about half, the rest coming from much further afield, including places where illegals are likely to fly from (In 2012, 52% were from Mexico, 15% from Central America, 12% from Asia, 6% from South America, 5% from the Caribbean, and another 5% from Europe and Canada https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illega..._United_States
                      Also, border crossings only make up a portion of illegal immigration. http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...ants-come-air/

Comment

4- you skipped it
                        I find it very telling that you use the Berlin Wall as your shining example. History has proven this was a bad if not evil idea that didn't work! I'm sure you remember the celebrations when it was torn down? As a matter of fact I have piece myself.

Comment

Would the wall have helped last Vegas or Orlando or Virginia tech

Comment

Not the op but

1) Ain't no way Mexico is paying for it. Good luck trying to get them to
                            2. Illegal immigration has slowed tremendously and is forecasted to decline this year to due a hostile US president and environment. Two-thirds of illegal immigrants have been in this country for a decade+ http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...on-in-the-u-s/
                            3). Really there isn't an environmental solution - because it's a WALL only birds can get around it. It also impacts US cattle ranchers who regularly cross back and forth over the border with their herds. Many agree it's a stupid idea, even through they want to address immigration and many voted for Trump https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/24/u...hers.html?_r=0
                            4). Other guy skipped #4, but US citizens are going to lose their property because of this absurd wall. http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/03/us/emi...te-land-cases/
                            5. It is estimated (I will grant statistics are tough to come by) that 40% of illegals arrive by air. Many illegals are "overstays" - they enter legally on Visas etc then never leave. A now 5 year old estimate shows Mexicans as only making up about half, the rest coming from much further afield, including places where illegals are likely to fly from (In 2012, 52% were from Mexico, 15% from Central America, 12% from Asia, 6% from South America, 5% from the Caribbean, and another 5% from Europe and Canada https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illega..._United_States
                            Also, border crossings only make up a portion of illegal immigration. http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...ants-come-air/
                            Melania Trump comes to mind...

Comment

Not the OP but here it goes.

It's a bridge to nowhere. We're talking about a 3000 mile border. Think about that for a moment. Oh yeah Mexico is paying for it right?

It's not going to work. As long as there's poverty and money to be made by selling drugs to Gringos they cannot stop it. Where there is a wall, there's a way. Ever heard of tunnels? Guess who's really good at building those? Drug dealers.

We have bigger problems. Our infrastructure is crumbling. Houston can you hear me?

Why stop at Mexico? I'm pretty sure there's more than a few illegal Canadian crossings. No "bad hombres" coming in from Canada you say?

The enemy is within. The biggest Terroristic threat to America democracy is Americans. Stop blaming Mexicans, Muslims, Gays, Liberals, Black Lives Matter, Native Americans, Women rights & Football players.
                              Nice rant.

You didn't answer the question. This isn't a new idea, it's been advocated for some time by lots of political leaders. What was the thoughts then?

Comment

Nice rant.

You didn't answer the question. This isn't a new idea, it's been advocated for some time by lots of political leaders. What was the thoughts then?
                                China built the great wall. Hadrian built Hadrian's wall. Walls are awesome. Can we paint it blue?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X