Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Curriculum is over rated in club soccer. You should have a philosophy and a style of play. you should have certain requirements as well. After that you should train your team to play its best together.

I have been around trainers that have a "curriculum". They spend to much time with the lesser players.
    op here - yes that's a better way to describe it. In the case of DA there are complaints that the curriculum is too rigid and is increasingly turning out robots instead of creative, thinking players. Be careful what you wish for right?

Comment

So it must be OW. A curriculum is great, ideal in fact, IF it is a good curriculum, IF it is followed, IF coaches know how to teach it. Not sure any of that applies at OW.
      There is no set curriculum for OW or DA either. They dont tell you that week 4 in U14 should be focusing on this or that. The curriculum is that you just have to scribble down some notes before each practice before you step on the field ..... in general it would go something like this every day:

1.) Warm-ups and dynamic stretching (off field) - 20 minutes
      2.) Small group tehcnical training - 20 minutes
      3.) Small-sides games (2v1, 3v2, 3v3, 4v4) - 25 minutes
      4.) Scrimmage - 25 minutes

Amazing ... sounds like what other clubs do and it varies greatly by club and by coaches within said clubs. OW does not do the same thing every year for U12s and certainly OW is not doing the same things this week as Galaxy, Red Bulls, and DC United across their age groups. Give me a break. Do the unicorns fart pretty pink cotton candy in your world too?

Comment

There is no set curriculum for OW or DA either. They dont tell you that week 4 in U14 should be focusing on this or that. The curriculum is that you just have to scribble down some notes before each practice before you step on the field ..... in general it would go something like this every day:

1.) Warm-ups and dynamic stretching (off field) - 20 minutes
        2.) Small group tehcnical training - 20 minutes
        3.) Small-sides games (2v1, 3v2, 3v3, 4v4) - 25 minutes
        4.) Scrimmage - 25 minutes

Amazing ... sounds like what other clubs do and it varies greatly by club and by coaches within said clubs. OW does not do the same thing every year for U12s and certainly OW is not doing the same things this week as Galaxy, Red Bulls, and DC United across their age groups. Give me a break. Do the unicorns fart pretty pink cotton candy in your world too?
        Yet the pro GDA, anti-ECNL types love to tout GDA/DA in general as having a curriculum and standard; that it makes it superior to ECNL. So which is it?

Comment

Yet the pro GDA, anti-ECNL types love to tout GDA/DA in general as having a curriculum and standard; that it makes it superior to ECNL. So which is it?
          My point was that they do not. Any that say they do should provide me the link of what U13 players should be learning this year please.

Comment

My point was that they do not. Any that say they do should provide me the link of what U13 players should be learning this year please.
            We have spent a great deal of time thinking this over and generating these detailed youth soccer curriculums over the past decade. Our clubs don't follow them, but your kids should. They are goodly!

http://www.mayouthsoccer.org/coaches/session_plans/

Love,
            Tab, April, Sunhil, and the rest of the US Soccer staff

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X