Girls HS needs 4 divisions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great thought on the potts idea, which goes along with my post from earlier this week about having a scrimmage of the top talent to reward them...recognition among peers is important, as it often provides validation for people who know the game but don't perform as well with varsity kickball squads...

Comment

I like those ideas. Could selection could be a ballot submitted by coaches and voted on by coaches within the divisions? This way a mediocre player on a bad team would not get the nod over a good player on a good team who already happened to have a couple kids named, and is therefore left off! A great talent like the Johnston girl from d3, along with others, would still get in too. You could make it so nobody can vote for their own players, but you could submit them along with jersey number and position (?????)

Comment

Great comment on the varsity kickball squads! The worst part about it is that the majority of high school coaches can't even tell the difference between the premier players trying to do the right thing, and the kids who score by taking wild shots 1 out of 5 times (almost all random and high with no touch or placement, and finding the net simply because most keepers are unable to reach high enough)!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          The Barrington argument is interesting because missing those girls is completely killing them this year. I watched a few of their games last year and the freshmen striker scored a bunch of goals having to share time with a senior who wasn't nearly as good. The Yale commit is a center back for her club and will play that position in college, but for some reason played the midfield. I'm not a Barrington parent, So I don't know why she played out of position. As a coach, it's difficult to sit a senior or junior, particularly a popular one, for a more talented frosh. Can be a chemistry problem on the field and in the stands as well. So coaches opt to play upper class to avoid that problem.
          I know you are entitled to your opinion, and you made some good points, but to suggest that last year's frosh Allstate selection was a stretch, was quite frankly way off. There were not 10 better field players. Not by a long shot. I think the BC offer shows that.
          Boy, Barrington getting a ton of press this year on TS.Com, great to see that, well-deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            I like those ideas. Could selection could be a ballot submitted by coaches and voted on by coaches within the divisions? This way a mediocre player on a bad team would not get the nod over a good player on a good team who already happened to have a couple kids named, and is therefore left off! A great talent like the Johnston girl from d3, along with others, would still get in too. You could make it so nobody can vote for their own players, but you could submit them along with jersey number and position (?????)
            I don't know how the "Twin State" rosters are formed recently for the VT-NH annual matches, but I believe they held a one day tryout (by invitation) and a group of the HS and maybe college coaches (not sure on keeping straight of any compliance issues) - so you could make it bigger (go to 3rd team nods and maybe 2d team at D2). I think though it was only seniors so it's not necessarily the "best", just the best of the seniors.

A charity cross-divisional game within RI could be simpler.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X