X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please stop using OYSA as saturday homework

Tracy/Erik,
    Please stop this. You've destroyed so many games saturday/sundays for so many families with your homework for your private training students. Every academy track player that trains with you ends up using their club games on the weekend as ball possession homework to the detriment of their team. My sons team lost three games in the oysa league because two academy bound acolytes used their oysa games as ball possession practice that you prescribed. I'm not disputing these kids ability or selection to the academy its just the destruction that your players are bringing to their club teams. I understand and agree with the philosophy of individual player development versus the team focus but you have sabotaged so many oysa games that its become very noticeable.

So I am asking you to on this forum to stop doing this. No more, practice to see how long your trainees can keep the ball in oysa games. I understand its a skill that all good players need to develop but stop doing during oysa games with you trainees.

How do you think all the rest of the kids and parents feel when your academy bound players performs his possession homework during the state cup and they barely win against a team they should have destroyed and they only won because they brought in a kid that has the "knack for scoring".

My second question is for Jo at ADF, I understand why you have agreed to be gatekeeper for the TA but I hope you are getting enough compensation for this service because once the majority of the community understands your role in this process, you will lose your credibility. For anyone that doesnt take my meaning, ADF was obviously tapped as the stepping stone to the TA for the 04 and 05 age groups. Theres no way that this was just happenstance when the concentratction of talent at these age groups is that obvious, there was obvious some collusion between the players, adf and TA as 3/4 of the 04 and 05 teams for adf are now at the TA.

The butthurt is strong with this one ^^^

Comment

Olive branch

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Tracy/Erik,
      Please stop this. You've destroyed so many games saturday/sundays for so many families with your homework for your private training students. Every academy track player that trains with you ends up using their club games on the weekend as ball possession homework to the detriment of their team. My sons team lost three games in the oysa league because two academy bound acolytes used their oysa games as ball possession practice that you prescribed. I'm not disputing these kids ability or selection to the academy its just the destruction that your players are bringing to their club teams. I understand and agree with the philosophy of individual player development versus the team focus but you have sabotaged so many oysa games that its become very noticeable.

So I am asking you to on this forum to stop doing this. No more, practice to see how long your trainees can keep the ball in oysa games. I understand its a skill that all good players need to develop but stop doing during oysa games with you trainees.

How do you think all the rest of the kids and parents feel when your academy bound players performs his possession homework during the state cup and they barely win against a team they should have destroyed and they only won because they brought in a kid that has the "knack for scoring".

My second question is for Jo at ADF, I understand why you have agreed to be gatekeeper for the TA but I hope you are getting enough compensation for this service because once the majority of the community understands your role in this process, you will lose your credibility. For anyone that doesnt take my meaning, ADF was obviously tapped as the stepping stone to the TA for the 04 and 05 age groups. Theres no way that this was just happenstance when the concentratction of talent at these age groups is that obvious, there was obvious some collusion between the players, adf and TA as 3/4 of the 04 and 05 teams for adf are now at the TA.

As a olive branch to the timbers academy for my previous post, I would like to suggest they check out Juan Alvarez who is on the books at PacNW but its my understanding that he actually lives in Herminston, OR. I saw this guy play last years regional camp and he is a serious player.

Comment

The butthurt is strong with this one ^^^
        Your anal fixation is very telling. Troll for that stuff somewhere else. Please we don't "butthurt" perverts here. I invite you to F-the off because soccer isn't about buttlove. Im not sure why you would think that but you are a pervert to post that on a youth soccer site.

Comment

Your anal fixation is very telling. Troll for that stuff somewhere else. Please we don't "butthurt" perverts here. I invite you to F-the off because soccer isn't about buttlove. Im not sure why you would think that but you are a pervert to post that on a youth soccer site.
          Hey, Yo, I hope this is just some yahoo sounding off because if it isn't .... I can find you!!! Its not really that hard.

Comment

As a olive branch to the timbers academy for my previous post, I would like to suggest they check out Juan Alvarez who is on the books at PacNW but its my understanding that he actually lives in Herminston, OR. I saw this guy play last years regional camp and he is a serious player.
            Ya, I mean after, all the OR players that make up the U12-U15 teams are no longer good enough for the U-18 team and are cut. That is if he hasn't moved to WA and become a Sounders product which is what will happen when he is old enough if the timbers don't move now. He's probably the best player in OR at his age right now.

Comment

Tracy/Erik,

I would suggest that this is a matter you should take up with your coach.

Do you know for a fact that this is occurring (I have no idea if it does or does not)? If it is, does your OYSA team's coach approve of this sort of thing?

Just because the "academy bound" player on your team might be an over-dribbler (and some certainly are), doesn't mean that said player has been instructed by a PT to play streetball in league games. If trainers are telling kids to do that, in defiance of what their team coaches might say, that is certainly uncool--but then it is incumbent on the coach to lay down the law, and make clear that when wearing the club uniform, one plays within the team framework.

My DS's coach certainly doesn't tolerate that sort of selfish play, and has benched talented players for repeatedly refusing to pass the ball when it ought to be passed. Don't think there were any PTs involved, just kids viewing league games as a chance to show off their l33t skillz.

But if the players on your team are being ballhogs, that's a problem for your coach to solve. It's the trainer's job to train the individual player on technique. It's the team coaches job to coach the team, and to set the boundaries and expectations regarding wins vs development, and team cohesion vs individual improvement. And if the coach needs to have a conversation with the trainer, so be it.

Comment

I think the poster was using butthurt not in any sexual way, more colloquial.

That said, the OP was right. You have an axe to grind. And guess what? TA people won't care. Nobody does. State Cups are fun. OYSA is fun. Being good at soccer is fun. Whining about this stuff on a forum like this is pointless, and honestly feels selfish. Sorry.

Comment

Tracy/Erik,

I can’t address your first part - but I can address your Joa issue. I can tell you unequivocally that ADF has nothing to do with the TA. There are no back door agreements or slight of hand. ADF had to rebuild its 05 and 04 teams after players were enticed to leave the club. Some were drawn by a coach who left and went to TA and others left before TA even began. None of that even involved Joa. ADF trains a certain type of player with a certain type of parent and sometimes those parents have very unrealistic expectations of their kids abilities and go when the winds shift. I’m not Joa but there’s a long backstory to those leaving to the TA thats buried in these pages.

Comment

I would suggest that this is a matter you should take up with your coach.

Do you know for a fact that this is occurring (I have no idea if it does or does not)? If it is, does your OYSA team's coach approve of this sort of thing?

Just because the "academy bound" player on your team might be an over-dribbler (and some certainly are), doesn't mean that said player has been instructed by a PT to play streetball in league games. If trainers are telling kids to do that, in defiance of what their team coaches might say, that is certainly uncool--but then it is incumbent on the coach to lay down the law, and make clear that when wearing the club uniform, one plays within the team framework.

My DS's coach certainly doesn't tolerate that sort of selfish play, and has benched talented players for repeatedly refusing to pass the ball when it ought to be passed. Don't think there were any PTs involved, just kids viewing league games as a chance to show off their l33t skillz.

But if the players on your team are being ballhogs, that's a problem for your coach to solve. It's the trainer's job to train the individual player on technique. It's the team coaches job to coach the team, and to set the boundaries and expectations regarding wins vs development, and team cohesion vs individual improvement. And if the coach needs to have a conversation with the trainer, so be it.
                    I didn't post this to bitch but as a warning for younger groups because you might not recognize it when it happens and then you may discount it. Believe me, this is a warning after the fact for team members of TA bound players trying to understand why the player just dribbled into the corner even though he was marked by 5 or 6 players. The answer is their private trainer (RoseCityPreP) Tracy Hasson and Erik Miller tasked them with homework to work on ball possession. They have been doing this for years but most people don't realize it before its a mute point. Which is why I posted the original post. Save yourTA practice for your TA practice, keep you TA practice out of OYSA games!!!!

Comment

I didn't post this to bitch but as a warning for younger groups because you might not recognize it when it happens and then you may discount it. Believe me, this is a warning after the fact for team members of TA bound players trying to understand why the player just dribbled into the corner even though he was marked by 5 or 6 players. The answer is their private trainer (RoseCityPreP) Tracy Hasson and Erik Miller tasked them with homework to work on ball possession. They have been doing this for years but most people don't realize it before its a mute point. Which is why I posted the original post. Save yourTA practice for your TA practice, keep you TA practice out of OYSA games!!!!
                      The other part of the post that I didn't address is the ability of the TA 04kids. I wish it wasn't it wasn't an obvious collusion between ADF04, the parents and the TA coaches (Tracy/Erick) to just move the majority of the team en masse into the TA. I acknowledge they are all excellent players but not the best because they had to settle for what they could get.

The funny thing is none of these kids are actually good teammates. ADF is not about building a team. It never was, it was about being a placeholder for the TA to give the TA bound kids an OYSA experience with some private training experience. ADF was the best team in OR because they had the best individual players at most of the positions, bar none. PCU beat or tied them every time they played them because PCU kept their focus on their team and goal of winning the game rather than performing their private training homework.

Comment

The other part of the post that I didn't address is the ability of the TA 04kids. I wish it wasn't it wasn't an obvious collusion between ADF04, the parents and the TA coaches (Tracy/Erick) to just move the majority of the team en masse into the TA. I acknowledge they are all excellent players but not the best because they had to settle for what they could get.

The funny thing is none of these kids are actually good teammates. ADF is not about building a team. It never was, it was about being a placeholder for the TA to give the TA bound kids an OYSA experience with some private training experience. ADF was the best team in OR because they had the best individual players at most of the positions, bar none. PCU beat or tied them every time they played them because PCU kept their focus on their team and goal of winning the game rather than performing their private training homework.
                        The fall out at ADF is the kids that didn't make the TA or the mexican academy they tried out for and then are stuck playing with a diluted second team at the premier level. They still have a lot of good players but they have yet to build a good team. ADF focus on building a good team from your private training players rather than being a conduit/placeholder for the TA and you will build a successful club and you will squash the "flyby night" comment.

Comment

I can’t address your first part - but I can address your Joa issue. I can tell you unequivocally that ADF has nothing to do with the TA. There are no back door agreements or slight of hand. ADF had to rebuild its 05 and 04 teams after players were enticed to leave the club. Some were drawn by a coach who left and went to TA and others left before TA even began. None of that even involved Joa. ADF trains a certain type of player with a certain type of parent and sometimes those parents have very unrealistic expectations of their kids abilities and go when the winds shift. I’m not Joa but there’s a long backstory to those leaving to the TA thats buried in these pages.
                          I understand your post but why did the majority of the kids that got tapped for the 2004 TA academy team suddenly move to ADF from westside, crossfire, and PCU the season before the TA selections were made? I ask this facetiously because I know several of the families and the answer is "we moved to make the TA academy next year".

Great group of players that got recruited to a club to consolidate the soccer talent that ultimately failed but everyone is sticking with it because none of them will TA material by U18 anyway, Its really about fulfilling the letter of the law rather building something real. If you can't earn money from your youth academy then this wont change.

Comment

Agree with your comments.

A dad with deep pockets who wanted to build the ADF team around his son. Was he able to buy his way into the TA?

Because the OP was so wrong on ADF, I would question the the "Erik/Tracy" comments. It is not just a Erik/Tracy thing. Many kids who private train are encouraged by there trainers to be a little more selfish on the ball to justify the training dollars spent by the parents. At the end of the day, if it is a problem then the team coach should address it. I don't think you will get much from the trainer.

Comment

Agree with your comments.

A dad with deep pockets who wanted to build the ADF team around his son. Was he able to buy his way into the TA?

Because the OP was so wrong on ADF, I would question the the "Erik/Tracy" comments. It is not just a Erik/Tracy thing. Many kids who private train are encouraged by there trainers to be a little more selfish on the ball to justify the training dollars spent by the parents. At the end of the day, if it is a problem then the team coach should address it. I don't think you will get much from the trainer.
                              There is no "misjudgment" on the Tracy/Erik comment. I've been there and seen everything first hand at the edge of the training field and understood what I was seeing on the field on the weekend. I don't disagree with the need for that type of training but its not right to use the oysa games as trainings and not disclose this to your teammates.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X