Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The reason why Natick has not had much success in the past is because they didn't have the players and when they did, the former coach didn't know how to coach them properly. Please tell me of this arrogance you claim? What players have been arrogant? If it's the coach, then it's unfair to group the players with him.
    That's a good point to make. I've never heard a bad word about any of those players, never thought negatively about them when I've seen them play (and I certainly have watching some other teams, players and coaches, who I think condone dirty play or berate officials non-stop and so on). Fair to criticize JB for all sorts of things, there's certainly enough of that on this site for all to see, but for the players it's undeserved IMO.

Comment

I brought up MTOC because the core of that team is the core of the high school team. The fact that you can't see the correlation just shows how narrow minded you are and are more about negativity that you are anything else. Nothing you wrote in your post was complimentary of the team. The reason why Natick has not had much success in the past is because they didn't have the players and when they did, the former coach didn't know how to coach them properly. Please tell me of this arrogance you claim? What players have been arrogant? If it's the coach, then it's unfair to group the players with him. What high school does your child attend, or do you just come and stalk threads and spew negativity?
      You are an idiot. They were knocked out in the prior coaches' last two seasons by a very strong Needham team in games that went down to the wire. Same thing happened in JB's first year. You were probably one of the toolbags in the AD's office calling for the prior coaches' head because she wouldn't roster in the mid 20s and kept your overrated kid on JV.

Comment

You are an idiot. They were knocked out in the prior coaches' last two seasons by a very strong Needham team in games that went down to the wire. Same thing happened in JB's first year. You were probably one of the toolbags in the AD's office calling for the prior coaches' head because she wouldn't roster in the mid 20s and kept your overrated kid on JV.
        Thank you for proving my point.

Comment

Thanks for this post. Did the previous coach only coach for two years before JB joined or were they there for a few more years? The reason I bring it up is that you have a coach who has been in the program for three years and in that time, he has taken them to a South Sectional final. I believe it's the furthest in team history and this year they have a chance to go undefeated. I have to believe that there have been equally talented players and teams that have come and gone, so I could see why the OP would make the comment about the coach. The difference that I see is that you have a coach who understands the game a lot better and has has taken many of the USSF courses. I don't think the previous coach has any certification, so there's no shame in the new coach being better and having more success.

Comment

Thanks for this post. Did the previous coach only coach for two years before JB joined or were they there for a few more years? The reason I bring it up is that you have a coach who has been in the program for three years and in that time, he has taken them to a South Sectional final. I believe it's the furthest in team history and this year they have a chance to go undefeated. I have to believe that there have been equally talented players and teams that have come and gone, so I could see why the OP would make the comment about the coach. The difference that I see is that you have a coach who understands the game a lot better and has has taken many of the USSF courses. I don't think the previous coach has any certification, so there's no shame in the new coach being better and having more success.
            Different poster -- I think there's plenty to criticize the previous coach for and why a change was made. No question that JB stepped into a program with a lot of talent. I think you could argue that the same level of talent and depth had not come through the program year after year when the last coach was there.

Comment

This is coach's 3rd year. The current senior class as a whole is outstanding. The coach walked into a situation where the group of girls were extremely strong. He can take all the credit he wants for this group's success as he walks away to the club scene next year. Actually might have mentally checked out in the preseason. Too bad we won't be able to witness his coaching skills of developing players.

Would like to see game tape of sectional finals against WH last year focusing just on the coaches and their different styles. Game came down to PKs and one team was prepared and one wasn't. One coach yelled and berated his players. One coach encouraged and talked strategy. Hopefully it's not just the girls who learned something from last year's tournament run.

Comment

This is coach's 3rd year. The current senior class as a whole is outstanding. The coach walked into a situation where the group of girls were extremely strong. He can take all the credit he wants for this group's success as he walks away to the club scene next year. Actually might have mentally checked out in the preseason. Too bad we won't be able to witness his coaching skills of developing players.

Would like to see game tape of sectional finals against WH last year focusing just on the coaches and their different styles. Game came down to PKs and one team was prepared and one wasn't. One coach yelled and berated his players. One coach encouraged and talked strategy. Hopefully it's not just the girls who learned something from last year's tournament run.
                First if the coach didn't practice PKs before tournament he's an idiot. Secondly the only thing you need to know is if the player can handle the pressure. 3 of the 4 could not while all the opponents PKs went in. You can have all the talent in the world but if you fold during a big moment your not a great team. JB can claim his mythical championship.

Comment

if you are suggesting that the WH coach knows tactics and knows how to develop players you are crazy.

Comment

if you are suggesting that the WH coach knows tactics and knows how to develop players you are crazy.
                    No I'm not suggesting anything and yes I am crazy. I am only going on what stood out to me during that game. Both teams were very good.

Comment

First if the coach didn't practice PKs before tournament he's an idiot. Secondly the only thing you need to know is if the player can handle the pressure. 3 of the 4 could not while all the opponents PKs went in. You can have all the talent in the world but if you fold during a big moment your not a great team. JB can claim his mythical championship.
                      And that is what will cost Natick this year. There will be a game that is tied late and they will tighten up. Coach sets the tone

Comment

Looks like it was 4-2 in PK, but point taken:

11/13/16--17:26: Whitman-Hanson kicks its way to Div. 1 South title

MILFORD –- Normally, Whitman-Hanson relies heavily on juniors Lauren Bonavita and Taylor Kofton to lead the way. To keep its season alive Sunday, however, it was a pair of sophomores who carried the day.

Sammi Smith notched the game-winning goal in penalty kicks and goaltender Skylur Kuzmich played stellar in net as the third-seeded Panthers captured the Division 1 South title over No. 1 Natick, 1-0, in a shootout.

Whitman-Hanson will face Central Catholic in the state semifinals on Wednesday at 5 p.m. at Manning Field in Lynn.

“We know it usually comes down around that fourth shooter and Sammi was there for a reason,” said Whitman-Hanson coach David Floeck. “Cool, calm and just placed it right in there and actually all of (the penalty-kick takers) ... and (Kuzmich) comes up with the huge save.”

While Whitman-Hanson (20-1-1) controlled play throughout the second half, the Panthers couldn't get a shot past Natick keeper Ashley Bianco (10 saves).

And after a scoreless overtime, the game headed into penalty kicks, where Gwyn Godin and Bonavita traded goals to begin the shootout.

The next shot for Natick (19-2) rang off the post and Kuzmich (10 saves) stonewalled the following attempt. Meanwhile, Katie Korzec and Kofton converted their chances to put Whitman-Hanson in the driver's seat.

"I was just waiting for that moment to step forward and make the save,” Kuzmich said. “I read where she was going to shoot and I got there and I knew they would put it away so we could end it.”

Smith put an end to the penalty kicks in the fourth round by confidently stepping forward and putting a low shot into the corner for the victory.

"I was nervous, but I knew if I placed it where I usually place it then it was going to go in,” Smith said.

Comment

And that is what will cost Natick this year. There will be a game that is tied late and they will tighten up. Coach sets the tone
                          Playing in a weak BSC will hurt them as well. They haven't been challenged and as the #1 seed everyone who plays them will have nothing to lose.

Comment

OK, we should see just how good Bishop Feehan is. They have Medway and Brookline, both good teams, left on the schedule. I have to admit, I admire them scheduling two games like that just before the tournament.

Comment

OK, we should see just how good Bishop Feehan is. They have Medway and Brookline, both good teams, left on the schedule. I have to admit, I admire them scheduling two games like that just before the tournament.
                              Feehan had a great run, but they no longer have the NT goalie

Comment

Know many of the players and their families. They still think they won the south last year. Coach continually spouting off how the best team didn’t win. A little humility goes a long way. As far as the Stars thing I think it’s disgusting how they interject their club politics into the high school season. It wasn’t that long ago that Stars was convincing their players to forgo HS and now their little network of HS/Stars coaches are banding together to make sure high school awards are given predominantly to their club players. I couldn’t agree more that there are some excellent players on Natick that would be recieving the attention they deserve if their club affiliation was different. That goes for other Stars coaches from around the state as well and not just that clown JB.
                                1/3 of the parents are insufferable and have been for some time. Ran the last coach out of town when their Mia’s didn’t make varsity. Wept more than the kids when they lost last year.

Apple’s don’t fall far from the tree.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X