Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slow Xavi View Post
    3four3 is a legitimate blog devoted to youth soccer, by 2 brothers who have done some amazing things in youth soccer in s.cal (one is the primary blogger, the other the primary coach).

I don't agree with all aspects (the blog at times borders on being flame throwers), but it is an interesting read and I think influences a number of posters on this forum (some of the tone and even quotes come straight from the blog).
    I completely agree with this person. I have posted links to 3four3 (I might have been the first poster of this particular link) and believe that, although too harsh for some, their results really can't be argued with not only in team results but performances.

It's safe as long as you are willing to hear their brutally honest feelings about the current state of club soccer/parents/refs in the US. By the way, to all of you new to them, if you don't like what they preach, I would suggest you just not visit their site anymore...

Comment

Enjoy your ride to the middle

In couldnt agree more. Currently we have a culture of soft, coddling Soccer Mums and this is one reason why many of our players are stiff, weak, not creative and most importantly, lacking toughness. But thanks Soccer Moms; thanks for creating minimum playing times in rec soccer.Thanks for promoting a juicebox atmosphere around a globally tough sport. Thanks for making sure every player, early on, gets a trophy or medal and No one is left feeling out. Thank you for ensuring mediocrity and equality at the cost of performance and responsibility.

Which is why ZERO talk on this board of DD / DS players surrounds making it abroad, to any international teams of merit....only..."blah blah blah, my kid is playing a division one school, blah, blah blah". Who cares if thats all we produce...really, who cares?

US Soccer Moms legacy is truley an Army of wusseys led by General Mommy and, as such, will never produce a nation of top soccer players. Ever wonder why you dont hear the phrase "Football Mom" here in the US...hmmmm.? The NFL produces excellent athletes in their area. Face it, Moms, in general, are not known for instilling toughness, mental otherwise. Soccer Moms need to buck up or bow out.

I await your "this poster just crazy" rhetoric and responses instead of debating this question specifically. Let the obfuscation begin...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        In couldnt agree more. Currently we have a culture of soft, coddling Soccer Mums and this is one reason why many of our players are stiff, weak, not creative and most importantly, lacking toughness. But thanks Soccer Moms; thanks for creating minimum playing times in rec soccer.Thanks for promoting a juicebox atmosphere around a globally tough sport. Thanks for making sure every player, early on, gets a trophy or medal and No one is left feeling out. Thank you for ensuring mediocrity and equality at the cost of performance and responsibility.

Which is why ZERO talk on this board of DD / DS players surrounds making it abroad, to any international teams of merit....only..."blah blah blah, my kid is playing a division one school, blah, blah blah". Who cares if thats all we produce...really, who cares?

US Soccer Moms legacy is truley an Army of wusseys led by General Mommy and, as such, will never produce a nation of top soccer players. Ever wonder why you dont hear the phrase "Football Mom" here in the US...hmmmm.? The NFL produces excellent athletes in their area. Face it, Moms, in general, are not known for instilling toughness, mental otherwise. Soccer Moms need to buck up or bow out.

I await your "this poster just crazy" rhetoric and responses instead of debating this question specifically. Let the obfuscation begin...
        Mmmmmmmmmm hhhhhhmmmmm!

Comment

Who cares if our kids can't compete internationally or regionally? Honestly I think that maybe 3 families out of every 500 really care about this. It'd be nice, but 99% of the families passing through these programs don't meet these goals and most have a great time.

I'm only involved with my daughters soccer for her to have fun and to learn important lessons. I got her college fund covered thanks to a few investments that paid off.

The obsession with competing with Seattle, SoCal, internationally all reminds me of the people putting their kids in to beauty contests at 8 years old. Jon Bonet Ramsey stuff.

Creepy.

Comment

Who cares if our kids can't compete internationally or regionally? Honestly I think that maybe 3 families out of every 500 really care about this. It'd be nice, but 99% of the families passing through these programs don't meet these goals and most have a great time.

I'm only involved with my daughters soccer for her to have fun and to learn important lessons. I got her college fund covered thanks to a few investments that paid off.

The obsession with competing with Seattle, SoCal, internationally all reminds me of the people putting their kids in to beauty contests at 8 years old. Jon Bonet Ramsey stuff.

Creepy.
            Honestly, don't think that it's fair to call all of us who wish to demand our children be taught with a goal to compete against those teams creepy. Maybe you talking about your investment is creepy. My daughter's college will be paid off after I win Powerball.

Comment

Honestly, don't think that it's fair to call all of us who wish to demand our children be taught with a goal to compete against those teams creepy. Maybe you talking about your investment is creepy. My daughter's college will be paid off after I win Powerball.
              Have you ever seen one of those beauty pageants? Creepy. Just like some soccer parents.

So toughen up your kids. Yell at them. Scream at them. Demand disciplined high intensity training. Live soccer. You'll toughen them up. You'll show those kids that want to just have fun that this is NOT ABOUT HAVING FUN. This is serious. Watch the Todd Marinovich documentary. This is what we need more of. Mean, nasty mom's that withhold affection and emotional affirmation unless the kids perform. Not nice parents that try to teach balance and happiness. Happiness will only come if your club team can compete in Europe and not just compete, but WIN. Everything else, the laughing, the friendships .etc, are all baloney. It just creates whimpy, soft kids. Yuck.

Comment

Creepy.
                Have you ever seen one of those beauty pageants? Creepy. Just like some soccer parents.

So toughen up your kids. Yell at them. Scream at them. Demand disciplined high intensity training. Live soccer. You'll toughen them up. You'll show those kids that want to just have fun that this is NOT ABOUT HAVING FUN. This is serious. Watch the Todd Marinovich documentary. This is what we need more of. Mean, nasty mom's that withhold affection and emotional affirmation unless the kids perform. Not nice parents that try to teach balance and happiness. Happiness will only come if your club team can compete in Europe and not just compete, but WIN. Everything else, the laughing, the friendships .etc, are all baloney. It just creates whimpy, soft kids. Yuck.

Comment

sorry for the double post..

Comment

Yay! Awards and Trophies for Everyone!!! Viva Mediocrity!

General Wussy! Private Pansey reporting for duty!

Freakin juicebox moms...Go find another hobby and stop screwing up soccer.

Comment

I think the point is that if you & your kid are just in it for the fun, fitness & friendships, then why not play rec soccer? We have many rec minded (& ability) players and parents in our club who are there so they can brag that their child is playing "club" and push for equal playing time, playing in lower levels in tourneys so their child can play more and have a better chance to win a medal, complain to the coaches to make practices easier and earlier so as not to tire little Suzie too much, miss practices and games for sleepovers & bday parties, etc. The club tries to find a balance between the two so they don't lose members and both sides of the fence end up not being fully happy.

Comment

Bye!

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                        i think the point is that if you & your kid are just in it for the fun, fitness & friendships, then why not play rec soccer? We have many rec minded (& ability) players and parents in our club who are there so they can brag that their child is playing "club" and push for equal playing time, playing in lower levels in tourneys so their child can play more and have a better chance to win a medal, complain to the coaches to make practices easier and earlier so as not to tire little suzie too much, miss practices and games for sleepovers & bday parties, etc. The club tries to find a balance between the two so they don't lose members and both sides of the fence end up not being fully happy.
                        a m e n to that! For the love of god, please take your rec needs and rec player and leave the clubs alone.

Just because you can afford it, does not mean you belong in competitive club soccer. Btw, club is not violin practice.....its not ok to skip practices, skip games, not attend training because its freakin raining out, and complain when your kid rides the pine. To those parents, we all want you to leave, no one is brave enough to tell you so i will- go!

Comment

Uneducated Soccer Moms

Todd played F O O T B A L L. Can you say Football? This discussion board is for Soccer. S O C C E R. Can you say Soccer?

Comment

Todd played F O O T B A L L. Can you say Football? This discussion board is for Soccer. S O C C E R. Can you say Soccer?
                            Yeah. I saw that documentary. I don't see what's wrong with pushing your kid to be the very best. Look the guy played in the nfl. The fact that he ended up with with a hard drug habit and in prison had nothing to do with his parents pushing him.

Wussies. You don't play competitive soccer for "fun", even if you are winning. You play to be the very best and play top quality soccer. That is the only time your precious little kid will have fun. You whimps are creating soft whimpy kids.

Football and psycho parents in beauty parents have nothing to do with soccer.

My kid is on a strict eating and workout regimen. He wanted to quit soccer because it was "hard". But I did the right thing and taught him a lesson. He won't ever talk back to me again. He'll thank me when he is older.

This topic and the stupid soft moms makes me so angry I could spit blood.

Comment

Yeah. I saw that documentary. I don't see what's wrong with pushing your kid to be the very best. Look the guy played in the nfl. The fact that he ended up with with a hard drug habit and in prison had nothing to do with his parents pushing him.

Wussies. You don't play competitive soccer for "fun", even if you are winning. You play to be the very best and play top quality soccer. That is the only time your precious little kid will have fun. You whimps are creating soft whimpy kids.

Football and psycho parents in beauty parents have nothing to do with soccer.

My kid is on a strict eating and workout regimen. He wanted to quit soccer because it was "hard". But I did the right thing and taught him a lesson. He won't ever talk back to me again. He'll thank me when he is older.

This topic and the stupid soft moms makes me so angry I could spit blood.
                              Epic.

Comment

Look at any pro player. I bet they had strict upbrings. That's what I'm talking about. No juiceboxes and gummy bears. I bet someone took a rod to them. You can get more out of SOCCER with vinegar than with honey. Quit the BS and good us all a favor. Leave. We have goals for our kids and you are in the way. We'll be competing with at higher levels if we can just get you wussie parents out of the way.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X