X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    sniffle sniffle

Does it hurt that bad?? So your kid is not among the best at soccer in your local area - this is no reason to let others see your shame and humiliation. Perhaps there is something that they actually do well. You should support them for that.
    What a tool. My kid is not in DA because there is no DA club near us. Period. I've seen DA games and the players are nothing special - you could go to any major city in Florida and get the best one or two players off every rec team in the City and have a team as competitive as any DA team. The problems with DA were evident during this year's world cup campaign - American Soccer is still way behind and DA has not done anything to improve the situation because 1) there are too few teams 2) geographically, they are too spread out to be an option for many kids and 3) its too expensive. As long as DA is in place, the U.S. team will continue to flounder. DA is there to make money for US soccer - not to develop players.

Comment

What a tool. My kid is not in DA because there is no DA club near us. Period. I've seen DA games and the players are nothing special - you could go to any major city in Florida and get the best one or two players off every rec team in the City and have a team as competitive as any DA team. The problems with DA were evident during this year's world cup campaign - American Soccer is still way behind and DA has not done anything to improve the situation because 1) there are too few teams 2) geographically, they are too spread out to be an option for many kids and 3) its too expensive. As long as DA is in place, the U.S. team will continue to flounder. DA is there to make money for US soccer - not to develop players.
      excuses, if your kid is good enough an MLS DA will house him. Kendall's GK is in ATL this year, there are multiple kids from Boca who play for the Timbers DA, the Union have kids in their DA from all over the country, RSL have their own housing and high school for the players to attend. Stop using geography as a petty excuse, if you want Timmy in a DA because he is good enough, you can find him one.

Comment

excuses, if your kid is good enough an MLS DA will house him. Kendall's GK is in ATL this year, there are multiple kids from Boca who play for the Timbers DA, the Union have kids in their DA from all over the country, RSL have their own housing and high school for the players to attend. Stop using geography as a petty excuse, if you want Timmy in a DA because he is good enough, you can find him one.
        Not the OP but geography is a very real issue. Opportunities for players to reside elsewhere are very limited. Some MLS clubs are starting residency programs but it is very few. Hopefully it will grow but obviously it's a huge investment on the part of the clubs and some clubs won't do it. Also, at what age are families willing to ship their kids off, if ever? Most families can't uproot themselves and move to opportunities either.

There's only a limited number of MLS clubs anyway. All of DA should be free if they really want this to work.

Comment

Play DA or play club ....They all end up in the USL or NASL anyway because MLS is for aging foreigners and you cant become a pro player practicing two hrs 4 x a week only. MLS is only business nobody will invest in young players they need results now.
          American parents need to realize if you want to be a soccer player you need to skip high school or at least just barely go to high school and skip college altogether. Does anyone here think that the kids playing the U17 world cup go to school ? You need to be willing to take that risk if doesn't work out you go to school at age of 25. DA is for players who want to play in college not become pro. Want to become pro move to another country

Comment

Its not an excuse - its common sense. While would I drive my kid two hours a day, four days a week to a DA program? Are you really telling me the solution to the problem is for my kid to play at a club where he never practices with his team, and never works out with the coach who will be at the game, and just shows up for games? Bet the other kids really think that's fair, and I'm sure there is great on field chemistry. You must have never played the game. My Timmy tried out, was offered a spot on the team, and we declined because 1) it involved too much travel, 2) its way too expensive for what you are getting (same quality of coaches and facilities for the non-mls program we looked at) and 3) I just don't see DA as being a "magic bullet" that will get him where he wants to be in life. With straight A's since middle school we don't need soccer to help with college. Parents who truck their kid around the state on week days are acting in their best interests, not their kids'.

Comment

Its not an excuse - its common sense. While would I drive my kid two hours a day, four days a week to a DA program? Are you really telling me the solution to the problem is for my kid to play at a club where he never practices with his team, and never works out with the coach who will be at the game, and just shows up for games? Bet the other kids really think that's fair, and I'm sure there is great on field chemistry. You must have never played the game. My Timmy tried out, was offered a spot on the team, and we declined because 1) it involved too much travel, 2) its way too expensive for what you are getting (same quality of coaches and facilities for the non-mls program we looked at) and 3) I just don't see DA as being a "magic bullet" that will get him where he wants to be in life. With straight A's since middle school we don't need soccer to help with college. Parents who truck their kid around the state on week days are acting in their best interests, not their kids'.
              apparently reading the post was difficult for you. If your kid was good enough, you wouldn't have to drive him anywhere, there are a number of MLS DA's that house players from all over the country, like the examples in the post. And it wouldn't be expensive at all because it would be free. But to the original "tool" you were talking to point, little timmy just isn't good enough

Comment

The only truth here is that your kid is not in DA - period! LMAO

DA weeds out the lesser players. Quit blaming and shaming your kid for not being elite. Stop being so mad that others have more talented kids. :)

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                  excuses, if your kid is good enough an mls da will house him. Kendall's gk is in atl this year, there are multiple kids from boca who play for the timbers da, the union have kids in their da from all over the country, rsl have their own housing and high school for the players to attend. Stop using geography as a petty excuse, if you want timmy in a da because he is good enough, you can find him one.
                  truth!!!!

Comment

Your kid is not good enough to make a DA. deal with it. LOLOLOLOL

Comment

The only truth here is that your kid is not in DA - period! LMAO

DA weeds out the lesser players. Quit blaming and shaming your kid for not being elite. Stop being so mad that others have more talented kids. :)
                      lol DA weeds out bad players. Have you watched many DA games, especially at the pay to clubs? DA is not the exclusive club it pretends to be. It's Macy's but thinks it's Neiman Marcus

Comment

Your kid is not good enough to make a DA. deal with it. LOLOLOLOL
                        you drank the DA Koolaid lol lol lol lol lol lol. DA does not capture all the talent in this country, not even close. Hope it works out for your kid. It would be a shame to give up HS soccer and possibly other sports and have him end up at some middling program where he could have gotten into the school on grades alone

Comment

you drank the DA Koolaid lol lol lol lol lol lol. DA does not capture all the talent in this country, not even close. Hope it works out for your kid. It would be a shame to give up HS soccer and possibly other sports and have him end up at some middling program where he could have gotten into the school on grades alone
                          So your kid is playing club soccer and you spend all your time in DA threads? How could you possibly know anything about DA?? So very sad that you feel like you kid is less because of this. Wake up and support him for at least competing. Its a great sport and club soccer and kids with average talent have their place in it.

Comment

https://youtu.be/3beI0f8G-3A

Someone show this to the USSF ,maybe we can start copying the best.

Comment

Well since DA is crap and your Timmy was offered a DA spot we can only presume that he is nothing special either. Might as well save yourself some cash and just play rec with those one or two city rev kids who are just as good anyway.

Comment

So your kid is playing club soccer and you spend all your time in DA threads? How could you possibly know anything about DA?? So very sad that you feel like you kid is less because of this. Wake up and support him for at least competing. Its a great sport and club soccer and kids with average talent have their place in it.
                                Agree. Will never understand the parents who have so much difficulty accepting their kids performance or level of play. For kids that don't have top level talent - what is the problem or issue playing on a solid club team??

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X