Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    16/17 Wow 0-5 lose to IMG. Weston maybe you guys should go play HS and not play DA anymore. That looks like your level. Or maybe the Weston club should get rid of the players that do play HS and refresh their team with girls that really want to play at a high level and follow rules of the DA game. Remember girls have to leave the DA program to play high school. So the club has the option to refuse them from coming back to the club and program. They can fill in with better players and rid themselves of problem players. What a door opening for clubs.
    If their teams are like those in Jax, Tampa, Orlando then the barrel is empty. All the best players are on the team and the replacements will not be an improvement. I congratulate those girls for doing what they want to do. The club new what they were getting. GDA should be for 12-18 clubs nationally. I don't think the rest really want it.

Comment

If their teams are like those in Jax, Tampa, Orlando then the barrel is empty. All the best players are on the team and the replacements will not be an improvement. I congratulate those girls for doing what they want to do. The club new what they were getting. GDA should be for 12-18 clubs nationally. I don't think the rest really want it.
      Yea do what you want, that's how you play the game. Colleges like seeing that also. Players that want to do it their way because they have rights. Congratulate them for for doing it on the sly. Colleges love those players. Shows them how to work the system on the field and in school, ha even in life. That's what we want to see.

Comment

Yea do what you want, that's how you play the game. Colleges like seeing that also. Players that want to do it their way because they have rights. Congratulate them for for doing it on the sly. Colleges love those players. Shows them how to work the system on the field and in school, ha even in life. That's what we want to see.
        #TheWestonWay

Comment

#TheWestonWay
          There are no stinkin rules for us , we do what we want whenever we want

Comment

how did the 18/19 gda do vs. IMG?

Comment

So...all those girls that are playing HS soccer are sitting out GSA practice and games until the school season is over, right? That is clearly stipulated by US Soccer....you can play school soccer if club allows, but you can't play both at same time.

Here is USSF word on it

Depending on the club’s training plan and personal development plan for the particular player, the club may decide that having the player engage in another sport during the Academy season might not be beneficial to their growth in the game, but those decisions are all on the clubs discretion and should be discussed with the club’s staff members/coaches. Also, engagement in another sport may take the player out of meeting the necessary training and competition requirements set forth by the Academy (minimum training 4x per week, regular season games, Academy Showcase/Playoff events).

As far as playing High School, with the girls’ Academy having its first season kickoff in the fall of 2017, we are allowing for a grace period where girls wanting to play high school can do so without the need of a waiver. If a player does decide to play high school soccer they are not able to play on their Academy team during the high school season. The player would only be able to rejoin their Academy team upon conclusion of their high school season.

For example, if the high school season is during the spring, the player would be able to play on their Academy team during the Fall, Winter, and upon the high school season ending. Players are not permitted to play both Academy and High School during the same time. It is important that the player has a conversation with their Academy club regarding participating in High School sport, so that the club is aware and can plan accordingly.

The waiver process is being determined when it will go into effect, but is currently set to start for the 2020-21 season. This waiver process would require a player to submit a written letter by the school’s head master or principle describing to us in detail why it is the player is required to participate in middle/high school soccer (i.e. player is receiving a scholarship to play sport, playing a sport is a requirement in the school’s curriculum).

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Best,

cid:image004.jpg@01D20E77.DAE2F610

U.S. Soccer Development Academy
              girlsacademy@ussoccer.org / o: 312.808.1300

www.ussoccer.com / www.ussoccerda.com

Twitter / Facebook / Instagram / YouTube

Comment

U18/19 Boca United, Weston, IMG, WFF and United SA are not good teams. This has to be the worst grouping of teams for a high-level league I have even seen. Total waste of time and money for these families to be spending on youth soccer. It's awesome that these girls are playing soccer and are decent players, but why the need for these kids to travel outside the area? Again, I think the time that these kids are putting into the travel along with 4 nights of training isn't going to help them in the long run. Getting good training and playing in a local/state league would have been good enough. Having kids travel 6 hours to get beat by 9 goals is foolish. Going outside the area for these teams won't make them better. Going forward I don't see a change in level and this will be the case every year. By the time the kids get to U18/19 they are shot, and it's not a good mentality to be heading into college. I see this in the boys DA too, but not as much as in the girls game. This is part of the problem with US Soccer.

Comment

U18/19 Boca United, Weston, IMG, WFF and United SA are not good teams. This has to be the worst grouping of teams for a high-level league I have even seen. Total waste of time and money for these families to be spending on youth soccer. It's awesome that these girls are playing soccer and are decent players, but why the need for these kids to travel outside the area? Again, I think the time that these kids are putting into the travel along with 4 nights of training isn't going to help them in the long run. Getting good training and playing in a local/state league would have been good enough. Having kids travel 6 hours to get beat by 9 goals is foolish. Going outside the area for these teams won't make them better. Going forward I don't see a change in level and this will be the case every year. By the time the kids get to U18/19 they are shot, and it's not a good mentality to be heading into college. I see this in the boys DA too, but not as much as in the girls game. This is part of the problem with US Soccer.
                  Yes , the girls need to start relaxing not over training and preparing for 3 months of intense soccer - lol , the college system needs a re vamp too

Comment

I hope you are not surprised about this... They are in their last year of youth soccer... a lot of very DA capable players decided to stay with their current team... a lot of them are already committed and don't need the extra exposure... It is not a surprise to anyone since the GDA is at it's first year and it will take time to settle and get the best of the best to ALL go that route (if that even ever happens...) My daughter decided to do it... she knew about the HS soccer thing, she knew she would be facing stiff completion and that is what she decided to do... she was probably wishing more girls would take the same decision and that her team would be more competitive, but at the end of the day, that was her decision and she is sticking with it.

Comment

I am not saying they shouldn't be training hard 3 or 4 times a week. Their club should have an established training program up until they leave for college preseason. The club should also be helping the play set goals; it’s not just being committed, but making an impact when you get on campus.

The travel involved is foolish. It could be all done on a state level and for much less cost. The burden of travel involved in this sport is crazy. Many times a good athlete plays multiple sports at a young age. The structure of how soccer is being run is causing parents to guide their child away from soccer to sports with less aggravation. It's not just pay to play that is an issue, it is the time away from home and family that is just as much of a problem with soccer and the current structure.

Comment

How did Weston match up against the North Carolina teams?

Comment

Games were all competitive

Comment

1 win
                            5 losses
                            2 ties

17 goals against
                            5 goals for

Comment

1 win
                              5 losses
                              2 ties

17 goals against
                              5 goals for
                              They are missing the nc courage - Weston u14 game , maybe the Weston u14s won by 12 and it’s an even goal differential weekend...

Comment

Weston won 2-0 I believe

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X