Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    if $$ is the problem, do what colombia does. futsal until 11 or 12. then soccer. futsal costs close to zero. once you get to levels like DA at 13 or 14, ussf should be funding alot more. Agree.

No matter what avenue someone thinks of to circumvent the current structure, there will be people who see the opportunity, package it, sell and own it. Hell, I get several futsal tournament invites in my inbox every year and every one of them cost $$$.

Same with 3v3 tournaments. One of our U11 came back from state tourney on a 3 day weekend. Entry, gas, hotel, food.....

Like you line of thinking though.

Comment

Sorry y'all but little by little this IS becoming a soccer nation. Maybe Billie Bob in Georgia doesn't realize it, but Atlanta's MLS team has one of the highest attendance in the league. Also, sorry to inform you, but anglos will be a minority shortly. And the majority of the country will consider soccer their favorite sport. There's a lot of talk about the best athletes not taking up soccer thus our failure in the global stage. It doesn't take just an athlete, it takes an athlete being able to make split second decisions all the time. In other words, 11 Quarterbacks. Not all athletes have that IQ. It's ok though, it takes time. There is one NBA, one NFL, and whatever hockey league (Notice I didn't mention Baseball, which is dying...who has the time?) But there is the MLS (low paying for now), but look at all the other countries in Europe and South America which pay very well and better than any US sport if you're special...Messi and such... anyway the country is changing and if you don't realize it, it's ok... your kids will probably be playing soccer after you're gone. Or your grandkids.
      Do you think that the MLS will ever give out contracts like the one Messi/Neymar are getting? Those players are pretty much considered the best in the world and that's what it takes to make that kind of money in soccer.

Steph Curry/Russel Westbrook are both getting 40+ mil a year and although they are considered great, they are not considered the best in the NBA. Hell, Lamarcus Aldridge on the SA Spurs just extended his contract and is going to be getting 24+ mil a year for the next 3 years and he has been getting bashed the last 3 seasons because he hasn't been producing. The monitery value of the leagues and players is so lop sided at the moment that it will be hard to Soccer to bridge that gap anytime soon, especially with making parents/kids pay so much money to even come close to having an opportunity for DA/Scouts/College/NT/etc.

Comment

No matter what avenue someone thinks of to circumvent the current structure, there will be people who see the opportunity, package it, sell and own it. Hell, I get several futsal tournament invites in my inbox every year and every one of them cost $$$.

Same with 3v3 tournaments. One of our U11 came back from state tourney on a 3 day weekend. Entry, gas, hotel, food.....

Like you line of thinking though.
        American Greed at its finest. Everyone wants to line their pockets instead of just doing something for the good of others.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X