How did thornz acad end up such a mess?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look, I am getting really tired of the judgment and nastiness about OUR choice to do Thorns Academy. Our player was on a dead end TA team - she knew it, the other parents knew it, the coaches knew it. She was head and shoulders above her teammates, and there was no way they were going to catch up to her.

Thorns Academy offers her a chance to play with girls of her own level. Is it a tiny bit of fun to go back and blow out the old TA teams? I would be lying if I said it wasn't. But she is having fun and we aren't blowing our budget and putting her on an airplane every weekend like we would be doing if she played ECNL.

And as far as ECNL goes, I very much doubt it's ECNL parents posting here. She has friends with both ECNL clubs. They are nice families and seem happy where they are and more or less disinterested in Thorns Academy. Which is fine with us too. We don't all have to like the same flavor of ice cream to get along, and we don't have to all choose the same soccer path to get along.

I think the nastiness on this thread and board overall is coming from those who were left behind. And I offer zero apologies to them. Your kid isn't as talented as mine. She didn't work as hard as mine. She didn't want to win as much as mine. So enjoy the beatdowns you have earned when you play Thorns Academy, ECNL, or any out of state team. You are second tier and that's what happens to second tier teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Look, I am getting really tired of the judgment and nastiness about OUR choice to do Thorns Academy. Our player was on a dead end TA team - she knew it, the other parents knew it, the coaches knew it. She was head and shoulders above her teammates, and there was no way they were going to catch up to her.

Thorns Academy offers her a chance to play with girls of her own level. Is it a tiny bit of fun to go back and blow out the old TA teams? I would be lying if I said it wasn't. But she is having fun and we aren't blowing our budget and putting her on an airplane every weekend like we would be doing if she played ECNL.

And as far as ECNL goes, I very much doubt it's ECNL parents posting here. She has friends with both ECNL clubs. They are nice families and seem happy where they are and more or less disinterested in Thorns Academy. Which is fine with us too. We don't all have to like the same flavor of ice cream to get along, and we don't have to all choose the same soccer path to get along.

I think the nastiness on this thread and board overall is coming from those who were left behind. And I offer zero apologies to them. Your kid isn't as talented as mine. She didn't work as hard as mine. She didn't want to win as much as mine. So enjoy the beatdowns you have earned when you play Thorns Academy, ECNL, or any out of state team. You are second tier and that's what happens to second tier teams.
      This has to be click bait. Hard to believe that a parent on any team at any level would write this.

Comment

Merry Christmas, Salem Superstar's mom!

BTW, she ain't that good. Just saying...

Comment

Merry Christmas, Salem Superstar's mom!

BTW, she ain't that good. Just saying...
          Your jealousy is ugly. Enjoy your rec league team.

Comment

Your daughter obviously isn't very good friends with ECNL players because no one in ECNL is getting on a plane every weekend. Depending on your age the flights that will be taken in 2016-17 season range from 2 flights - 5 flights in the entire season

Comment

Your daughter obviously isn't very good friends with ECNL players because no one in ECNL is getting on a plane every weekend. Depending on your age the flights that will be taken in 2016-17 season range from 2 flights - 5 flights in the entire season
              Right. So about $2500 extra in airfare and travel/coaching expenses. This changes at U16 though.

Comment

You got me there. I was speaking in hyperbole. It also wouldn't bust our budget if she decided to do ECNL either. I was just pointing out what we like about Thorns.

Comment

OYSA games don't count.
                  FWRL games don't count.
                  Beaverton cup is embarrassing.

How did someone think this was a good idea?
                  Nothing wrong with that. Why do you even care?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1964335]Nothing wrong with that. Why do you even care?[/QUOTE

People should understand the punchline of a joke.

Comment

OYSA games don't count.
                      FWRL games don't count.
                      Beaverton cup is embarrassing.

How did someone think this was a good idea?
                      Are they playing any high level competition?

Comment

It's girls soccer..No one cares.

Comment

Silver bracket in Vegas is about as good as it will get this year. Promises for much better next year. Hopefully they will deliver. Lots of anxiety about wasting a year of potential recruiting time.

Comment

Beaverton cup is the lowest rated tournament. But it will assure a trophy. That's important. Wins are important.

Comment

Beaverton cup is the lowest rated tournament. But it will assure a trophy. That's important. Wins are important.
                              ....but the 99s couldn't even win that. Guess they should've been playing in the 00 age group.

Comment

....but the 99s couldn't even win that. Guess they should've been playing in the 00 age group.
                                Hey that's enough of that. We are a non traditional team. The traditional rules of soccer don't apply to us. Consider yourselves lucky we aren't rostering Timbers academy players. Come to think of it...signing off now. I need to email Eric about a very important idea I just had.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X