Inter merge with AC CT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me get this right. InterCT, a program who charges $3200 even for HS players (who only play winter and spring) and their U23 team can't win a game (take a look at the U23 fall 2020 season https://events.gotsport.com/events/r...der=Boys&Age=0) are merging/collaborating with ACCT, who didn't even win their U23 bracket??

I don't understand why parents let these clubs take advantage of them. Can someone please explain this?

Comment

I don't think the quickly put together U23 league which allowed college players to get some game time has much to do with this.

Looks like the USL are looking for U17 players to get involved with their State's franchises at a time when bringing in new players across the country or other countries is difficult and finances are a strain on each USL club. (Hartford Athletic lost a lot of money last year)

Not sure what the hate is in providing a free to play program which leads to senior soccer.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Let me get this right. InterCT, a program who charges $3200 even for HS players (who only play winter and spring) and their U23 team can't win a game (take a look at the U23 fall 2020 season https://events.gotsport.com/events/r...der=Boys&Age=0) are merging/collaborating with ACCT, who didn't even win their U23 bracket??

I don't understand why parents let these clubs take advantage of them. Can someone please explain this?
        Inter threw that team together last minute for college kids stuck at home with Covid. What did you think would happen with it, The Dream Team? And has been pointed out it's not a merger, just a possible pathway from Inter to AC's USL team. Both are perfectly solid clubs, good especially for younger kids. Both have had some good players come from there. That's all. There's lots of other clubs too and no one is putting a gun to parent's heads to pick them over the others.

Comment

Inter threw that team together last minute for college kids stuck at home with Covid. What did you think would happen with it, The Dream Team? And has been pointed out it's not a merger, just a possible pathway from Inter to AC's USL team. Both are perfectly solid clubs, good especially for younger kids. Both have had some good players come from there. That's all. There's lots of other clubs too and no one is putting a gun to parent's heads to pick them over the others.
          So did the other teams! Revolution, AcCT, Hartford, and soccerviza did exactly the same thing and were able to find better talent. Something is wrong here and parents are paying attention to this. In the end, AC will take over inter, that's their real plan

Comment

Lame jab. Two well known large clubs that have been around for awhile. Both solid places for younger players but neither are in the top high school aged leagues
            Exactly and they play on plush grassed fields on the spectacular All Saints field. Bring your studded galoshes

Comment

So did the other teams! Revolution, AcCT, Hartford, and soccerviza did exactly the same thing and were able to find better talent. Something is wrong here and parents are paying attention to this. In the end, AC will take over inter, that's their real plan
              Not the poster but I put no stock in a Covid team. All depends on what players are around and want to play.
              Most took anyone not just alumni.

Management at both clubs are all old friends. Maybe they merge later on, maybe not

Comment

So tired of sharing San Siro.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X