Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don't want to speak for all CFC parents, but I'd say for many the frustration is that it appears the owners and coaches don't give a **** about the players since they don't want to go to any tournaments, they don't want to clear the fields, and they generally don't care to help any of the girls get recruited other than the top 5 who didn't really need any help anyway. Just saying.
    I’ve heard this before about the recruiting-Why would they not want to help get girls get recruited? It only reflects better on their program. That’s what they advertise- that CFC is where you go if you want to play college soccer. If they don’t get girls recruited then they need to change their marketing.

Comment

I’ve heard this before about the recruiting-Why would they not want to help get girls get recruited? It only reflects better on their program. That’s what they advertise- that CFC is where you go if you want to play college soccer. If they don’t get girls recruited then they need to change their marketing.
      your kid just isnt as good as you think she is.

College soccer is dead....it wont come back. Colleges arent going to support it anymore....tat is one good thing that came out of the pandemic

Comment

Parents- reality check - no club by name or coach gets your kid recruited - kids get recruited because they are legit players who developed under healthy circumstances and had opportunities for being seen. CFC in and of itself is not a golden ticket. Playing and training in high level environments assuming your kid wants that does. CFC will never change their model. Any kid who has been recruited put in the work has skill has drive and is coachable. You parents are used to buying your kids what they want but in this arena you get what you pay for. Beyond that it is up to your kid. So stop crying to CFC brass that they failed you. CFC takes anyone with a checkbook. You drank the cool aide mom so chill.

Comment

Parents- reality check - no club by name or coach gets your kid recruited - kids get recruited because they are legit players who developed under healthy circumstances and had opportunities for being seen. CFC in and of itself is not a golden ticket. Playing and training in high level environments assuming your kid wants that does. CFC will never change their model. Any kid who has been recruited put in the work has skill has drive and is coachable. You parents are used to buying your kids what they want but in this arena you get what you pay for. Beyond that it is up to your kid. So stop crying to CFC brass that they failed you. CFC takes anyone with a checkbook. You drank the cool aide mom so chill.
          You really think coaches don’t influence in the recruiting process?

Comment

You really think coaches don’t influence in the recruiting process?
            Keep looking for the answer as to why your kid ain’t recruited other than the mirror and your little princess. College coaches don’t pick from a certain club they pick players who demonstrate what they are looking for. You have to play the game wisely mom. Coaches are not going to help you because you suck up or your kid bosses like a bitch on field. They will however tell a college coach who inquired if your kid or you are a boss bitch or dad which in today’s slim pickings you best beware sabotages the whole process. Do go back to your car stop worrying about whose recruited and have a realistic conversation with yourself in rear view mirror while your kid is boss bitching at everyone on CFC field. And by the way grab a shovel we need help clearing fields so your little princess can push everyone around this weekend.

Comment

Keep looking for the answer as to why your kid ain’t recruited other than the mirror and your little princess. College coaches don’t pick from a certain club they pick players who demonstrate what they are looking for. You have to play the game wisely mom. Coaches are not going to help you because you suck up or your kid bosses like a bitch on field. They will however tell a college coach who inquired if your kid or you are a boss bitch or dad which in today’s slim pickings you best beware sabotages the whole process. Do go back to your car stop worrying about whose recruited and have a realistic conversation with yourself in rear view mirror while your kid is boss bitching at everyone on CFC field. And by the way grab a shovel we need help clearing fields so your little princess can push everyone around this weekend.
              Angry dad syndrome...eeesh.

Comment

No one should go into the process thinking clubs will hold your hand. They won't. Most of the work falls on the shoulders of the players and their families. Clubs might give you some guidance on soccer fit and make some phone calls on your behalf, but that's about it. If your club can't be bothered with those two key but not very difficult things you're definitely at the wrong club.

Families should look over their club's alumni lists and see how many grads are actually playing in college. That will tell you if the club does a good job guiding players on soccer fit. If a club has flashy lists but half the players aren't on the roster after sophomore year? Not so much. The academic fit is solely your issue.

Comment

your kid just isnt as good as you think she is.

College soccer is dead....it wont come back. Colleges arent going to support it anymore....tat is one good thing that came out of the pandemic
                  Not for the women's side and not unless Title 9 changes, Soccer is the easiest way to meet Title 9 requirements and it's one of the most popular female sports, aside from basketball. Cuts being made with men's and women's sports are mostly the less popular sports like tennis, golf, swimming etc. Those sports also tend to lean more affluent white.

Comment

Removing snow and ice from a turf field is not a simple process. It can be done if, and only if, (1) the warranty and turf specs allow it; (2) you have the correct removal equipment (hint you are going to leave 1/4 to 1/2 inch of ice/snow that will have to melt/drain off (3) you have melt of the snow/ice in the granules and melt of ice in the drain system; (4) You can safely remove all snow/ice taken from the field to some other unaffected area. So, if you are using a school field, as an example, you would have to use equipment that would not harm the field or ant track that encircled the field. You would also need to remove all snow and ice from the field area.

You need drains cleared so the last 1/4 to 1/2 inch has somewhere to go as it melts. Otherwise you are just playing on ice.

Comment

Removing snow and ice from a turf field is not a simple process. It can be done if, and only if, (1) the warranty and turf specs allow it; (2) you have the correct removal equipment (hint you are going to leave 1/4 to 1/2 inch of ice/snow that will have to melt/drain off (3) you have melt of the snow/ice in the granules and melt of ice in the drain system; (4) You can safely remove all snow/ice taken from the field to some other unaffected area. So, if you are using a school field, as an example, you would have to use equipment that would not harm the field or ant track that encircled the field. You would also need to remove all snow and ice from the field area.

You need drains cleared so the last 1/4 to 1/2 inch has somewhere to go as it melts. Otherwise you are just playing on ice.
                      CFC brass trying to talk their way out of removing snow because they are cheap. Another CFC spin. No snow removal and no lights but plenty of rubbish excuses

Comment

Always interesting to speculate who wants to come on here and take it so personally when you criticize a club. I mean, what parent would feel so invested in some club that they spew this crap? I assume you're either a CFC owner or one of the parents who has their head stuffed far up the a ss of one of the owners to get your kid ahead.

Comment

Always interesting to speculate who wants to come on here and take it so personally when you criticize a club. I mean, what parent would feel so invested in some club that they spew this crap? I assume you're either a CFC owner or one of the parents who has their head stuffed far up the a ss of one of the owners to get your kid ahead.
                          Yup.. right on

Comment

CFC brass trying to talk their way out of removing snow because they are cheap. Another CFC spin. No snow removal and no lights but plenty of rubbish excuses
                            Snow is going to be gone by Sunday, you'll need something else to complain about. Better yet, how about you leave now.

If I owned a turf field there's zero chance I'd plow it.

Comment

Snow is going to be gone by Sunday, you'll need something else to complain about. Better yet, how about you leave now.

What does Oakwood and FSA do? Just curious do they plow?

Comment

Not without special equipment which an average club won't have. I've got grass popping up in my yard, well into the 40s today, tons of rain tomorrow and in the low 50s. Such a non issue except for the CFC club basher. It's New England and this is how it works - some winters you get lucky, others you don't

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X