Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    "Plenty of money". Wow, you are completely off base. The information about soccer scholarships are readily out there. If you think plenty of money is on average $9k - $12k (yes this is for top recruits coming out of the northeast), than good for you. Coming up with the remaining money owed to the school each year is on the athlete/family.

Playing D1 ball is a full time job and stepping into that commitment for $9k-$12k (below minimum wage) with your eyes half closed is stupid. If a kid loves the sport wonderful but being owned by the school for pennies on the dollar is something each athlete needs to go into with their eyes wide open and understand that they are at the school to prepare for their careers. Focus should be on being well rounded and educating yourself for when you are done playing.
    I don't know a single kid that is getting less than 50%, most are getting more. I guess we just hang in different circles...

Comment

I don't know a single kid that is getting less than 50%, most are getting more. I guess we just hang in different circles...
      Bullcrap, name someone who graduated in the past 10 years and name the school. Athletic money only I am speaking of.

50% athletic money for soccer? Hah, you are on some serious meds.

Your math is not in the realm of reality.

Comment

LOL, the math doesn't support such nonsense.

Comment

Bullcrap, name someone who graduated in the past 10 years and name the school. Athletic money only I am speaking of.

50% athletic money for soccer? Hah, you are on some serious meds.

Your math is not in the realm of reality.
          umm almost every committed player on my D's team was the 1st or 2nd commit to their school, they are the ones who get the $$$. Same with my son's lax team. Like I said, different circles...

Comment

What’s going on at Barca Academy NY?

umm almost every committed player on my D's team was the 1st or 2nd commit to their school, they are the ones who get the $$$. Same with my son's lax team. Like I said, different circles...
            thats incredible and congrats!!!

Comment

All you nuts chasing the very limited money in D1 soccer for both males/females. Tell your kids to get great grades and who cares about D1 sports. Check out the burn ratio after the first year.

Really is this your kids dream or for you to brag to your meaningless buddies?
              Unless a kid is one of the handful of best in the country, much better investment to go to a real college whose degree matters than go to a soccer "school" whose degree is a joke.

Comment

Unless a kid is one of the handful of best in the country, much better investment to go to a real college whose degree matters than go to a soccer "school" whose degree is a joke.

Exactly!!

Comment

Weird, I'm looking at schools where players from my kid's club committed-Stanford, Indiana, Illinois, Syracuse, Dartmouth, Wake Forest, Villanova, Boston University, Maryland, UPenn, George Washington, Binghamton...and that's just a few from the 2 current classes still in the recruiting process. I'd say those degrees will "matter"...different circles.

Comment

Weird, I'm looking at schools where players from my kid's club committed-Stanford, Indiana, Illinois, Syracuse, Dartmouth, Wake Forest, Villanova, Boston University, Maryland, UPenn, George Washington, Binghamton...and that's just a few from the 2 current classes still in the recruiting process. I'd say those degrees will "matter"...different circles.
                    You're so full of shyt. Please post link supporting your nonsense. Otherwise, STFU.

Comment

You're so full of shyt. Please post link supporting your nonsense. Otherwise, STFU.
                      Feel free to take a gander at Susa's FB or Insta or take a look at TDS for the 2003s & 2004s, this is all public knowledge. Hate to keep saying it but...different circles.

Comment

Sounds like someone was made big promises and his kid got nowhere.

Comment

Your statements are accurate and exactly why youth sports is a $15 billion business. Sell parents on the "dream". Nightmares are dreams and if you aren't prepared that's what you will be living. People rather spend $10k per year believing they are building a college bound full ride player than use their money much more wisely.
                          Is it okay to spend the money if you got it, asking for a friend.

Comment

Stanford and Dartmouth (and U Penn if you go to Wharton) are real colleges. The others not so much.

Comment

Stanford and Dartmouth (and U Penn if you go to Wharton) are real colleges. The others not so much.
                              Lol, OK!

Comment

Puh-lease, you'd chop off your left arm for your kid to go to any one of those schools (maybe not Bing, but that's it). Your envy is pathetic

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X