Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where does the team dues really go?

With all that's going on with Covid my child's team has done a fraction to what is in the club contract. The team admin continues to collect the $$ as if all those events went forward. Last year they did refund some of the team dues they said was unused. When I did the rough math it didn't come close to what should have been refunded and we let it go.

So shady that they allow a parent to collect well over $10k for a team and there is no checks and balances for where all this money is going.

My guess the access goes right back to the club which is wrong and against the contract. Tired of getting screwed over but speaking up against this DOES NOT work out for your kid, not a the club I am referring to.

Its sleazy by the club to continue to take advantage of parents. Youth sports are a drain because those involved are only concerned about the money.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    With all that's going on with Covid my child's team has done a fraction to what is in the club contract. The team admin continues to collect the $$ as if all those events went forward. Last year they did refund some of the team dues they said was unused. When I did the rough math it didn't come close to what should have been refunded and we let it go.

So shady that they allow a parent to collect well over $10k for a team and there is no checks and balances for where all this money is going.

My guess the access goes right back to the club which is wrong and against the contract. Tired of getting screwed over but speaking up against this DOES NOT work out for your kid, not a the club I am referring to.

Its sleazy by the club to continue to take advantage of parents. Youth sports are a drain because those involved are only concerned about the money.
    My guess you are speaking about susa. Our experience is not a good one with team admins and handling of money. Where the money all goes and providing that information to the parents never happens. Whether susa gets the excess is not fully known. Rumor is they get the access and take care of the admins. Its a recipe for disaster and its also a thorn in our side but as you state you let it go last year because you didn't want to create issue for your kid. We do the same and thieves love zero resistance to your wallet.

Who knows why an academy the size of susa still has parent involvement.

Comment

My guess you are speaking about susa. Our experience is not a good one with team admins and handling of money. Where the money all goes and providing that information to the parents never happens. Whether susa gets the excess is not fully known. Rumor is they get the access and take care of the admins. Its a recipe for disaster and its also a thorn in our side but as you state you let it go last year because you didn't want to create issue for your kid. We do the same and thieves love zero resistance to your wallet.

Who knows why an academy the size of susa still has parent involvement.
      its really just a face...there really is no parent involvement. remember susa is a for profit club. what for profit company do you know that publish their finances?

In the end, we put all the bs aside, (susa this, barca that) we pay for our kids happiness.
      kid is happy, you stay and pay whatever they ask. kid not happy....get out of Dodge.

Comment

its really just a face...there really is no parent involvement. remember susa is a for profit club. what for profit company do you know that publish their finances?

In the end, we put all the bs aside, (susa this, barca that) we pay for our kids happiness.
        kid is happy, you stay and pay whatever they ask. kid not happy....get out of Dodge.

I don't agree with some of the things susa does but I agree with your post. We are all doing this for our kids.

Comment

A well run club never has parents collecting money. They pay a person to handle all of that.

As for getting your money's worth this season, shocking, almost no one else is either. Some clubs step up, others slack off. If yours is a slacker, look elsewhere moving forward.

Comment

A well run club never has parents collecting money. They pay a person to handle all of that.

As for getting your money's worth this season, shocking, almost no one else is either. Some clubs step up, others slack off. If yours is a slacker, look elsewhere moving forward.
            Yeah, I completely don't get why Susa is sticking with this process with so much money in team dues being collected for each team each year by a parent.

Comment

Yeah, I completely don't get why Susa is sticking with this process with so much money in team dues being collected for each team each year by a parent.
              Sheer stupidity to have parents touching any money outside of collecting for a coach gift or team dinner. It's a recipe for theft, at a minimum a lot of mistrust. Hire someone to do it or use a coach who can manage a spread sheet. It's not that hard. Plus no parent wants to hound other parents for money!

Comment

Sheer stupidity to have parents touching any money outside of collecting for a coach gift or team dinner. It's a recipe for theft, at a minimum a lot of mistrust. Hire someone to do it or use a coach who can manage a spread sheet. It's not that hard. Plus no parent wants to hound other parents for money!
                no its not, its a good strategy! (you will be more trusting to give your $$$ to another parent than the big bad corporation) the parent is a face/puppet mostly for publicity while getting a small % for the work. (and the big bad corporation can always say they never received the money directly as there was always a "middle man".

Most people are dumb and don't see the scam. Like I say before we pay for our kids happiness, susa knows this, they can (and will) tack on an extra few 100 bucks next season and people will pay!

Comment

How much are you paying in?
                  I am a parent admin and collect for referees and tournaments. If you think something is off ask questions. Or actually volunteer to help.

I was able to get a couple of parents to do matching gifts with their company. Raffle book sales the proceeds go to the parent with the matching company they write a check to the club, their company writes a check to match. Now the team has doubled the money and less collecting for me.

If you feel scammed leave the club that’s not normal or acceptable if it’s actually happening.

Comment

no its not, its a good strategy! (you will be more trusting to give your $$$ to another parent than the big bad corporation) the parent is a face/puppet mostly for publicity while getting a small % for the work. (and the big bad corporation can always say they never received the money directly as there was always a "middle man".

Most people are dumb and don't see the scam. Like I say before we pay for our kids happiness, susa knows this, they can (and will) tack on an extra few 100 bucks next season and people will pay!
                    How much extra do you pay for the SUSA Koolaid?

Comment

How much extra do you pay for the SUSA Koolaid?
                      hint...its alot more than barca lmao!!!

Comment

Out of curiosity, how much are the fees for Susa a year?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X