Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think all these clubs that keep popping up, promising the world, etc, will never fully get off the ground without the support of a top league I.E. DA/GDA or ECNL. Promises of a nice facility mean nothing to me or my kid, all she wants is to play on a strong team in a strong league that doesn't require an hour commute each way, 3-4 times a week.
    Dejavu - read the Surf threads last year. Rolled it out too late, little information, poor communication, no coaching info or what leagues...It isn't that complicated to do but does take planning and organization. These are all former coaches, not MBAs.

Comment

There's other posts saying it isn't done yet. Multiple anonymous posts on BOTN slamming Barca. LM has been busy
      Hah yea he has.

Comment

We got an offer for Blue team (2nd). What tier is this? What are the different color codes?

Comment

We got an offer for Blue team (2nd). What tier is this? What are the different color codes?
          i think it is red, blue and gold. what year? What kind of info was in the email you got? verrry mysterious.

Comment

i think it is red, blue and gold. what year? What kind of info was in the email you got? verrry mysterious.
            2004. Are there two Blue teams? Says Metro League. I am not sure I can trust that email fully. Looks like different sections of that email are not updated to reflect the tier you are on. I cant see how every tier can play Metro League (unless red tier is playing some other league).

Comment

2004. Are there two Blue teams? Says Metro League. I am not sure I can trust that email fully. Looks like different sections of that email are not updated to reflect the tier you are on. I cant see how every tier can play Metro League (unless red tier is playing some other league).
              i do not believe there would be 2 blue teams per age group. every tier can play metro, or at least two. the gold team may not be metro.....or gold and blue are metro and red is something else? I am glad you got a response at least. they seem to be having a slow roll-out. I know a lot of people have been getting no response at all.

Comment

i do not believe there would be 2 blue teams per age group. every tier can play metro, or at least two. the gold team may not be metro.....or gold and blue are metro and red is something else? I am glad you got a response at least. they seem to be having a slow roll-out. I know a lot of people have been getting no response at all.
                I still haven't heard anything, 2004, and I caved and sent an email. No response.

Comment

I still haven't heard anything, 2004, and I caved and sent an email. No response.
                  that seems to be the MO...it may be better next year..but right now they don't seem to have their stuff together. it is almost a month since they started tryouts..still would be nice to get a response..some people may have moved on already. maybe that is what they're hoping for?? thinning the crowd...who knows.

Comment

The whole experience with Barca has been frustrating. They never respond to emails. Share very few details even when they disclose something. Prior to this I had reached out to them multiple times. Has anyone received any red or gold invites?

Comment

The whole experience with Barca has been frustrating. They never respond to emails. Share very few details even when they disclose something. Prior to this I had reached out to them multiple times. Has anyone received any red or gold invites?
                      i had heard or read on a post,, and i cannot remember where that they did send a red out, or someone was asking what it meant. what year is your son / daughter?

Comment

For a few thousand dollars you should know exactly what you are getting. Would you spend that much money on anything else without knowing all the details?

Comment

For a few thousand dollars you should know exactly what you are getting. Would you spend that much money on anything else without knowing all the details?
                          I would not.

Comment

The Technical Director for the Academy is a guy named Domenec Guasch. For those who attended tryouts you should recognize him. I guess Barca brought him here from Brazil to head up the Academy. From his LINKEDIN profile, it looks like he's been with the FCBEscola program for quite awhile in different positions and countries. I'm not sure what, if anything, this means, but I thought I would share this bit of info since this entire process has been one big secret.

Comment

Clearly they're off to a rocky start - launched too late without fully understanding the timing of tryouts etc around here. But that doesn't mean the training won't be good. It may feel like a big leap of faith. But it also depends on what your other options are. Could Barca coaching be WORSE than what you have? There's a lot of lousy clubs willing to take just as much money in exchange for poor coaching.

Comment

What concerns me is the mercenary approach to these Barca coaches. This coach, Domenec Guasch, might be very strong but how long is this assignment? He's been to two spots in Brazil, this is his first stop here. Where will he be in the fall of 2018? Is he working his way back to Spain, his home, as the the good soldier?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X