Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    "And honestly, all of that is fine. Businesses often use questionable practices to grow their business. Buyer beware. But what I object to, and literally every other soccer parent I know objects to, is our soccer fees being used to underwrite a program that is built on bashing our club, our coaches, and our players."

Was this post referring to the ECNL when it started ? Here is the fact. ECNL lines their pockets, GDA invest in our youth.

You make the choice
    Funny. I am a TA parent and I've never spent one dime on ECNL - unlike thorns since OYSA jacked up their fees to cover subsidizing soccer for parents who drive Range Rovers and take Caribbean vacations.

But hey if you consider a program that pulls kids out of high school and flies them to Florida to play 0-6 minutes per game "investing in our youth," you are probably dumb enough to actually believe it.

Comment

"And honestly, all of that is fine. Businesses often use questionable practices to grow their business. Buyer beware. But what I object to, and literally every other soccer parent I know objects to, is our soccer fees being used to underwrite a program that is built on bashing our club, our coaches, and our players."

Was this post referring to the ECNL when it started ? Here is the fact. ECNL lines their pockets, GDA invest in our youth.

You make the choice
      It’s hard to believe you. Could be that stupid. You know the cost of ECNL is not due to club fees. It is the cost is travel. ECNL clubs are not profiting off it.

The Timbers gambled that subsidizing the GDA would draw the ecnl players away. It didn’t work. That is why they are desperate to dump it. The Timbers never have and never will care about girls soccer and that subsidy is going to end.

Soon our GDA players will get to pay to travel and lose 15-0.

Comment

It’s hard to believe you. Could be that stupid. You know the cost of ECNL is not due to club fees. It is the cost is travel. ECNL clubs are not profiting off it.

The Timbers gambled that subsidizing the GDA would draw the ecnl players away. It didn’t work. That is why they are desperate to dump it. The Timbers never have and never will care about girls soccer and that subsidy is going to end.

Soon our GDA players will get to pay to travel and lose 15-0.
        Not sure what you mean? Several players did leave ECNL for DA this year.

Comment

Not sure what you mean? Several players did leave ECNL for DA this year.
          Let me give you the simpleton version. The Timbers did not get the ECNL players they neededd to be competitive. Most of what they got were kids cut from ECNL.

Comment

It’s been very disappointing. No longer an interesting option.
            If they allowed girls to play high school sports they would be more successful. Lack of life balance just seems counter to good overall development.

Comment

But hey if you consider a program that pulls kids out of high school and flies them to Florida to play 0-6 minutes per game "investing in our youth," you are probably dumb enough to actually believe it.
              There are many parents, and players who a have a distorted sense of their ability. If the above did occur, then I think some reflection is in order. That reflection could be; am I playing at the right level? do I need to work harder? do I need to work more on my own? do I really want to play at such a high level? I don't want to participate in a club where everyone gets equal playing time. Truth is, the kids aren't equal and this could be the wake up call they need to reinvigorate or retrench in some way. The Thorns have provided an environment for the best kids in the area to shine. Not all of them will shine, unfortunately.

Now if you go down the rabbit trail of blaming others for not seeing your DD's exceptional skills, that's going to make you look silly since the games are all recorded.

Comment

There are many parents, and players who a have a distorted sense of their ability. If the above did occur, then I think some reflection is in order. That reflection could be; am I playing at the right level? do I need to work harder? do I need to work more on my own? do I really want to play at such a high level? I don't want to participate in a club where everyone gets equal playing time. Truth is, the kids aren't equal and this could be the wake up call they need to reinvigorate or retrench in some way. The Thorns have provided an environment for the best kids in the area to shine. Not all of them will shine, unfortunately.

Now if you go down the rabbit trail of blaming others for not seeing your DD's exceptional skills, that's going to make you look silly since the games are all recorded.
                I would normally agree with you. However this is how the GDA is setup. They have subbing rules and expectation for how and when coaches sub which creates this situation for players who deserve to be there but happen to be number 14 or 15 on a competitive roster.

Top it off and these players who deserve to play have no opportunity to play elsewhere because the GDA has these regressive rules about paying high school or other sports.

Comment

If they allowed girls to play high school sports they would be more successful. Lack of life balance just seems counter to good overall development.
                  Why no high school sports? Probably a control issue. They don’t want kids having fun and connecting to the local community. That would hurt their retention.

Comment

Mostly agree but think the Thorns should clearly let players know if they are in the top 13-14 players or not. Better yet, only take 14 per team. Since they actually take 25, I agree that it is up to the player & parents to not sign up or leave if they don’t like the playing time. That goes for any club. If Thorns played everyone more, they might not be in the playoffs so everyone must realize its not development over wins. It’s not the Thorns fault and they aren’t forcing anyone to do academy.

Comment

Just wait and see. You will find out with the rest of the schmucks soon enough.
                      3 years ago we were introduced to the best Con yet from local clubs CU & FC P. The pay (Thousands $$) to travel gimmick. Schmucks? 'Suckers' fits better for this poor directionless ilk.

Comment

The Timbers gambled that subsidizing the GDA would draw the ecnl players away. It didn’t work. That is why they are desperate to dump it. The Timbers never have and never will care about girls soccer and that subsidy is going to end.Soon our GDA players will get to pay to travel and lose 15-0.
                        Seriously, do you really think all the girls at CU & FC Portland were or have ever been the prize targeted players for the DA?

Thanks again for sharing your delusions of grandeur, truly epic and poignant.

Comment

Why no high school sports? Probably a control issue. They don’t want kids having fun and connecting to the local community. That would hurt their retention.
                          That’s why most of the top kids are not interested in the us soccer branded product. That and the stench of failure around the US Soccer after the humiliating failure to even qualify for the World Cup.

Comment

That’s why most of the top kids are not interested in the us soccer branded product. That and the stench of failure around the US Soccer after the humiliating failure to even qualify for the World Cup.
                            Times are changing, absolutely with the demise of the US Club youth club (ECNL) platform, no longer will our youth girls/women's teams fail so miserably in World Cup qualifying competition. Most recently losing to Mexico ?http://www.concacaf.com/video/cu20w-...o-highlights-2

Something has to change to help the girls/women's game as our $$$ college 'showcase' model is n epic failure when it comes to preparing the girls for competition outside of the states vs. the 3rd world countries in qualifying, first things first my smelly friend.

Comment

Seriously, do you really think all the girls at CU & FC Portland were or have ever been the prize targeted players for the DA?

Thanks again for sharing your delusions of grandeur, truly epic and poignant.
                              Considering the Timbers desperately tried to recruit those players..... yes.

You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about. LOL!

Comment

Times are changing, absolutely with the demise of the US Club youth club (ECNL) platform, no longer will our youth girls/women's teams fail so miserably in World Cup qualifying competition. Most recently losing to Mexico ?http://www.concacaf.com/video/cu20w-...o-highlights-2

Something has to change to help the girls/women's game as our $$$ college 'showcase' model is n epic failure when it comes to preparing the girls for competition outside of the states vs. the 3rd world countries in qualifying, first things first my smelly friend.
                                The problem is selection and coaching.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X