Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All major clubs in Oregon subsidize players!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thorns parents only pay the first quarter million of travel costs.
    That covers a lot of travel.

Comment

Name one other club in Oregon (other than Timbers DA of course) that subsidizes the travel expenses of entire teams for the entire season.
      Go read the original post, then take another drink.

Timbers are already looking for an out. They have no plans to continue subsidizing girls soccer.

Comment

Go read the original post, then take another drink.

Timbers are already looking for an out. They have no plans to continue subsidizing girls soccer.
        I heard they have asked clubs to run the thorns. There is no end game for females in an academy and it's a distraction so I understand why they want to dump it.

Comment

There are NO other clubs that pay a DIME toward players travel and expenses other than GDA Thorns.
          That may be true. But at least I know when my kid goes to surf cup or mustang she's gonna play more than 6 minutes a game. Free isn't a great value if your kid never sees the field.

Comment

No need to worry - Thornz have never produced a college level player.
            .at least you are consistent at spewing bs.

Comment

Thorns parents only pay the first quarter million of travel costs.
              Many clubs subsidize costs based on need including travel. Is it a thorns staffer on here trying to say otherwise?

Comment

Except for the $80K that you're going to use on permitting and Engineering fees so you can pave just the driveway of your parking lot, right?
                Maybe you could donate the rest to subsidize westside and pave powerlines. I would rather see my kid play on that than a dog chit covered swampy sand box. Yes I am bitching about powerlines because I saw on our schedule we have to play on it this spring

Comment

Maybe you could donate the rest to subsidize westside and pave powerlines. I would rather see my kid play on that than a dog chit covered swampy sand box. Yes I am bitching about powerlines because I saw on our schedule we have to play on it this spring
                  It's not worse than fields 1 and 2 at Harmony. And the parking lot is far superior.

Comment

Many clubs subsidize costs based on need including travel. Is it a thorns staffer on here trying to say otherwise?
                    Thorns pay for ALL the athletes travel costs after it exhausts the revenue it collected (2k +125 x # athletes on the roster).

Comment

Thorns pay for ALL the athletes travel costs after it exhausts the revenue it collected (2k +125 x # athletes on the roster).
                      I'll say it again. So several players are getting free trips to California (less their $2125 in fees), for the privilege of sitting on the bench while their teammates play - and you think this should be celebrated? Really? The 01/02 team brought 18 to Cali last weekend which means 7 didn't even get to travel. Of the 18 that travelled, 10 played the full game Saturday (1-1 tie), which means 4 girls got zero minutes and the other 4 got to share 80 minutes of play. And you think this is great because it's FREE? Are college coaches now making offers based on how enthusiastically you sit on the bench?

If nothing else, we have learned two things from Thorns GDA:

Free isn't a good value if your kid never gets to play.
                      You can be ripped off in more ways than financially.

Comment

I'll say it again. So several players are getting free trips to California (less their $2125 in fees), for the privilege of sitting on the bench while their teammates play - and you think this should be celebrated? Really? The 01/02 team brought 18 to Cali last weekend which means 7 didn't even get to travel. Of the 18 that travelled, 10 played the full game Saturday (1-1 tie), which means 4 girls got zero minutes and the other 4 got to share 80 minutes of play. And you think this is great because it's FREE? Are college coaches now making offers based on how enthusiastically you sit on the bench?

Thanks for saying it again. Nothing like beating a dead horse. Pretty sure the kids that agreed to play with the Thorns knew what the rules of play were and accepted a slot on the team knowing the risks.

Do you keep bringing this up because...I cant think of a good reason actually.

Comment

Thanks for saying it again. Nothing like beating a dead horse. Pretty sure the kids that agreed to play with the Thorns knew what the rules of play were and accepted a slot on the team knowing the risks.

Well, on the bright side you are saving lots of cash for the therapy your kid will need when she figures out she gave up her entire high school experience to be a practice dummy for the 10 good players on Thorns. Winning!

Comment

Funny, TA does the same thing on the boys side. They actually believe they are doing the kids and community a service. If they would quit putting players on their roster based on checkbook size and friendships the team would have the requisite talent to be on the field. THEY ARE NOT PROFESSIONALS YET they need to see the field for game time to keep developing if they are on the roster.

Did anyone else here David Beckham on cowerd yesterday? He talked about being committed to building a world class youth academy in Miami that the community can be proud of and ultimately to develop and keep homegrown talent for their MLS franchise. He spoke about its importance and their dedication to it. TA could stand to take a few minutes to listen to the interview and change the heap of chit we have currently. They should have some pride and integrity and they would actually benefit from it rather than it be the hinderance and necessary evil as they currently view it

Comment

It's good that you are acknowledging the accuracy of my prior statement. That will go a long way towards redeeming yourself for allowing your daughter to be used as a living breathing practice cone. Baby steps!

Comment

It's good that you are acknowledging the accuracy of my prior statement. That will go a long way towards redeeming yourself for allowing your daughter to be used as a living breathing practice cone. Baby steps!
                                My daughter doesn't play for Thorns. She likes HS soccer and her current team/coach. But, if others sign up for it, its their choice. I'm sure the kids that signed up for Thorns and arent playing much will have hthier own reasons for either trying out again or leaving.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X