Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think they'll beat out FSA soon enough (come on, that's a very low bar), but not CFC anytime soon
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooon enough, maybe?

Comment

Doubtful. But even with this theory a real head coach won’t make a recruiting decision based on an assistants word. The death spiral of ECNL begins.
      How about this. 16 and 17s are the prime recruiting years at these events. The CFCU teams at these ages would absolutely bitch slap their peers at OW and it wouldn't be close.

The placements won't be close either. The current D1 placements on the CFC u17 alone will be more than OW puts together in both years combined

You can spew whatever **** you want here but OW is in a dog fight for second place.
      If your kid wants to go to SCSU or UHA then OW is a great place.

Comment

Seems like most D1 coaches choosing GDA over Phoenix ECNL. Not good for ECNL
        Keep yapping ow. Bunch of clowns.

Comment

Doubtful. But even with this theory a real head coach won’t make a recruiting decision based on an assistants word. The death spiral of ECNL begins.
          Death spiral. Yes every one is flocking to your mold infested facility. Debt is closing in

Comment

I'm through this with my second kid and nothing changes. OW parents
            Are complete clowns 🤡 . Some things never change. Things change when their kids "commit" to Trinity for 73k a year.

Comment

Keep yapping ow. Bunch of clowns.
              I agree the current CFC teams are stronger. I also agree they will most likely finish out with CFC and head off to college. However, GDA is where best players are going. It is absolutely not a secret. Oakwood may be a bunch of crazies but they will be the beneficiary of being in the right league. ECNL Boys is also dead on arrival.

Comment

I agree the current CFC teams are stronger. I also agree they will most likely finish out with CFC and head off to college. However, GDA is where best players are going. It is absolutely not a secret. Oakwood may be a bunch of crazies but they will be the beneficiary of being in the right league. ECNL Boys is also dead on arrival.
                FSA commitment list is not far off OW in boys already AND it's the first year of ECNL. Maybe DA is great in other areas, but not at OW.

DA or GDA will not make a pimple on the radar. ECNL on the girls side isn't changing with CFC.
                Stop dreaming OW and understand that the league will help but coaches know that the landscape isn't going anywhere soon.

Comment

Ow girls college placement will always be worse than Cfc an fsa, gda won’t change a thing
                  Keep telling yourself that. Oakwood is going to be the #1 place for female soccer development in CT sooner than later. With that development will come college scholarships. Sit back and watch all you haters.

Comment

How about this. 16 and 17s are the prime recruiting years at these events. The CFCU teams at these ages would absolutely bitch slap their peers at OW and it wouldn't be close.

The placements won't be close either. The current D1 placements on the CFC u17 alone will be more than OW puts together in both years combined

You can spew whatever **** you want here but OW is in a dog fight for second place.
                    If your kid wants to go to SCSU or UHA then OW is a great place.
                    That’s a riot. The Oakwood teams in those age groups would kill CFC. Cfc would never touch the ball.

Comment

That’s a riot. The Oakwood teams in those age groups would kill CFC. Cfc would never touch the ball.
                      Jump back into your lane u12 Dad. CFCU has a few NT players in the mix at those ages. OW can't handle the watered down Stars teams. This wouldn't be close. Check in with the OW alumni who made the jump. It's humble pie.

Comment

Keep telling yourself that. Oakwood is going to be the #1 place for female soccer development in CT sooner than later. With that development will come college scholarships. Sit back and watch all you haters.
                        I'm watching your kids stink up the joint. I'm watching daddy chest beaters like yourself get beat red, just like you do on sidelines. Slimy club, blowhard parents.

Comment

So as a reasonable Oakwood parent, it's disappointing to see these posts. My kid pkays at Oakwood and has done so for a number of years. She loves it and it's a big part of her social gig. She passes on high school soccer by choice but the primary motivation is staying with her friends.

Her team doesn't have a single player that lives 30 minutes south of Oakwood. You don't have to be an actuary to understand population density in our state. A huge majority of the population and of course the soccer talent lives south of New Haven. I'm not familiar with CFC but I know that's their draw.

The talent in CT is divided. CFC seems to have an almost mafia like hold on the talent especially in the Southern part of the state. The idea that OW is superior or even close seems
                          To be contrived by parents or club staff but as a regular guy on the sidelines I know it ain't true.

Comment

So as a reasonable Oakwood parent, it's disappointing to see these posts. My kid pkays at Oakwood and has done so for a number of years. She loves it and it's a big part of her social gig. She passes on high school soccer by choice but the primary motivation is staying with her friends.

Her team doesn't have a single player that lives 30 minutes south of Oakwood. You don't have to be an actuary to understand population density in our state. A huge majority of the population and of course the soccer talent lives south of New Haven. I'm not familiar with CFC but I know that's their draw.

The talent in CT is divided. CFC seems to have an almost mafia like hold on the talent especially in the Southern part of the state. The idea that OW is superior or even close seems
                            To be contrived by parents or club staff but as a regular guy on the sidelines I know it ain't true.
                            If your child is at Oakwood simply to stay with her friends then she’s there for the wrong reasons.

Comment

If your child is at Oakwood simply to stay with her friends then she’s there for the wrong reasons.
                              we all know there are no friends at oakwood.

Comment

Taking the same mid level NPL players with the same coaches and moving them not another league does not magically make them better players. Add in OW's weak college coaching connections and the fact that no top players moved to OW and it will take many years for OW to move on CFC's track record. Surpassing FSA is an easy target.

Take baby steps OW, and stop bragging. Your hubris is one of the biggest issues with the club.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X