Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Out from under a rock the CU/FC coach pokes their head. Now go back to hiding :)
    It's been all you this morning. Having an ignorant conversation with yourself. :)

Comment

The funny thing about this is that Oregon soccer is so terrible and yet you have two competing "elite" leagues with teams in Portland and there isn't enough talent to even form one elite team. It's a slap fight among midgets to decide who is tallest. To use a line from City Slickers: California Elite teams crap bigger than you Portland teams.

Comment

The funny thing about this is that Oregon soccer is so terrible and yet you have two competing "elite" leagues with teams in Portland and there isn't enough talent to even form one elite team. It's a slap fight among midgets to decide who is tallest. To use a line from City Slickers: California Elite teams crap bigger than you Portland teams.
        Pure ignorance. Travel around the country and see the talent. Portland is fine. Ignoramus people like yourself don’t understand that Sothern California is an island in quality and numbers. Pull your head out and catch a clue.

Comment

Pure ignorance. Travel around the country and see the talent. Portland is fine. Ignoramus people like yourself don’t understand that Sothern California is an island in quality and numbers. Pull your head out and catch a clue.
          Portland is fine = "We are not midgets, we are dwarfs, so there." So funny, you do realize that a dwarf is still short, don't you? Mediocrity times three should be the tag line for Portland soccer. Portland is fine - no that's a funny one.

Comment

Portland is fine = "We are not midgets, we are dwarfs, so there." So funny, you do realize that a dwarf is still short, don't you? Mediocrity times three should be the tag line for Portland soccer. Portland is fine - no that's a funny one.
            Boo hoo! We should all take our ball and go home! You sad fools have no solutions. It’s all boo hoo for you.

Go educate yourself.

Comment

Yes Portland is finally mediocre at every club. It's awesome? But why is it so expensive to be average? Somewhat counter-intuitive

Comment

is chloroquine an antibiotic https://chloroquineorigin.com/# hydroxychloroquine drugs

Comment

$8,000 is a pretty reasonable estimate for the player. If you want to travel to watch your daughter play, it's probably closer to $12,000 per year with hotels, gas, airfare...etc

But it's worth it. Invest $30k for a college scholarship? That's a good return on investment.
                  Dude,

If your kid plays for either CU or TA the college scholarship (based on historical data) will be for Western Oregon U., Linfield, enter any other D2/D3 program here.

The cost to go to these schools is way less than you will pay for the privilege to play for these toxic clubs.

I can name many 2 coaches total for both clubs that I would want my kid playing for. The others are terrible. And when I say terrible, I mean actually damaging to your kids progression and enjoyment as a player.

Save your money, play for a good local team with positive coaches (ps there are actually great coaches at OYSA teams.) and if you are serious, use the other money to find a great private trainer to work with your kid. I guarantee you their experience with be 10 fold better than either ECNL program in Oregon. I say either because CU and TA are colluding to get rid of FC Portland. They are actively recruiting their players and giving them roster spots to try and kill the club.

Comment

Yes Portland is finally mediocre at every club. It's awesome? But why is it so expensive to be average? Somewhat counter-intuitive
                    Portland produces terrible teams due to the way the clubs operate here. They dilute the quality and there are no true year round elite teams. SoCalifornia clubs promote the top talent and train them together. They offer scholarships to the majority of their best players regardless of income from families. Same with XF premier in Washington. Until Oregon replicates this, it will continue to be a pay to play scheme and the best players will be left to play on separate teams with less than talented teammates.

Development is awful here. I couldn’t believe it when I first saw how this club system is organized. No reason Portland couldn’t have amazing teams, but the club system is setup terribly here and player development will always lack behind the rest of the west. Including Utah as they have a similar strategy to California and Washington

Comment

Dude,
                      CU and TA are colluding to get rid of FC Portland. They are actively recruiting their players and giving them roster spots to try and kill the club.
                      or.. the better players at FC Portland are tired of getting crushed and looking to play elsewhere?

Comment

or.. the better players at FC Portland are tired of getting crushed and looking to play elsewhere?
                        Thorns and CU probably like having a minnow on the schedule. If anyone is trying to shank FC's ECNL program, I bet its uPDX, who would love to replace them.

Comment

Facts:

Thorns and CU are not colluding against fc Portland. Fc Portland got this way all on their own. This has been years in the making. Poor development, bad coaches, bad results.

Thorns and CU do like having someone to beat because it’s pretty evident that both of them are are doormats when they ever leave the state.

This is why thorns can’t keep together older teams that can compete against OYSA teams and CU is struggling at 07, 05, 04,

Comment

Gotta be one of the funniest things I've read on here for awhile. There's NO way anybody can pin FCs downfall on anybody, BUT themselves!

CU and TA are just picking up the broken pieces of FC and are doing a better job. FCs standard is very low. Not hard to out perform them these days.

Comment

True. But they are going to clubs that also lose more often than not.

And the FC older ages actually play better than the Thorns do.

Comment

Thorns and CU probably like having a minnow on the schedule. If anyone is trying to shank FC's ECNL program, I bet its uPDX, who would love to replace them.
                                United PDX has no chance getting ECNL, they were denied GAL and Bridge City and Washington Timbers.

The only 2 girls clubs in ECNL will be Thorns and CU. That’s a travesty, but probably true.

But the ECNL is getting watered down heavily across the US with the new regional league etc..

Lavers wants to dominate the club “pay to play” model. All about making money vs trying to cultivate talent. But who can blame them?

But stop with United PDX, PCU is probably a better club for girls, and Westside is better for boys.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X