Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You do realize that a GDA or ECNL girl is not magic right? Just having one on the team does not make up for the other ten girls on the field when there is only one ball.

The stock you all put into where a girl or two plays is unbelievable. If the team is otherwise crap there just isn't much one player can do. You understand this right?
    So true - you can have a team full of "club" players but there's a huge amount of variability within that and overlap from what is considered top to bottom tiers. Plenty of kids ride the benches on teams that play in top leagues. Some HS coaches also don't know how to use the players they have. And if team has a handful of top players but the supporting cast can't string together two passes, well you're in for a long season.

Comment

So true - you can have a team full of "club" players but there's a huge amount of variability within that and overlap from what is considered top to bottom tiers. Plenty of kids ride the benches on teams that play in top leagues. Some HS coaches also don't know how to use the players they have. And if team has a handful of top players but the supporting cast can't string together two passes, well you're in for a long season.
      All of this is true - but there is no denying that at every level of youth soccer (ECNL, GDA, Rec, HS) a single player can make a huge difference - especially if they are a striker or a GK - they can decided many games. It is a fallacy to say that one top-notch difference maker can be neutralized by not having a strong supporting cast. Watch game film of LeBron playing in H.S. - his teammates were invisible.

Comment

is GDA's fault, the girls have regressed.
        HoHoHoHo. STA can't win with GDA players.

Comment

All of this is true - but there is no denying that at every level of youth soccer (ECNL, GDA, Rec, HS) a single player can make a huge difference - especially if they are a striker or a GK - they can decided many games. It is a fallacy to say that one top-notch difference maker can be neutralized by not having a strong supporting cast. Watch game film of LeBron playing in H.S. - his teammates were invisible.

Goalie's for sure make a difference. Have seen strikers get hurt and the team had to step with better ball passing and procession working for a goal and with set plays. Starting goalie goes down, look out.

Comment

Goalie's for sure make a difference. Have seen strikers get hurt and the team had to step with better ball passing and procession working for a goal and with set plays. Starting goalie goes down, look out.
            As a GK parent I'd like to agree that my kid is the most important lol :). But that isn't always the case, rarely is the case in fact. Multiple mistakes by field players lead to shots on goal. If you have a weak defensive line you're screwed.

Comment

When was the last time STA got beat? How many GDA players are on McCarthy?
              They got shut out by Viera a few years ago in State Semi-Finals.

Comment

As a GK parent I'd like to agree that my kid is the most important lol :). But that isn't always the case, rarely is the case in fact. Multiple mistakes by field players lead to shots on goal. If you have a weak defensive line you're screwed.
                As a GK keeper parent this is true but often times it's a result of bad direction or no direction from their keeper. As players get older the role of the keeper is more about directing the defense than making stops. Unfortunately this is something rarely taught to keepers and teams until they are U14-15 or above. It should be done much earlier.

Comment

As a GK keeper parent this is true but often times it's a result of bad direction or no direction from their keeper. As players get older the role of the keeper is more about directing the defense than making stops. Unfortunately this is something rarely taught to keepers and teams until they are U14-15 or above. It should be done much earlier.
                  Especially with female GKs. Most are not comfortable "bossing" the other players around but the good defenders really appreciate it when the GK is vocal.

Comment

LOL, Yes, you are a goalie parent deflecting in favor om the defensive line. Have seen more games lost with the backup goalie than not watching different teams.

Guessing your player is pretty good which is lucky for her team. Unless her back up is close in skill, I bet things get ugly if she goes down or is away for camps.

Comment

They got shut out by Viera a few years ago in State Semi-Finals.
                      Nobody cares about this AM result! When the playoffs start, game on! The results will be totally different.

Comment

Nobody cares about this AM result! When the playoffs start, game on! The results will be totally different.
                        This post was an answer to a question. Are you saying its wrong?

Comment

This post was an answer to a question. Are you saying its wrong?
                          No, speaking about result of St Thomas vs AM. The result will be different when we meet in playoffs! Drop My Mic!

Comment

No, speaking about result of St Thomas vs AM. The result will be different when we meet in playoffs! Drop My Mic!
                            Did you just drop the mic or "Drop My Mic!" by stating a guess of what you think might happen in the future? I'm not sure you understand the concept of a mic drop.

That's funny though. I think Jackie Chan should use this line in Rush Hour 5.

Comment

Did you just drop the mic or "Drop My Mic!" by stating a guess of what you think might happen in the future? I'm not sure you understand the concept of a mic drop.

That's funny though. I think Jackie Chan should use this line in Rush Hour 5.
                              Archbishop McCarthy is the Real Deal! They knocked off Cardinal Gibbons. Great job Coach Mike!

Comment

Archbishop McCarthy is the Real Deal! They knocked off Cardinal Gibbons. Great job Coach Mike!
                                How many GDA players do they have?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X