Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The GDA players are somewhat jealous that the high school team is doing fine without them.
    someone is definitely jealous, but it sounds more like the dad who is on five different threads crying, and whose daughter didn't make the GDA

Comment

someone is definitely jealous, but it sounds more like the dad who is on five different threads crying, and whose daughter didn't make the GDA
      Not sure who you're talking about, but the two sides of this argument are basically:
      Side 1: A player should have to try out, train, and contribute over the entire season to be part of the HS team
      Side 2: My player is a GDA superstar and she'll do whatever she wants and F everybody else. The rules don't apply to us

You appear to be the cheerleader for Side 2. Good luck with that. Hope you have evidence of participation in those 10 regular season games.

Comment

Not sure who you're talking about, but the two sides of this argument are basically:
        Side 1: A player should have to try out, train, and contribute over the entire season to be part of the HS team
        Side 2: My player is a GDA superstar and she'll do whatever she wants and F everybody else. The rules don't apply to us

You appear to be the cheerleader for Side 2. Good luck with that. Hope you have evidence of participation in those 10 regular season games.
        Have you ever gone to a HS practice?? Complete waste of time. And the truth of the matter is this......and it's sad that someone has to point it out.......your kid is NOT losing her spot to a GDA player, she's losing her spot to someone at the BOTTOM of the roster.....to the worst player on the HS team. She doesnt have to beat out the GDA player for that roster spot, she just has to beat out that LAST player. If your kid can't do that, then THAT'S the problem and not the GDA players playing high school.

Comment

The cheerleader is the resident Talking Soccer GDA Daddy. He's salty this week because his GDA daughter can now play for her school but she made absolutely no difference in this week's HS games.

Comment

High school soccer is voluntary, and has one goal....Win. If you don't like that the coach plays GDA players when they are available, then don't play high school soccer or transfer. People who complain that a player didn't try-out for high school are the people who will be on the bench because of that player. If the coach knows he/she is quality then no they do not have to try out if they have GDA requirements until Dec. Get over it

Comment

The cheerleader is the resident Talking Soccer GDA Daddy. He's salty this week because his GDA daughter can now play for her school but she made absolutely no difference in this week's HS games.
              actually I'm the person that that poster called cheerleader for the 2nd option, and I don't even have a daughter, just replying to a whiny dad who can't handle the coach playing girls who give his school the best chance of winning since that is the whole point to HS soccer. If you are playing HS soccer for improvement or development, you have already lost the battle.

Comment

Im not sure if you're calling ME a cheerleader but if you are, you are WRONG.

My daugher doesn't play GDA. Just club. Starts for her high school as a freshman. Goes to her HS practices and/or games, then goes to her club training which has been pared down to only twice a week during HS season and the club team doesn't play league games because of high school. So she really doesn't need to miss any club practices.

So this week for instance, which is unusually hectic with 3 HS games (usually only 2)

Monday - 90 minute school practice which consists of some ball work and light work
                Tuesday - HS game from 3:30-5:30. Club training from 8-9:30
                Wed - HS game from 3:30-5:30.
                Thursday- Club training from 8-9:30
                Friday- HS game from 3:30-5:30

Comment

My daugher doesn't play GDA. Just club. Starts for her high school as a freshman. Goes to her HS practices and/or games, then goes to her club training which has been pared down to only twice a week during HS season and the club team doesn't play league games because of high school. So she really doesn't need to miss any club practices.

So this week for instance, which is unusually hectic with 3 HS games (usually only 2)

Monday - 90 minute school practice which consists of some ball work and light work
                  Wow, games from 3:30-5:30. I'm sure those games are packed with students and parents! But the "experience of High School Soccer" is soooo important. LOL

Comment

Wow, games from 3:30-5:30. I'm sure those games are packed with students and parents! But the "experience of High School Soccer" is soooo important. LOL
                    Another GDA kool-aid drinker...LOL!

Comment

Another GDA kool-aid drinker...LOL!
                      I just think that is an awesome time slot to really allow the student body and the whole of the community to join together and watch the beautiful game. It must be so rewarding for these young ladies to look up into the stands and see literally a dozen people.

Comment

The control group was the players that stayed in the academy. My son left and trained elsewhere for approx. 9 months. Previously my son was on a par with the other players. When they played on the same field within the ID clinic, my son stood out among all the players (and most were older). So to my eyes (and I very critical), it was verifiable proof that we made the right choice.

To be clear about one point. We got very lucky with an excellent new coach who recognized my son's ability and coincidentally trains at the gym my son (due to more free time) signed up at. The coach has given him free one on one fitness training and they practice soccer skills at the gym also. We are very fortunate in this regard but that good fortune came because we realized DAP just wasn't getting the job done and were willing to leave to try other avenues with the objective of working to find the best means of making him the best possible player.
                        Sounds like you should be worried about your sons coaches intentions. Making me think alter boy priest situation.

Comment

Go check out the Prospects Cup next week for a rude awakening.
                          Weston wins their group tomorrow if they beat LA Galaxy

Comment

It fulfills the criteria for overtraining, that carries significant risk of overuse injuries and burnout not to mention the risk of overtraining syndrome with its crippling consequences..

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X