Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Or here is another thought. The DA coaches locally where we are. Don't have the back ground of qualifications of the coach who coaches my sons team. Also we can't afford it financially. So it is a win win for us. Kid still gets extremely high level coaching and we keep $$$ in our pocket.
    On the coaching, perhaps, but perhaps not. I'll chalk that up as rationalization and a crutch argument.

The money part, in all seriousness, you really don't need to defend your choice if it is based on economics. You really don't, so don't bother trying. I have more respect for you making the fiscally responsible choice unlike myself.

Comment

Or here is another thought. The DA coaches locally where we are. Don't have the back ground of qualifications of the coach who coaches my sons team. Also we can't afford it financially. So it is a win win for us. Kid still gets extremely high level coaching and we keep $$$ in our pocket.
      What club are you at now? Maybe we will check it out if the coaches are better than the DA.

Comment

Sorry to burst your bubble but your son is "shining" because the competition is not as good.
        He shined in this instance against academy players he previously played with and against.. But you are still correct. The competition was not as good.

Comment

Where is the verifiable proof that you are talking about?
          The control group was the players that stayed in the academy. My son left and trained elsewhere for approx. 9 months. Previously my son was on a par with the other players. When they played on the same field within the ID clinic, my son stood out among all the players (and most were older). So to my eyes (and I very critical), it was verifiable proof that we made the right choice.

To be clear about one point. We got very lucky with an excellent new coach who recognized my son's ability and coincidentally trains at the gym my son (due to more free time) signed up at. The coach has given him free one on one fitness training and they practice soccer skills at the gym also. We are very fortunate in this regard but that good fortune came because we realized DAP just wasn't getting the job done and were willing to leave to try other avenues with the objective of working to find the best means of making him the best possible player.

Comment

My kid plays for Juventus zoff. I think we can play with any da team in Florida. Sorry to pull your string.

Comment

First year in u12 DA and we went to Texas, kid
              missed school and played 5 minutes out there.

Son not part of the first team but training has
              made him better this year. Unless kid is first team
              though, not sure we are in a viable situation.
              Kids want to play in the games, if they don’t, what is the point.

At least we can say we tried it, improved and whatever happens next
              have no regrets.

Comment

Unless you provide club name you are just part of the anti da movement that already lost all credibility

Comment

The control group was the players that stayed in the academy. My son left and trained elsewhere for approx. 9 months. Previously my son was on a par with the other players. When they played on the same field within the ID clinic, my son stood out among all the players (and most were older). So to my eyes (and I very critical), it was verifiable proof that we made the right choice.

To be clear about one point. We got very lucky with an excellent new coach who recognized my son's ability and coincidentally trains at the gym my son (due to more free time) signed up at. The coach has given him free one on one fitness training and they practice soccer skills at the gym also. We are very fortunate in this regard but that good fortune came because we realized DAP just wasn't getting the job done and were willing to leave to try other avenues with the objective of working to find the best means of making him the best possible player.
                  You know that the coach and your son are dating now right?

Just kidding!.......Relax,.....sort of.

Comment

My kid plays for Juventus zoff. I think we can play with any da team in Florida. Sorry to pull your string.
                    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

why don't you try getting past Weston's Black team before considering their DA team, better yet try getting past Tropical Soccer first

Comment

Go check out the Prospects Cup next week for a rude awakening.

Comment

Just your continued insistence on using the term "DAP" makes me disqualify you from ever being part of the DA. Your kid was never there and you are making this whole fantasy lie up in your pronated frontal lobe.

Comment

That the HS team is thriving without the DA players!

Comment

That the HS team is thriving without the DA players!
                              Actually they are not the da players if they did play HS your kid would be on the bench and in the back of the yearbook picture of your team

Comment

Actually they are not the da players if they did play HS your kid would be on the bench and in the back of the yearbook picture of your team
                                The GDA players are somewhat jealous that the high school team is doing fine without them.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X