Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NCAA DIII Champion runner-up Univ of Chicago

UChicago has two Fairfield County players who helped take the team all the way to the National Championhip. UChicago lost the championship to Williams 1-0.

The starting GK is a sophomore from New Canaan. She made All-FCIAC second team as a junior but did not make All-FCIAC as a senior. The second CT player is a freshman from Ridgefield. She made All-FCIAC first team as a junior and a senior.

Many talk about DI soccer as if it were the holy grail but I think that an academically successful All-Conference player from CT should consider schools such as UChicago or Williams. The academics are stellar and the soccer experience can be rewarding.

The soccer is impressive, too: http://www.ncaa.com/video/soccer-wom...go-full-replay

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    UChicago has two Fairfield County players who helped take the team all the way to the National Championhip. UChicago lost the championship to Williams 1-0.

The starting GK is a sophomore from New Canaan. She made All-FCIAC second team as a junior but did not make All-FCIAC as a senior. The second CT player is a freshman from Ridgefield. She made All-FCIAC first team as a junior and a senior.

Many talk about DI soccer as if it were the holy grail but I think that an academically successful All-Conference player from CT should consider schools such as UChicago or Williams. The academics are stellar and the soccer experience can be rewarding.

The soccer is impressive, too: http://www.ncaa.com/video/soccer-wom...go-full-replay
    Not sure who you are sending this message to, but I think most sane people already know this.

Some of these D3s would give the majority of the Ivys a good game

Comment

It's University of Chicago. Who cares about their soccer? If you can attend a top notch school AND play top D3 soccer you've won the lottery.

Comment

I was all with you till you attached the video ( that impressive!)

Sorry but my bar is a little higher, forwards have to finish , I got bored after 5 minutes I can see games like this in CT everyday of the week.

Check out the UCLA v Stanford college cup highlights.
        Btw it’s only 2 minutes long but the full game was impressive.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UnMqcAVjfSE

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2160312]I was all with you till you attached the video ( that impressive!)

Sorry but my bar is a little higher, forwards have to finish , I got bored after 5 minutes I can see games like this in CT everyday of the week.

Correct clip.
          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nK_3acAiV-U

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2160315]

Correct clip.
            No one said top D3 is the same as top D1. Of course it's night and day. It's when you get down into low D1 vs top D3 the lines are more blurred.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2160315]

Correct clip.
              I am the op. I am fully aware that top DIII is nowhere near top DI soccer. That said, it certainly can compete with the DI programs once you get out of the top 100, wouldn't you say?

My point was more that girls who may be tops in their conference but not make All-State can play quality soccer (yes, I know, nowhere near DI) in college even if it is not D1.

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UnMqcAVjfSE
                D0uch3B@g alert aisle 3. Hey putz1e. Remind us about all the accolades you received. Total tool.

Comment

D0uch3B@g alert aisle 3. Hey putz1e. Remind us about all the accolades you received. Total tool.
                  The only douchB is you or the OP or maybe the same poster.

Last sentence, His or Her words not mine “ The soccer is impressive too” — then attach the full game after the quote —-boy o boy — why would you not expect some criticism, everything else was perfect up until.

Nuf said...I got a plane to catch Singapore —Too much rubbernecking —carry on.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2160331]

I am the op. I am fully aware that top DIII is nowhere near top DI soccer. That said, it certainly can compete with the DI programs once you get out of the top 100, wouldn't you say?

My point was more that girls who may be tops in their conference but not make All-State can play quality soccer (yes, I know, nowhere near DI) in college even if it is not D1.
                    you point is valid . the references to All state etc irrelevant. Any good player HS or Club with the academic chops and the ability to pay for it should not dismiss many D3 schools - I would include Hopkins, Emory, and may others in your list of good acdemics and solid soccer.

In many ways its a lot harder than D1 becasue many of these schools expect academic excellence and do not provide anywhere near the same level of academic support/ concessions to athletes as the top D1s do.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2160331]

No. There's over 300 D1 teams. Only handful of d3 teams that can compete with the bottom 100.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2160418]

No. There's over 300 D1 teams. Only handful of d3 teams that can compete with the bottom 100.
                        The films that were linked to were not the bottom 100 .... watch an Appalachian state womens soccer game or Iona (or Fairfield). Watching CCSU is awful ..... boot it and run fast to chase it ..... just like FSA.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2160424]

The films that were linked to were not the bottom 100 .... watch an Appalachian state womens soccer game or Iona (or Fairfield). Watching CCSU is awful ..... boot it and run fast to chase it ..... just like FSA.
                          Just like most D3 teams. UConn is ranked 118 and there are no D3 teams that can beat them. Maybe 4 or 5 teams could give Fairfield a game but I would put my money on Fairfield. The D3 teams would have a difficult time getting past their defensive line

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2160436]

Just like most D3 teams. UConn is ranked 118 and there are no D3 teams that can beat them. Maybe 4 or 5 teams could give Fairfield a game but I would put my money on Fairfield. The D3 teams would have a difficult time getting past their defensive line
                            OK - so let's move the bar back to the top 150 DI teams. So much emphasis is put on DI soccer, when DIII also can be rewarding and provide a great education at the same time.

Comment

Lots of brain power on that field.

Neither school gives merit money and obviously D3 cannot give academic money. That means that the kids have to have the grades, test scores and financial means. Both schools have tremendous endowments but you have to qualify for financial aid or have the steam to drop the full sticker price.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X