Abbey Villa - Where to go Next?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None of you have any idea what you are talking about. As usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Boys Side? Didn't realize they had a boys program.
      What an absurdly ignorant comment.

Comment

I don't know why people get so up in arms because a coach leaves a club. It's common for people to move to another company in all walks of life. Why would or should club soccer be any different?

Moving from AV to BEST is past stupid. The coach that left AV for BEST was fired from AV.
        You're being a little too disingenuous for your own good. Whether TP was fired or not, he coached girls and this thread isn't about him. No one is suggesting club soccer should be "different" than any other company or walk of life. When a company can't retain talent and has a pattern of losing it or loses a large concentration of it in a short period of time, guess what? That's NOT a good thing, despite your attempt to spin it as lacking any significance.

So we're clear, AV is much worse off for having lost GW, AH, KG, and PM, to name a few, just on the boys side, just within the last year. But spin away.

Comment

None of you have any idea what you are talking about. As usual.
          Some, not none.

Comment

Come in DR, your time is up! And good riddance!!

Comment

GW - wife's job relocated to MI
              AH - on a 9 month VISA that was up

The other two left for their own reasons that no one here is likely privy to.

AV is good for some people but not all. Just like every other club. The coaches I have had contact with are all good coaches and decent people who care about the kids they coach.

Bashing club owners, coaches. etc. anonymously is cowardly at best. If you don't like a club don't join it. It works for my family and I am glad to be there.

Comment

AV is good for some people but not all. Just like every other club. The coaches I have had contact with are all good coaches and decent people who care about the kids they coach.

Bashing club owners, coaches. etc. anonymously is cowardly at best. If you don't like a club don't join it. It works for my family and I am glad to be there.
                If you have a coach that you really like and is here on a Visa, expect a coaching change at some point. They are temp workers and fill the slots when needed. Regarding "don't join if you don't like the club," this is a forum and we are free to express our opinions about all things soccer. Deal with the good and the bad. The coaching carousal at AV is certainly an issue that is well known.

Comment

I didn't mention the owner, much less bash him, because I didn't need to in order to make my point. I simply countered someone's bull**** spin mentioning a girls coach who left for another club alleging that he was fired. None of that has anything to do with this thread, but that was the point of the spin.

Maybe if you lose GW and AH, you do more so you don't lose KG or PM? And even if those departures were for those same sort of reasons mostly beyond DR's control, what's the point of posting here pretending like it isn't a big deal or dismissing it altogether to talk about firing one of the girls coaches who left for another club? Weak.

Comment

Is what it is, small club. DR can't get out of his own way.

Comment

The turnover of the coaches has been really disappointing, but it just goes along with other things I have seen. They canceled futsal for the entire winter last week and now we only have training indoors on half of a 9v9 field with like 5 other teams on it. My kid isn't getting anything out of it working in a 10 by 10 foot square with 15 other players in there.

Comment

I didn't mention the owner, much less bash him, because I didn't need to in order to make my point. I simply countered someone's bull**** spin mentioning a girls coach who left for another club alleging that he was fired. None of that has anything to do with this thread, but that was the point of the spin.

Maybe if you lose GW and AH, you do more so you don't lose KG or PM? And even if those departures were for those same sort of reasons mostly beyond DR's control, what's the point of posting here pretending like it isn't a big deal or dismissing it altogether to talk about firing one of the girls coaches who left for another club? Weak.
                        I'll gladly bash the owner. My son's U9 team did not have a coach for the entirety of the season. Different coaches at every training, different coaches at games, coaches showing up late to games. He had a big parent meeting with the whole team at the end of the season and all he could really say was that they would have a coach for us in the spring...just like they said for the fall.

We have noticed that a lot of coaches have left recently, but at least their teams had a coach for the season!

Comment

If people are unhappy, now is a great time to look around. Winter practices are more laid back. You can get in some free practice sessions and see if the grass is really greener.

Comment

My son's coach (also a director) just left the club and he had just taken over from another coach that left in the summer. Does anyone know what is going on at Abbey villa? My son has gone to their camps in the past as well so had a lot of interaction with coaches and directors that never coached his teams and a lot of those coaches have left in the past few months too.

We're looking for somewhere to go next because it seems like things aren't going well at the club, but not sure where to go as we have always been at AV. Can you leave halfway through the year?
                            If you play for Abbey villa you should just have your kid take piano lessons or art classes.

Comment

The inmates are running the asylum. Only a matter of time before it implodes.

Comment

The inmates are running the asylum.
                                This makes no sense.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X